PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new ball

H3RBSKI
11-08-2013, 08:56 PM
looking for a new ball to go with my motiv 2 cruel.
my lanes are a heavy pattern so would need a ball to use when the lane breaks down towards the end of the night. been looking at the DV8 balls are they are seriously cheap and look extremely good for the money.
what DV8 balls do you recommend for medium-heavy patter? i prefer late hooking balls for some reason i just love the way they look like they are going wide but snap back last second.
any reccomendations?

mike_thomas93
11-08-2013, 10:03 PM
You could go for something like the Brutal Nightmare. It skids easily through the front and mid-lane part of the lane with strong backend reaction. You could go a pin-up layout just for length when friction's created, so the ball doesn't read the lane too early based on how much you put on the ball. Seems like the Dude's been a hit every since it's been released, from what I heard. Seems to be very versatile for any bowling style. That can be another option, as well.

noeymc
11-09-2013, 04:31 PM
best bowling ball i ever owned

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-balls/RotoGrip/10358/Shatter.html

Vince805
11-09-2013, 08:00 PM
You could go for something like the Brutal Nightmare. It skids easily through the front and mid-lane part of the lane with strong backend reaction. You could go a pin-up layout just for length when friction's created, so the ball doesn't read the lane too early based on how much you put on the ball. Seems like the Dude's been a hit every since it's been released, from what I heard. Seems to be very versatile for any bowling style. That can be another option, as well.

I have a brutal nightmare and from my personal experience it hook too much once the lanes break down and the house i bowl at is heavy oil also. it works great in the beginning but when it breaks down i have to make usually a big change cuz it gets to snappy in the back. but depending on your style of bowling it may be a perfect fit for you :-) definitely a good ball i love mine and recommend it

e-tank
11-10-2013, 02:18 AM
It would really all depend on your style

could be anything from the misfit pearl to marauder mutiny

EDIT: why are you looking for a medium-heavy ball for when the lanes break down?

H3RBSKI
11-10-2013, 03:31 AM
It would really all depend on your style

could be anything from the misfit pearl to marauder mutiny

EDIT: why are you looking for a medium-heavy ball for when the lanes break down?

When I had my 2cruel I was only just starting to hook bowl and I had no other ball to go off so he drilled it to fit my style then. At a recent regional league game one bowler/coach commented on my rev speed saying that my ball should move slot more then it does already and looked at my ball. Told Me I could get a lot more out of the ball with a better layout. I want a second good ball so if I get s medium to heavy ball I can have that drilled to a more aggressive style and use it as my main ball on fresh lanes and switch to my 2cruel when the lanes break down of that makes sense.

noeymc
11-10-2013, 09:29 AM
rev rate helps the ball move so does axis point more goes into it then just ur rav rate if u want to stay in dv8 id go with one of these

dv8 diva or dv8 Marauder

but even dv8 misfit is strong 2curl is a very strong ball can i ask what your avg is? if its not over 180 id get a plastic ball and just move left with it and make spares old saying get good with one ball then by more =D but in all honesty dv8 bowlingballs are well made but they are all built to suck the public in with how strong they are and how much they hook if you really want a arsenl look for something entry level and fill in from there my roto grip scream can out hook a lucid that this guy uses but i also get more behind the ball then he does and i can change my axis so its all up to your skill level and i can sit here and run bowling ball names off all day at the end of the day till we see you bowl we are just guessing

e-tank
11-10-2013, 11:34 AM
When I had my 2cruel I was only just starting to hook bowl and I had no other ball to go off so he drilled it to fit my style then. At a recent regional league game one bowler/coach commented on my rev speed saying that my ball should move slot more then it does already and looked at my ball. Told Me I could get a lot more out of the ball with a better layout. I want a second good ball so if I get s medium to heavy ball I can have that drilled to a more aggressive style and use it as my main ball on fresh lanes and switch to my 2cruel when the lanes break down of that makes sense.

Unless the ball has an obvious weak layout, i dont see how the coach could tell how its drilled without knowing your pap. Im guessing you bowl on ths? As far as i know most ths are not heavy oil, they fall into the medium-light range. If i were you, id look into a medium range ball and work on your mechanics. As Noey said above, you dont need those heavy oil monsters and once you learn how to bowl, youll throw a bigger hook than those people that do use them. For reference, about 9 months ago i swore i needed a heavy oiler for league so i got a dv8 hell raiser revenge. It was a good ball but adjustments had to be made quick often otherwise id hit too high. That ball cracked so i had to learn how to use my medium balls for the first game and now i can say my dv8 too reckless is easily the strongest ball in my arsenal, even sometimes a little too strong. Just last week i was hooking my ball just as well on toasted lanes during game 3 with a taboo spare as a guy using a hammer cold blood.

Stormed1
11-10-2013, 11:23 PM
The 2Cruel is a very strong ball.If there is not enough oil the ball will burn up and not hook.What you are thinking is heavy oil may be not enough oil. Unless you're a high speed bowler and need the heavy oiler to be able to have the ball slow gown quicker a medium oil ball will be just the ticket on house shots. If you want to go with DV8 I would go with a Diva or Dude with the Diva hooking slightly more. If you want to stay with Motiv I would go with the Venom Toxin which is a BEAST!