PDA

View Full Version : Columbia 300 Eruption Pro

Bunny
11-10-2013, 01:38 PM
We went to the clinic at Fountain Bowl yesterday. Saw at least six C300 Eruption Pros getting drilled. Pro Shop said that they're already on their 3rd shipment of the eruption pros.

We did see a few guys throwing them at the WSOB but seriously? I didn't realize how many people go out and buy a ball just because they see pros throwing it without any regard for it matching their needs as a bowler. A Dad was in buying two for his twin teenage boys. (Twins, Basil, Twins!)

And that ball really sticks out so you can't miss it. It seemed like they were all over the place! :rolleyes:

mike_thomas93
11-10-2013, 02:47 PM
I think that Track 400A white ball has been a hit lately, as well. I saw quite a few people with at the alley, including a few of my friends. It seems that ball's been an answer to several, as well.

Stormed1
11-10-2013, 11:10 PM
Pretty much the entire Eruption series are great balls. The core from the original Resurgance rolls well for about 98% of the bowlers

mike_thomas93
11-10-2013, 11:51 PM
I bet Chris Barnes has been enjoying that ball. Assuming he's been throwing it quite frequently. :pp And Lucy Sandelin dominated in the Senior Queens with that ball. That certainly brings a statement.

Fabricate
11-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Its funny, My leauge team out of 6 bowlers 3 have a eruption. The storm byte is starting to build up a rep aswell.

Bunny
11-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Lucy Sandelin dominated in the Senior Queens with that ball. That certainly brings a statement.

Saw that on Bowltv. Quite impressive.

Sweet looking ball. I want one. It would fit nicely behind my First Blood and HRP when the lanes are beat up.

mike_thomas93
11-18-2013, 12:41 AM
I think it'll be quite enjoyable to have. Beneficial, too.

CaptainXeroid
01-12-2014, 05:41 PM
I owned a Columbia 300 Piranha when it first came out. When I first saw the Eruption Pro, I thought they had resurrected the fighting fish. My wife tells me they are different...Coral Fire vs Emergency Orange. One of the joys of being color blind I guess. I can't always distinguish similar shades.

Back in the 1990's when I bowled all the time, I knew guys who always had the latest and greatest ball as soon as it came out. They didn't always know how to throw it or more importantly know when NOT to throw it. The same thing goes for drilling techniques. Anyone else remember how many Wine U-Dots were plugged and redrilled 'leverage weight'.

I'd like to hear from anyone who's drilled one as to how it reacts compared with other Eruptions. I'm guessing it finishes stronger than the Blue one and goes longer than the Mass and Disruption. How about compared to the Violent Eruption?

dnhoffman
01-18-2014, 10:46 AM
they look spiffy.. i can't resist new bowling balls, it must be that sparkle finish

Aslan
01-19-2014, 07:20 PM
I haven't seen any Eruption Pros OR 400As.

Actually, I don't think I've ever seen anyone in any leagues I've been in throwing Track balls. I had my eye on a 300A, but I've found Track to be a bit more expensive than other brands. Ebonite as well. I see overwhelming Storm balls with occasional Hammer, Brunswick, DV8, and Motiv thrown in. But, because I play on wood lanes mostly, there's a lot of weaker/less hook balls being used. So maybe thats part of the reason.

I see some Hammer First Bloods and a lot of Storm Tropical Breeze. Some Storm Sync. Some Storm IQ. Overwhemingly Storm though.

YODA
01-21-2014, 04:23 AM
I haven't seen any Eruption Pros OR 400As.

Actually, I don't think I've ever seen anyone in any leagues I've been in throwing Track balls. I had my eye on a 300A, but I've found Track to be a bit more expensive than other brands. Ebonite as well. I see overwhelming Storm balls with occasional Hammer, Brunswick, DV8, and Motiv thrown in. But, because I play on wood lanes mostly, there's a lot of weaker/less hook balls being used. So maybe thats part of the reason.

I see some Hammer First Bloods and a lot of Storm Tropical Breeze. Some Storm Sync. Some Storm IQ. Overwhemingly Storm though.

Yeah storm is the major ball used around my area. I am a dv8 guy myself but I rarely see one in leagues. Like you I do see an occasional hammer or two.

larry mc
02-02-2014, 10:59 PM
i love my eruption pro , great ball when the lanes are drying out , and i love the looks i get from people who think im hooking the lane with a plastic house ball , lol

Aslan
02-03-2014, 01:00 PM
I finally saw someone throwing a Track ball on Friday. FYI.