GRstorm
11-10-2013, 11:21 PM
Hand: Left
Ball Speed: 16-17mph
Ball Weight: 15lbs
PAP: 5 left 7/16 up
Degrees of Tilt: 17
Layout: 4 ½ x 4 ½ x 4 ¼

The Byte is going to be the next great strong pearl ball behind the Anarchy and Virtual Gravity Nano pearl. Storm is always generating new and innovative balls with different motions besides skid-flip, which is what they are known for, but now they went back to the Storm roots and brought out another great skid flip pearl ball! My favorite strong pearl skid-flip was the Anarchy and did not find anything else that was similar to that for a while bu when the Byte came out I believed this was going to be one to replace my old faithful Anarchy.

I drilled the Byte the same as the Anarchy which is pin down, cg out with a hole 1 ½ inches down from my PAP. Only thing I was sceptic about was the weight block which is the G2 core from the Sync which is the solid version of the Byte. After reading the specs on it the weight block is now G2+ which means it is the same block shape BUT the density in the block is lighter which means it is still strong but does not give you the early roll but a longer yet stronger move between the tweaked weight block and the NRG cover stock which is from the Lucid or as me and my friends call it “Lucy”. I drilled the Byte pin down for when I am in the oil and don't want it to get down too long due to my higher ball speed. I still get a clean read through the heads with a strong yet consistent read in the mid lane with a power punch turn on the back end. For a strong pearl it is versatile even for me, because usually strong pearls would give me an inconsistent read on anything less than a high oil volume lane, I am able to use it on most medium conditions.

Storm fans another great high end pearl ball is out and a lot of people who I drilled one up for love it and you will too! Go to your local pro shop and pick up one!
If you have any questions about the Byte email me at garrett.richardson@pinolebowlerssupply.com

Garrett Richardson
Storm/Roto Grip Amateur Staff
Vise Inserts Amateur Staff
Pinole Bowler’s Supply
www.facebook.com/grstorm
www.facebook.com/pinolebowlerssupply
www.stormbowling.com
www.rotogrip.com
www.viseinserts.com

Fabricate
11-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Ive been debating on purchasing a byte. The funny thing is, my main ball and favorite is the anarchy aswell. Thanks for posting this you just sealed the deal for me.