PDA

View Full Version : JAnderson

onefrombills
01-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Bruce Iwrin was so drunk last night and talking about you guys and your national teams.....I have a headache now

Iceman
01-01-2009, 08:15 PM
It must have been in the air, I went to a wood house NYD tournament, the eve before I ran into an old friend and we sat at a BW3's and talked about all the same people at the tournaments, how they would only bowl at certain houses and never come to our house. It got out of control and we ended up having confrontations with a few of them whom came in later that evening. It calmed down thank god. I had to see them in the morning at the tourney.

Glad I didn't speak up, my talk was not backed up today - the wood lanes were definately setup for them. (House Mouse Crankers) The top 5 series (4 game set) were the 5 ppl that came to BW3's the previous evening (All of them played 20 - 25) with a lot of hand. I don't have that much hand anymore. I didn't even make the cut. Started good - was +56 after 2, then caught a pair of lanes in the 3rd game that were so burnt up from 5 - 15, that I couldn't hold pocket. I even tried going into 20, but I didn't have the accuracy to hold pocket there more than a frame or 2. Ended that game with 179. So that dropped me to + 35, the cut at that time was +49. I knew I needed a 215 or better that last game, and drew the end pair lanes of the house. I was doing ok, but everthing fell off the table after 5th frame. Couldn't hit pocket, couldn't get a spare. I must have lost all my strength, as my speed dropped from 16 to 13. I even raised my starting position to level with chest to get more swing - that got it to 14 once. :confused: So I ended +11 and the cut was +59 (top 40).

I started out the day using my hardest ball I had, Ogre, didn't have anything to go to if that wouldn't hold. I knew I wanted to bring my Lane#1 Buzzsaw, that thing has no backend but would have kept me in my comfort zone. Well maybe next time. I know City and State are at wood lane houses for singles/doubles, Teams are at Synthetic houses. This was the first time on wood in 5 years. Kinda tells you I don't get out much from the 2 houses I bowl at. I'll work on that next season. I'm picking up a wood house next year, to get the remembering of the wood sound and aggressive reactions.