PDA

View Full Version : Storm Byte Review By Staffer: Chad Newman

bowlingshopchad
11-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Hand: Right
PAP: 4 5/8" right 1" up
Layout: 4x5x3

I have been using my Storm Byte for about 2 months now. Generally I do not have the biggest need for asymmetrical equipment and don't use them very often. So from a personal standpoint, I was not the most eager to drill this ball. However the Storm Byte has been a very pleasant exception and I have absolutely fallen in love with this ball. The small core changes made to the G2+ core in the Byte from the G2 core in the Sync, plus the addition of the ERG Pearl Reactive coverstock, have made this a must have ball for me.

The Storm Byte is the cleanest High End asymmetrical ball that I have ever used! It stores more energy for backend continuation not just to the pins, but all the way through the pin deck. I have mostly been using this ball on a brunswick lane surface house shot in my Monday night league. I have found it to have great recovery on missed shots to the right, without overbooking, as well as good hold on tugged shots while still being able to knock the two pin down. To make a long story short, I have eliminated the massive over/under of the house shot.

As a Pro Shop operator, I have been drilling several Storm Bytes for my customers. All have have pleasant words to say about this fantastic product. If you are looking for a bowling ball that will retain speed through the front part of the lane, start to make a smooth transition in the middle part of the lane and continue without loosing every on the back end. Then look no farther than the Storm Byte!!!!

Chad Newman
Ballard's Bowling Solutions
Watauga, TX