PDA

View Full Version : My review for the MOTIV Cruel Intent

Motiv Girl
11-22-2013, 12:10 PM
MOTIV Cruel Intent Ball Review
My Information-
Right-handed / Ball Speed-15mph average/ Rev Rate-280-300 rmp’s average
Axis Rotation-45 degrees/Axis Tilt-15 degrees/PAP-5” over and 1” up

Layout of ball tested-70x40@3 3/4” P-2 X-hole/Surface OOB 4000 grit sanded.

Lanes tested on-14 year old Anvilane lanes. With a 42’ blended house shot.

Color-Blue-Green
Coverstock- Fusion Pearl Reactive
Core –Sinister
Factory Finish-4000 grit sanded
Flare Potential-High
RG-2.55 15lbs. Diff.-.053 15lbs. Intermediate Diff-0.18 15 lbs

Opening Thoughts

The Cruel Intent fills the gap in the MOTIV current line-up,rather than overlapping it with another ball in its current line.
The Cruel Intent is just what I expected.An oil ball that performs well in oil and is controllable on the fresher backends,without overreacting when it enters the backends.
What impressed me was the combination of the Sinister core with the Fusion Pearl Reactive coverstock.The combination created a move on the friction that was slightly angular,with a very long continuation to the pins.

MOTIV brings back the popular Sinister core from the 2Cruel ,but wraps it this time with the vastly popular and successful Fusion Pearl Reactive from the Primal Rage and the Tribal.
The Cruel Intent is very clean through the heads,but quickly picks up traction in the midlane,thanks to the Sinister core.The energy that is used in the midlane helps to reduce the overreaction at the backend on fresh patterns.But the Fusion Pearl reactive coverstock does help it make a defined angular move,but with a long continuous move to the pins.
I could send the Cruel Intent wide and create more area,and still get significant recovery,without worrying about it jumping through the nose and leaving a mess to clean up.
The Cruel Intent has an almost unlimited recovery room for error.Sent it wide,and it recovers,tug it into the oil and it holds.
With my slower ball speed and rev rate of between 280-300 rpm’s,I could slow hook the ball around the pattern.Because the Cruel Intent doesn’t reacted fast to the friction down lane.I could maintain my slower speed to the exit point through the breakpoint,and still get the Intent to make it’s heavy and long continuous move to the pins.
On this 42’ blended house shot and lane surface,the Cruel Intent shined on this pattern because of the length of the pattern,and the blend.This helped allow me to control the backends.As long as the oil remained in the head area of the lane,the Cruel Intent could be used,but when the head oil went, the Primal Rage was the ball of choice.
The carry for the Cruel Intent was exceptional on the fresh.I sent numerous messangers to kick out the ten pins.I even rolled out numerous four pins.
The Cruel Intent is a ball the perfectly suits league bowlers with less revs and higher ball speed.The core and cover combination strength create a nice backend movement that’s helps them open up the lanes.

Stormed1
11-24-2013, 10:05 PM
Nice review Angela. Now that I'm back bowling I will be drilling one of these along with a Tribal and a couple Stings.