PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Cruel Intent - Great High RG Pearl Asymmetric!

Mappa
11-22-2013, 03:56 PM
One of my favorite balls of all time was the 2 Cruel. Something about that High RG Asymmetric Core works great for my game. I skew towards rev dominant, (400 Rev Rate, Launch ball speed 18mph). I don’t encounter lane conditions that often that allow me to use a low RG core with a strong cover. Take that great Sinister core, and wrap it with the fantastic pearl cover used for the Primal Rage… Yes, Thank You!

For me, the Cruel Intent is about 2 to 3 boards stronger than the 2 Cruel with that extra move coming on the back end. The Intent is 3 to 4 boards stronger than the Primal Rage, with the biggest difference being evident in the mid-lane, when comparing to that ball.

Here is a link to the ball motion video that I did where I compare the Cruel Intent to several MOTIV balls on the 39 foot Sport Compliant WTBA Seoul Pattern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldOOyXnDM7Q

This ball is suited perfectly for me on Medium to Heavy Oil patterns. With the box finish it has just the right amount of traction in the mid-lane, that allows the ball to pick up just right and drive through the pocket. The biggest thing that stands out for me is the consistency of the carry that I see with the Cruel Intent. I am convinced that I leave fewer 10 pins than any other ball I’ve owned. When the heads get beat up towards the end of a session, I’ll transition to a Primal Rage or Tribal when I need something that’s a little cleaner through the mid-lane.

I think I may have found my new favorite ball. :)

--Kevin Gallagher—
MOTIV Staff

MICHAEL
11-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Nice demo... good looking balls, that seem to have great movement! If your looking for an elderly gentleman to demo your balls, I am available!

Stormed1
11-23-2013, 05:14 PM
As my Friday league has more oil than last year I will be drilling one of these soon along with a couple Sigma Stings