PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket's scores

sprocket
11-26-2013, 06:42 PM
11/18/13 195,235,205 total: 630

sprocket
12-09-2013, 11:10 PM
12/9/13 630 again. 233, 190, 207

I had such a good line. It should have been way higher. I threw some terrible shots and left a few splits.

I haven't posted since 11/18? I'm pretty sure I had 630 last week too.

sprocket
12-31-2013, 09:04 PM
Terrible 585 and 570 the last two weeks. It's my stupid shoe. The one I had fixed because the rubber was coming loose. I had a piece of leather attached to help the shoe slide on the approach when I move my non-slide foot during the slide. At first I thought I liked it but after a couple of practice sessions I'm starting to catch on the lip of the leather and the leather is getting sticky. Forget it; today at work I sanded the leather piece right off. They did glue the sole up nice so I smoothed it out with a buffing wheel. Hopefully that will solve the problem. I don't think I can even practice this week due to a sore ankle from the shoe.

sprocket
01-05-2014, 08:09 PM
Pot games this morning. I averaged about 216 for 9 games but only won one game. There were four of us bowling. I got there late; the other guys bowled 12 games. I struggled at the end which is unusual because usually the shot gets better for me the longer we bowl. I wasn't finding much inside so I moved way out playing the ditch. I started the last game with three strikes but then came up light, then ditched one, then left a 2-8-10. The last two games were in the 180s. I had 745 somewhere in the middle.

sprocket
01-23-2014, 12:08 PM
1/20/14 I had 695 on league with one open which was in the tenth frame of the second game when I flagged the 6-10. Pretty happy other than that. Only two counts less than 9 and one of them was a fast 8.

Also bowled pot games last Sunday and was averaging 238 after 7 games. Ended up over 220 average for 12 games.

Practiced last night after 9pm. All you can bowl and the lanes were pretty tough with dry Heads in the track area and carry down. After one game I found something throwing my Strike Zone end over end. I didn't have any recovery right though, but I three a few games over 220. Then I tried an older asymmetrical particle ball (TPC Player) that I polished. I was able to get lined up throwing the ball from 11 or 12 at the arrows out to about the 5 board. To keep it from hooking early I spotted at 45 ft and made sure to extend towards the 10 pin. I also used much more side roll. I threw the last 8 strikes of my last game and then decided to keep throwing until I missed striking. I ended up with 12 in a row before I went high, then I quit. I was very happy to throw that many strikes in a row on a burned up shot.

sprocket
02-05-2014, 12:12 PM
After 804 last Monday, this Monday I had 648. I can't even remember the exact scores. The lanes were slicker and I really wish I had a new ball. I used a different ball than last week the first game and had 220 something, then I switched to the ball from last week and had 230 something. The last game I made two bad shots and got splits both times. I had one double for 180 something. I had several 9 counts and missed one ten pin.

I bowled way better than my score. If I would have had a ball with more pop I would have had 700 easy. I'm off next week and hope to have a new ball before I bowl again.

MICHAEL
02-05-2014, 01:21 PM
Sounds like me Monday had a 645. 229, 195, and 221. I too missed one ten pin, but did pick up all the others and ONE FIRICKEN 7!!! The reason I missed the 7 had to do with the new Ruckus ball with the pin down. From that point on I used my V.G. Nano for 7 pins after the miss!

It wasn't a bad movement toward the 7, JUST DIFFERENT!! more gradual, rather then snappy!!

I too could have had a 700 easy other then the above mentioned, and a couple senior moments, where I took my eye off my mark!

I swear,,, (((THAT is one of my biggest Problems, FOCUS))))! LOL

I think some Big Scores are going to happen soon with that new DV8 Ruckus, drilled pin down!

Time will tell!!

sprocket
02-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Pin down for me would be a ten pin leaving machine and it would probably roll over the finger holes to boot. Pin right of the ring finger at least 1 1/2" is what I need.