toverbey
12-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Layout:

4 ¾” x 4 ¼” XH P1
54 x 4 ¾” x 73

Test Condition:

Modified House Shot, 39ft
Brunswick Pro Lane surface

The Sinister core makes its return in a big-hooking way within the Cruel Intent. By wrapping Sinister (2.55 RG, .053 Diff) in the successful Fusion Pearl cover (finished at 4000 Abralon), Motiv now has a heavy oil ball that flips on the backend without giving up traction or power. I laid mine out pin down so that I could take advantage of the strength of the coverstock knowing that the asymmetry of the core would still give me a strong, continuous backend reaction. While throwing this ball on the fresh I am a solid 5-3 left of where I throw my Primal Rage. Even in the heavier head and midlane oil this ball finds the friction, revving up before the end of the oil pattern and giving me a more controlled reaction than a typical pearl which might be too jumpy on the backend. Even with that early hook the backend is still very continuous which allows me to get further left than I normally can with a ball of this hook potential. If you’re wanting a ball that bites through heavier volumes of oil, without sacrificing any backend angularity, the Cruel Intent is definitely the ball you should get.

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff
www.motivbowling.com