PDA

View Full Version : Bowling bags, quality question?

zdawg
12-15-2013, 11:20 PM
I currently just have a single KR Strikeforce bag, because they make NFL logo bags (diehard Miami dolphins fan). Is there a difference in their quality over other manufacturers? If so, is there a preferred brand?

I ask because I'm shopping for a new ball, which will bring my total to 2 balls (and 3 if I buy a plastic spare ball at some point), so I'll need a new bag. Just wondering if there is a quality difference, since the other manufacturers don't offer pro sports branding.

dnhoffman
12-16-2013, 08:33 AM
huge difference in quality, not so much in manufacturers as in performance lines.

I'm a huge fan of Storm Rolling Thunder line of bags, if you get a 3 ball one of those it will last you a decade - if you buy something cheaper, well, you'll get what you pay for.

Other manufacturers have good 5/7/10 year warranty bags in their premier lines as well, which I'll be are very comparable.

zdawg
12-16-2013, 01:32 PM
huge difference in quality, not so much in manufacturers as in performance lines.

I'm a huge fan of Storm Rolling Thunder line of bags, if you get a 3 ball one of those it will last you a decade - if you buy something cheaper, well, you'll get what you pay for.

Other manufacturers have good 5/7/10 year warranty bags in their premier lines as well, which I'll be are very comparable.

Cool, thanks for the info now I know what to look for!

e-tank
12-16-2013, 01:55 PM
Gf has a strike force Charger dbl roller and the quality is awesome. I agree with the Hoff on the storm rolling thunder though. In regards to that, you get what you pay for

Aslan
12-16-2013, 05:11 PM
I have an XStrike 2-ball bag and the quality has been disappointing. Recently the metal piece where the shoulder strap attaches has started to rip the fabric...so it's only a matter of time before it rips completely. I shoulda known better...I think it cost like $25.99...but still. It seemed pretty decent quality at first. But yeah, I'd have liked it to last longer than 3 months.

classygranny
12-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Just remember to get BIG wheels - no matter if it's two, three, four or more. Seems like everyone (myself & hubby included) complain about any bag that has smaller wheels. I have an Elite 3 bag roller and I love it. I have to say I researched quite a bit, but was so set on having purple, I may have given up some quality, but so far I am very, very happy with it's endurance.

vdubtx
12-16-2013, 07:07 PM
I have been happy with my Storm Streamline 4 roller bag that I have had for going on 5+ years.
Nothing ripped, cracked or otherwise broken on it. That includes being sent on planes and handled the way we know baggage is handled. :cool:

Stormed1
12-16-2013, 08:25 PM
KRStrikeforce makes high quality bags and they stand behind their products. I have had them warranty bags that were out of warranty because there was a defect. They also make all the bags for brunswick

zdawg
12-16-2013, 09:49 PM
I have an XStrike 2-ball bag and the quality has been disappointing. Recently the metal piece where the shoulder strap attaches has started to rip the fabric...so it's only a matter of time before it rips completely. I shoulda known better...I think it cost like $25.99...but still. It seemed pretty decent quality at first. But yeah, I'd have liked it to last longer than 3 months.

Yeah, that's basically what I'm trying to avoid. Whatever I buy I want to last for a while hopefully.

Hampe
12-17-2013, 08:00 AM
I have been happy with my Storm Streamline 4 roller bag that I have had for going on 5+ years.
Nothing ripped, cracked or otherwise broken on it. That includes being sent on planes and handled the way we know baggage is handled. :cool:
I bought (1-2 year old) streamline 3 ball roller off my dad after he bought a 4 ball roller......It's by far the best of the 3 different roller bags I've used. My buddy swears by the roto grip bags and rollers though. I guess it seems like most of the main brand bags are good enough, I can't remember ever hearing someone complain about them.....just the cheaper budget brands you got to be careful with I guess.

dnhoffman
12-17-2013, 08:47 AM
Bottom line: you get what you pay for.

e-tank
12-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Just remember to get BIG wheels - no matter if it's two, three, four or more. Seems like everyone (myself & hubby included) complain about any bag that has smaller wheels. I have an Elite 3 bag roller and I love it. I have to say I researched quite a bit, but was so set on having purple, I may have given up some quality, but so far I am very, very happy with it's endurance.

agree x10. I got a seismic slim roller with the small wheels and it flips over at least once a trip to the lanes lol