PDA

View Full Version : Contest Dec 16, 2013 to Dec 22, 2013 - Storm Reign On

BowlingBoards.com
12-16-2013, 12:11 AM
We are giving away a Storm Reign On for a random poster from Dec 16, 2013 through Dec 22, 2013.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

bbgamer884
12-16-2013, 06:48 AM
I really would love to win again. BRING IT ON!!!!

STRYKER
12-16-2013, 08:20 AM
i think this ball would compliment my sync well. hope i win so i can try out my theory

sprocket
12-16-2013, 09:31 AM
The only Storm ball I have now is the Tour IQ Pearl but I sure would like to start a little Storm arsenal! I would love to win this ball!

tr33frog
12-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Well, right now I'm on a losing streak, so maybe we can get this turned around, lol. I have wanted to try a storm ball, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

dnhoffman
12-16-2013, 10:32 AM
I think this ball would turn me into bowling Jesus, [insert random I need ball because comment here].

e-tank
12-16-2013, 12:16 PM
i have no reasons why i should win or need this ball

except for the fact that, i really need a new ball cuz my 12 ball roller has a missing space, my friend is in the new market for a med hyrbrid, i wish to reign down 300's upon the lanes, i never win anything, my gf needs a ball to compliment her hyroad pearl, Its winter and thus a season for......storm(s).

Bunny
12-16-2013, 12:18 PM
i have no reasons why i should win or need this ball

Ah. Using reverse psychology, eh?

e-tank
12-16-2013, 01:18 PM

I actually dont need it for me. I have plenty of friends that need one though like my friend that only has heavy oilers in his arsenal -_-

bigjimbo316
12-16-2013, 04:09 PM
Really would like to win this!

Rodneylynn1977
12-16-2013, 04:52 PM
I sure would love this ball...

BadJerk
12-16-2013, 09:26 PM
Need this ball for wet lanes!

Aslan
12-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Really would like to win this!

I would like to second that sentiment. Normally, I hate winning things...but:

A) This ball would look good in my bag.
B) I've never thrown a Storm...I mean, a Reign On before.
C) If I win it I can give it away.
D) I've had to use balls with cracks in them because I'm so poor and in desperate need of a new bowling ball (thats a lie though).
E) Hate this ball and everything about it...but FRAGARENCE!!? Yeah...if it smells...like anything yummy....I MUST OWN IT!!

Screw it...just let Bunny win it. She's on a roll. :rolleyes:

Wait...I think for this post to count as an entry...it must have content deemed worthy of the site...so;

Historical Milestones
According to the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame, a British anthropologist discovered in the 1930s evidence of bowling items in an Egyptian grave. The evidence suggests bowling dates back as far as 3200 BC.
Indoor bowling lanes made their debut in 1840 in New York City
In 1905, the wooden ball loses ground to rubber ones.
Bowling made its television debut in the 1950s.
Automatic pin spotters or pin setters are introduced in 1952, slowly leading to the decline of pin boys.

Aslan
12-17-2013, 12:00 PM
I have plenty of friends

:confused:

I have NO friends...so when I win it...who am I supposed to give it to? DOHT!! Guess I'll just have to keep it.

e-tank
12-17-2013, 03:09 PM
:confused:

I have NO friends...so when I win it...who am I supposed to give it to? DOHT!! Guess I'll just have to keep it.

maybe if you gave someone a ball then you could acquire a friend. Profit?

Aslan
12-17-2013, 05:52 PM
maybe if you gave someone a ball then you could acquire a friend. Profit?

That is true...I could bribe someone into being my friend with a new bowling ball. :confused:

I wonder how many bowling balls it would take for Iceman to be my friend? I wonder if such a number exists?? :confused:

e-tank
12-17-2013, 06:05 PM
That is true...I could bribe someone into being my friend with a new bowling ball. :confused:

I wonder how many bowling balls it would take for Iceman to be my friend? I wonder if such a number exists?? :confused:

Prob a columbia freeze, storm polar ice, hammer cold blood

with those three balls, iceman can evolve into his final form, the abominable snow man

ragstormfan
12-17-2013, 08:50 PM
The Reign series has been around for a while now, and I have not had the honor of throwing one of the balls in it. I would love to change that!

sprocket
12-18-2013, 09:37 AM
If I win this ball I will use it when I bowl the senior PBA event next summer that is held 12 miles from my house. I turn 50 in Feb. You can't use plugged stuff in the PBA which negates almost everything I own. Plus all my stuff is old. I really do intend to bowl this tournament even though I don't stand a snowball's chance in hell of cashing. I am quite poor and can't really afford any new balls. I need to start saving now just to cover the entrant's fee.

There, is that enough of a sob story?

Bunny
12-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Good looking ball! Great weapon for building my Storm arsenal!!

MICHAEL
12-19-2013, 11:15 AM

Ah.... Using Reverse, REVERSE,, psychology!! LOL Huh!! :rolleyes: Everyone is looking for the Psychology that will enable them to win the big PRIZE!! Some use straight, others Reverse, some neutral! :p Iceman never uses psychology and never dated a woman that did! I am not saying that for any psychological reason to increase my odds of winning another ball. NO.... I would never stoop so low! Reverse Psychology is what is destroying the human condition!
But even worse, is REVERSE, REVERSE psychology Bunny!! :rolleyes:

not to be confused with Reverse, Reverse,,,,,,REVERSE!! Almost like anti-matter,,, dangerous stuff!! Should not be toyed with!!
I have SEEN this DESTROY a whole ant village in just seconds!!

Jaescrub
12-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Ha ha ha my wife just asked me if I plan on winning a ball for my self by the end of the year lol. I just looked at her with a blank look and said how should I know! On a side note bad part is I have the money for a new ball now just waiting for it to come out! first things first I'm getting one for my dad ;) just got to have him pick one he likes what would be a good first ball for a 56 yo man?

Bunny
12-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Ha ha ha my wife just asked me if I plan on winning a ball for my self by the end of the year lol. I just looked at her with a blank look and said how should I know! On a side note bad part is I have the money for a new ball now just waiting for it to come out! first things first I'm getting one for my dad ;) just got to have him pick one he likes what would be a good first ball for a 56 yo man?

That's too funny. What ball are you waiting for? My husband said, "Why don't you keep the Deranged for yourself?" "You deserve it."
It's like the Gift of the Maji. I already had requested a 15 pounder.

I was so rooting for you to win the Pyramid package for your Pops. I was thinking about this for him already.
Understated but everything he needs to get started at a great price...

http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-combos/Pyramid/10605/Black-Prime-Package.html

Bunny
12-19-2013, 02:31 PM
Ah.... Using Reverse, REVERSE,, psychology!! LOL Huh!! :rolleyes: Everyone is looking for the Psychology that will enable them to win the big PRIZE!! Some use straight, others Reverse, some neutral! :p Iceman never uses psychology and never dated a woman that did! I am not saying that for any psychological reason to increase my odds of winning another ball. NO.... I would never stoop so low! Reverse Psychology is what is destroying the human condition!
But even worse, is REVERSE, REVERSE psychology Bunny!! :rolleyes:

not to be confused with Reverse, Reverse,,,,,,REVERSE!! Almost like anti-matter,,, dangerous stuff!! Should not be toyed with!!
I have SEEN this DESTROY a whole ant village in just seconds!!

Agreed!! One of my favorite scenes from a movie is from French Kiss. Meg Ryan can't understand why women don't say what they really mean.

"Happy, smile." "Sad, frown."

Seems easy enough!!

Jaescrub
12-19-2013, 03:31 PM
Ya that's the breaks :) at least some one on here won in the end that's really almost as good. I'm going the get the hyper cell we get tons of oil! And the cell was loved by all. Ya that would work but I want to start him on a non "plastic" ball. I think it best to jump in and start right the first time

sprocket
12-19-2013, 08:01 PM
The Pyramid tote I won still sits empty. Except that my cat who is OCD about boxes thinks it's his new home. I would very much like to replace the cat with a ball. I guess he could still stay in there because it holds three balls and he is fat and takes up the space of two. I don't know how much he would like being zipped up in it and taken to the bowling alley.

tccstudent
12-19-2013, 10:12 PM
The Pyramid tote I won still sits empty. Except that my cat who is OCD about boxes thinks it's his new home. I would very much like to replace the cat with a ball. I guess he could still stay in there because it holds three balls and he is fat and takes up the space of two. I don't know how much he would like being zipped up in it and taken to the bowling alley.

Speaking of cats I like mine grilled and served with macaroni and cheese. On another note I mainly throw storm but am shopping for a new bag and am thinking about the hammer 4 ball roller because it is the colors of my favorite college team Go Oklahoma State Cowboys

MICHAEL
12-20-2013, 12:46 AM
I would like to give her this ball! she had a 237 the other day, and a very nice game tonight, could have been a 298!!
We all committed on the fact that she had all what looked like perfect flip into pocket strikes leaving either the 7 or 10 along with a number of strikes...

her score was close to 200, but it she would have carried we figured it would have been a 298! 11 shots right in the pocket,,, the kind you always say,,, "YOU GOT ROBED!! LOL

She is moving up, and her average is now 10 pins higher then the beginning of the season... I believe its in the low 170s now! On all our leagues she is in the top 3 to 5 female bowlers,,, she has had a 247 this year! I enjoy bowing with her very much!! I picked a good one!!!

I have enough balls to keep me busy, and love the Beatdown that I won,,, Had a decent score tonight, 628 we won 3 out of 4 on a roll off against the team in second place, and beat them 3 out of 4! So still in first. One of our bowler had a 728, an another 688.... Joyce had a 528.

Joyce, my wife is a huge part of our victories!!

Jaescrub
12-20-2013, 11:18 AM
OSU :-p. ......... Boomer!!!!

tccstudent
12-20-2013, 11:20 AM
OSU :-p. ......... Boomer!!!!

OU sucks they paid off the refs this year and stole the game

Jaescrub
12-20-2013, 12:38 PM
Now now no need to Bering our bedlam into this ;) I was just messing with you yes I'm an OU fan but I also support all Oklahoma teams what's good for the goose right? Nice seeing more Okies in here ;)

JJStriker
12-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Storm balls are the best. When I first started bowling a few friends recommended my sister and I stay away from the brand but we weren't convinced. I started my collection out with an IQ pearl and my sister has 4 balls. She's improved immensely since she started throwing storm. I'd love to add the Reign On to my arsenal. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

e-tank
12-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Now now no need to Bering our bedlam into this ;) I was just messing with you yes I'm an OU fan but I also support all Oklahoma teams what's good for the goose right? Nice seeing more Okies in here ;)

lol he got real serious

Aslan
12-20-2013, 02:00 PM

If it's not in Michigan...it doesn't matter.

manke
12-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Id love to win a rein on, that might be the key to sucess

Aslan
12-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Id love to win a rein on, that might be the key to sucess

Gotta spell it before ya can win it. It's in the rules.

e-tank
12-20-2013, 02:59 PM
Gotta spell it before ya can win it. It's in the rules.

someones not in the Christmas spirit. Reindeer---> Rein on :D

Aslan
12-20-2013, 05:37 PM
someones not in the Christmas spirit. Reindeer---> Rein on :D

So when you stop ducking me; are you gonna roll the Strom Crotchrod or the RodoTrip D-Flat??

e-tank
12-20-2013, 06:48 PM
So when you stop ducking me; are you gonna roll the Strom Crotchrod or the RodoTrip D-Flat??

Lol is that the best you got?

MICHAEL
12-22-2013, 08:21 AM
sure would make a great New Years eve present for Mrs icewoman!!

circlecity
12-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Just got a 3 ball roller so I have empty space to fill.

got_a_300
12-25-2013, 07:23 PM
As far as I know I guess that I won this ball as I received an
email from a Gail Roe saying I was the winner of the Storm
Reign On bowling ball.

What seemed strange was it said
You have won the Storm Reign On Blood ? bowling ball.

The first time I won a ball on here I just replied in an email but now
you have to call the phone number at bowlingball.com is this correct?

If so then I'm tickled pink as I needed a new ball but was going to have
to wait several months before I could afford to get one so thank you so
very much bowlingboards and bowlingball.com

vdubtx
12-25-2013, 08:02 PM
As far as I know I guess that I won this ball as I received an
email from a Gail Roe saying I was the winner of the Storm
Reign On bowling ball.

What seemed strange was it said
You have won the Storm Reign On Blood ? bowling ball.

The first time I won a ball on here I just replied in an email but now
you have to call the phone number at bowlingball.com is this correct?

If so then I'm tickled pink as I needed a new ball but was going to have
to wait several months before I could afford to get one so thank you so
very much bowlingboards and bowlingball.com
I responded with address to the PM sent from the admin on the site. Ball showed up about 10 days later.

got_a_300
12-25-2013, 10:52 PM
I responded with address to the PM sent from the admin on the site. Ball showed up about 10 days later.

That is what I did back in November of 2011 when I won the first ball I
just responded to the PM from the admin but I've not received a PM on
this one not yet anyway.

dnhoffman
12-25-2013, 11:09 PM

Same here. You did win, I saw it on their Facebook, but that dies sound fishy. Send them a PM on Facebook and ask.