PDA

View Full Version : Help me fill the gap in my arsenal

Pauley
12-23-2013, 09:30 AM
As stated in the title I need some advise filling in a gap in my arsenal.

Current arsenal:
DV8 Endless Nightmare
DV8 Dude
Storm Tropical Breeze
Plastic Spare

I need a ball to fill the gap between the Endless Nightmare and the Dude. Although it is not a requirement, I would like to get a DV8 ball. I just really like the two that I have and would prefer to stay with DV8, but like I said not a deal breaker if not. Here is what I was thinking with my limited knowledge...

DV8 Diva drilled stronger than the Dude, also a stronger surface adjustment
DV8 Brutal Nightmare with a finer grit surface (and polish??)
DV8 Ruckess same as Brutal, finer grit surface (and polish??)
Storm IQ Tour Pearl (I like this ball but guessing it would be too strong to fit between the Endless and Dude
Radical Yeti

I know questions like this can be tough without knowing more about my numbers (that I don't know), but just trying to get a general idea of a ball that would fit right between the Endless and Dude.

Thanks for the help!

e-tank
12-23-2013, 11:55 AM
I think the iq tour pearl would be a good selection and a nice step down from the endless and will go longer than the endless will. If you want to stick with DV8, the diva would be weaker than the iq but still stronger than the dude. You also might want to look at the marauder madness which is similar to the diva. Off the top of my head, from other companies, you could look at the motiv primal rage/scream, roto grip defiant edge, roto grip disturbed, columbia smack down, columbia encounter

Stormed1
12-24-2013, 02:50 PM
In DV8 Brutal Nighmare/Ruckus/Diva with surface
Roto Disturtbed/Deranges
Stroem IQ Tour pearl or solid
Motiv Primal Rage/Sigma Sting/Tribal/Primal Scream
Brunswick Melee w/surface
Columbia Smackdown/Takedown

dnhoffman
12-24-2013, 08:34 PM
Are these all for THS or sport leagues..?

Pauley
12-24-2013, 11:03 PM
Are these all for THS or sport leagues..?

THS for now. Getting ready to start a short season league in Jan for my first league. I plan on doing some tournaments and hopefully and hopefully a sport league next year. I just got started 4 months ago but have gotten my average up to 173, practice games of course since I haven't bowled in a league yet. This type of arsenal might be overkill for now I want to be prepared and know my equipment come tournament/sport league time.

Thanks for all the advice so far, I appreciate it!

Pauley
12-31-2013, 10:43 AM
I ended up getting the Storm IQ Tour Pearl. Will have it in hand on Fri and can't wait!

MICHAEL
12-31-2013, 11:05 AM
I ended up getting the Storm IQ Tour Pearl. Will have it in hand on Fri and can't wait!

Its a great ball, right out of the box! I had my first 300 with the IQ tour Pearl!! First game of league, still warm from the drilling!! GOOD LUCK with it!!!! I would be VERY surprised it you didn't fall in love with the ball!

Pauley
01-01-2014, 08:46 PM
Its a great ball, right out of the box! I had my first 300 with the IQ tour Pearl!! First game of league, still warm from the drilling!! GOOD LUCK with it!!!! I would be VERY surprised it you didn't fall in love with the ball!

Less than 4 months into my bowling career I would love to have my first 300 fresh out of the box!! Regardless I think I will like it. At first I wanted to stay with DV8 but a friend that knows how I am with my hobbies pointed out that DV8 doesn't have that many balls on the market and I will run out of balls to buy if I don't diversify brands :-)

Perrin
01-02-2014, 10:13 AM
Well going into Storm you pretty much guarantee to never run out of balls to buy :)
They also give the option of buying the same'ish ball with different colors/scents pretty often.

you know in case you love a ball but just can't deal with it clashing with your bowling shirt anymore or have a teammate allergic to pomegranate scent :)