PDA

View Full Version : High track vs Low track

MICHAEL
12-26-2013, 10:53 AM
My track is about 1 inch from the thumb hole, so I am a High track bowler. What are the advantages to High vs Low!

Could it be that some Pro bowlers have high, and some low tracks! Hummm I wonder what top notch bowlers have High track vs low??????

I also wonder if some of the pros, change their track depending on the lane conditions???

dnhoffman
12-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Guy who win the Open last weekend is a full roller I believe. Can be anything really.

e-tank
12-26-2013, 11:20 AM
I believe high track bowlers have a more violent snap at the break vs low track. Im sure they have the ability to change it to adjust to varying conditions

sprocket
12-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Mike I think when you say "high" track you are referring to a track with a large diameter. By that definition a high track is determined by the track diameter not by the track position. High track = low tilt; low track = high tilt.

Michael Fagan's track is more than 2" from the thumb and finger holes yet he has very little tilt. His track diameter is large. I track right next to the thumb and finger holes yet have 12 degrees tilt which isn't all that much but is more than you would guess by the track position.

A ball with low tilt is going to be able to burn it's energy more quickly when it hits the dry. It can react more violently but can also run out of steam faster.

Stormed1
12-26-2013, 02:57 PM
At 1"from the holes your track is more of a medium track. O-1"=high track 1-2=medium, 2+=low track

Perrin
12-26-2013, 03:24 PM
I have to agree with Stormed1 on this.

I consider myself high-track because I am within 1/4-1/2 inch and often clip both the fingers and thumb.

I unfortunately also tend to have very low tilt (5 degree range) That combined with high rotation and I have to be careful of over/under. When the ball turns it tends to turn hard and if I get the speed up it can be very easy to throw through the breakpoint.

I've been working on Increasing tilt and reducing rotation to even out my response on-lane.

It has worked to some extent but hasn't change where I track on the ball.

sprocket
12-26-2013, 07:02 PM
Monday on league my track was clipping the hell out of the middle finger and thumb holes and it was really irritating! Two weeks ago during practice I discovered that my ball reaction was much better with less axis rotation and I felt like I was really chasing the ball up my target line nicely with my release. My ball was hitting like a truck. The track, if anything, was further from the holes and I was happy about that. Tonight I am going out to practice and hopefully I will figure out what the hell happened to my release. I know I must be turning the ball early and then hitting up the back of it. Hopefully I will get it figured out because Monday I shot 585 and I'm not very satisfied with that.

striker12
12-26-2013, 08:16 PM
people with a high track have a much stronger snap on back end.

i'm a high track my self and one of my buddy's who has just as much rev as me but throws it slower has a low track and 1 day in league i had to go up the 5 board to get his virtual gravity nano pearl and his other aggressive bowling balls to hit the pocket.

but me i can throw my freeze on the same lanes and stand farther left standing on the 20 board and push out to the 5 board and i sometimes over hook the pocket.

but with a high track vs low track is a low track the ball will rev over the same area alot more times then a high track bowlers because with a high track the ball has to cercul the ball more witch puts less oil on the ball going down the lane compared to a low track.