PDA

View Full Version : New Bowler - Seoul, Korea

Onoku
12-28-2013, 01:50 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Mike and I just recently picked up bowling. Got my own equipment for christmas - shoes, bag and Motiv Venom Toxin. Brought it in to the pro shop and had it drilled; the guy didn't really pay attention to me and was just measuring away. Ball turned out fine, but I am sure it isn't going to hit its potential. The few times that I was able to get it to hook it went straight and long then turned violently at the end. It was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out how to get my release to where it needs to be, so repeating that has been difficult. Anyways, I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I will be scouring the boards for tips.

striker12
12-28-2013, 02:37 PM
welcome to the boards.

it will take some times to get your release right this is my 6th year of bowling and my release and swing has been changing abit this year and last year and right know i got my release perfect and alot more control and accuracy.

but it won't take you that long i was mostly working on my approach and my slid and all that stuff before i did my release and swing.

Onoku
01-01-2014, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Went out again and still having troubles of course, but the base of my thumb is hurting and I am rubbing the left side of my thumbnail.

MICHAEL
01-01-2014, 11:41 PM
Get some bowling tape. The kind that you can put on your thumb,,, I use the vise brand! It comes in I believe four different colors. (different textures and thicknesses). GREAT STUFF! You can get it on line many places, including here on bowlingball.com!