PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick products

jaws1945
01-07-2009, 10:09 AM
There seems to be a lot of guys using the twisted fury line. Has anyone out there been using the Smash Zone?
I am considering buying some new equipment. I am not a power shooter and don't snap hook it like the young guns. Looking for some reviews.

The KingPin
01-28-2009, 10:35 PM
I here you about hooking like the young guys. I am very dull. Yet I have used Brunswick balls and I love my old HPC Zone I believe its called. Its the only ball I have bowled a 300 with.

Iceman
01-30-2009, 02:09 PM
brunswick Smash is very popular like the ebonite gamebreaker in most leagues I bowl in. I'm just one to go outside the arena and use something else. That's why I went to Visionary.

1 guy on our team rolls tweener and uses the smash, has great carry (pin placement is specific above and right to ring finger. He's avg 205 I think - but he has trouble with 10 pins - doesn't use a spare ball, and can't flatten out the smash to get it. But he tries dearly.

Jord_84
01-30-2009, 03:03 PM
but he has trouble with 10 pins - doesn't use a spare ball, and can't flatten out the smash to get it. But he tries dearly.
I didn't know my husband bowled on your league?
lol

I hope he comes across this on my computer, I love busting his chops.

jaws1945
01-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Well, I bought one. I guess time will tell whether or not I can convert 10 pins

Iceman
01-31-2009, 01:38 PM
[quote=Jord_84;5388]I didn't know my husband bowled on your league?
quote]

I'm sure he doesn't - but I'm sure someone elses does and does the same thing :p

This must be a female trait, (no pun intended) I hear them all smacking the spouses on missed spares, bad shots, and pull shots; especially when she is converting hers. It's all fun and games until they start betting.

Have you heard some of the bets spouses make on the lanes? I wonder if any of them actually go through with it...:)

Iceman
01-31-2009, 01:42 PM
Well, I bought one. I guess time will tell whether or not I can convert 10 pins

Ahhh, good luck with that. I'm sure you'll find a way, we always do when p***ion is involved. This is one sport p***ion can make you better - not like golf. :D

jaws1945
02-01-2009, 11:35 AM
I guess I will find out tomorrow. I'm pretty good at 10 pins. I kill it and throw straight at it. I am more concerned with corner pins at the USBC

kev3inp
02-01-2009, 01:30 PM
Oddly enough my wife seems to be able to hook her spare ball almost as much as her strike ball. If she slows down aiming at the 10 it usually misses left. She kills 7's with it though.

Jord_84
02-01-2009, 01:40 PM
[quote=Jord_84;5388]I didn't know my husband bowled on your league?
quote]

I'm sure he doesn't - but I'm sure someone elses does and does the same thing :p

This must be a female trait, (no pun intended) I hear them all smacking the spouses on missed spares, bad shots, and pull shots; especially when she is converting hers. It's all fun and games until they start betting.

Have you heard some of the bets spouses make on the lanes? I wonder if any of them actually go through with it...:)

lol, that smack talk is how we met. We bowled together on the highschool team, and we always gave each other a hard time. We still heckle one another lol.

We don't dare make bets though, we know neither one of us holds up to them lol

Trex
07-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Brunswick bowling balls allow me to score better on a more consistent basis than any ball by any other company period!!

The only ball that I was impressed with as of late was Roto Grip's Original Cell. That ball gave me the highest score's on a more consistent basis than any other ball by any other company!!

Highest average with Brunswick Attitude 3......258
Highest average with Roto Grip Original Cell....267

Sadly....I sold my Cell and they no longer make it, and My Brunswick Attitude 3 was destroyed..... ( ball cracked beyond repair ) and it is also no longer made. :(

The Mayor
08-01-2011, 11:50 AM
I loved the Attitude 3! One of my favorite balls ever!