PDA

View Full Version : ICEMAN is goine to go 5 finger

MICHAEL
01-01-2014, 11:18 AM
I have so many used balls, I have decided to try out drilling a ball for 5 fingers! Does anyone have a good drilling
pattern for this type of idea?

Hey, I love experimenting, and using scientific methods to achieve new levels of unheard of bowling techniques!

Has this been tried before, and failed??? If so, maybe iceman and James can fine tune this dream I had!!

We could call it The: ( Gimmie-Five) drilling style!! James and Iceman, could get a pantient on the system and sell the videio! All profits would be given to good charity, like maybe the Help Aslan find a hot chick foundation! lol

tccstudent
01-01-2014, 11:22 AM
There is a guy here in Tulsa that uses all five fingers. I dont know who it it I have just seen his balls in the proshop.

MICHAEL
01-01-2014, 11:30 AM
There is a guy here in Tulsa that uses all five fingers. I dont know who it it I have just seen his balls in the proshop.

GOOD!! Now that Iceman knows that mere mortals can bowl with the (Give-Me-Five) drilling technique, I will began working on this incredible new grip!!! When I bowl that first 800, I will say,,,,, I did it my way, Give-Me-Five!!!

bowl1820
01-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Has this been tried before, and failed??? If so, maybe iceman and James can fine tune this dream I had!!

Been done, It's was mainly used by people who have problems holding the ball (senior citizens, people with hand problems etc.). Usually the holes are drilled conventional, but sometimes fingertip.

Sometimes it's called the "Claw Grip"( though there is another "claw grip which is something else).

If you want to experiment, forget the 5 holes and try the MOtion hole (a MO hole) on one of your balls.
see video here
http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/13559-quot-MO-quot-tion-Hole-How-To-amp-Demonstration

Stormed1
01-01-2014, 04:55 PM
Also depending on your track you need to keep the placement of your index finger in mind so you don't roll over the hole

sprocket
01-01-2014, 08:33 PM
You're going to roll over the index finger hole unless you position it right next to the middle finger. I can't see the point of that. I can't see any reason to drill a hole for the index finger. That finger needs to be ON the ball not IN the ball. I would recommend against five holes even to experiment because in my mind I can't see how a healthy, strong adult would find any benefit in an index finger hole.

I have a ball with three finger holes and no thumb hole and no weight hole but I didn't end up liking the pinky hole and the ball never rolled very well with that layout.

Aslan
01-01-2014, 08:43 PM
For many years, I threw my Grandpa's old ball that was drilled for 4 fingers. I never knew if the extra hole was for the index or pinky finger. I found it more comfortable than using just 3 holes. But it didn't seem like I was getting many revs out of it…very straight ball. Then again…it was conventional drilled and a urethane ball…so…hard to say.

Has anyone ever had someone use a 4th hole fingertip grip?

When I would use my old urethane ball as a back-up and people saw it most of e would look at it like it was some carnival side show prop and ask if it was legal to have a 4th hole like that. Then they'd usually follow with, "Hey X! Check this out! This ball has a 3rd finger hole!"

Blacksox1
01-01-2014, 10:03 PM
http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads/15868-Would-USBC-endore-Tri-Grip-with-a-pinky-hole-or-is-this-idea-POO

Iceman try this and tell us about it !

The index finger hole would most likely hit the flare/track line and create an awkward roll.

MICHAEL
01-01-2014, 11:29 PM
You're going to roll over the index finger hole unless you position it right next to the middle finger. I can't see the point of that. I can't see any reason to drill a hole for the index finger. That finger needs to be ON the ball not IN the ball. I would recommend against five holes even to experiment because in my mind I can't see how a healthy, strong adult would find any benefit in an index finger hole.

I have a ball with three finger holes and no thumb hole and no weight hole but I didn't end up liking the pinky hole and the ball never rolled very well with that layout.

OK,,, You talked me out of it!! I will do a 4 finger drilling! Its not that I NEED to do it. I just like to experiment!
I am using two 16lb balls now, along with several 15s, and one 14lb!

I am that way, like to experiment try new things, never happy with the way things are, always think I can come up with something even better! Bowling is a new sport for me, so I have a whole variety of things I want to try out!

why would I like to try it out??? Being healthy, and strong as my buddy Superman???? Because I can!! Iceman!

And yes if I would roll over the index finger hole that would not be good tracking.... !

Hey I have some old balls, it doesn't cost that much, I want to play!!! lOL

Perrin
01-02-2014, 10:18 AM
I bowl with a guy that has a pinky hole drilled.
Goes very long with a little snap on the backend.

I've never asked why he has his stuff drilled that way though.

Blacksox1
01-02-2014, 11:19 PM
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy187/BLACKSOX1/IMG_1366_zps51cccd21.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/BLACKSOX1/media/IMG_1366_zps51cccd21.jpg.html)

4 finger drill. Comfy. More revs and hand.

The black and red ball have a 9 inch and 6 inch flare. The one on the right about 3 inch.

Depends on the layout, weigh hole placements and the differential and coverstock surfaces. YMMV

MICHAEL
01-11-2014, 11:26 AM
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy187/BLACKSOX1/IMG_1366_zps51cccd21.jpg (http://s790.photobucket.com/user/BLACKSOX1/media/IMG_1366_zps51cccd21.jpg.html)

4 finger drill. Comfy. More revs and hand.

The black and red ball have a 9 inch and 6 inch flare. The one on the right about 3 inch.

Depends on the layout, weigh hole placements and the differential and coverstock surfaces. YMMV

thanks for the picture,,, I am going to do this JUST FOR THE PURE SCIENCE involved! I want to feel the difference of a ball leaving my hand with 4 fingers launching it down the lift off pad!!!! LOL I will talk to my drilling buddy James, that I will beat in Madden Football this coming week!!! I doubt he has ever drilled a ball that way, but he is brilliant, I am sure
we can figure it out!!