PDA

View Full Version : Ordered new ball

Mudpuppy
01-03-2014, 05:00 PM
I should have my new ball - Hammer First Blood - by Tuesday when my league starts back up after the holiday break. Really looking forward to throwing it. Going tonight to verify my measurements since I haven't got a new ball in 5+ years.

tccstudent
01-03-2014, 05:05 PM
5 + years yeah I think its about time. Hope you enjoy it and hope it works well for ya.

Mudpuppy
01-03-2014, 05:06 PM
thanks

vdubtx
01-03-2014, 05:38 PM
It will be like night and day from your 5+ year old balls for you. I know it was for me when I got my First Blood last March.

MICHAEL
01-04-2014, 12:40 AM
let us know how you drilled the ball, and your thoughts? Think of how much gas that would purchase for the motorcycle/snowmobile!! LOL Are you getting some of that snow up there?

Mudpuppy
01-08-2014, 10:42 AM
Lots and lots of snow. Got about 2' or more in the last month. Latest storm was about 12". And then right after the snow before anyone could even dig out the temperature got to -20 real temperature with windchill of -50. Finally today it is warming up to 17. Hasn't slow me down one bit though. Just keep on trucking. I like the extreme temperatures. Got some new Rocky Mountain Stalker boots and tested them out - work very well even in -20 conditions. And they are even good in warmer temps like I am wearing them now inside work and my feet don't sweat. Good multiple purpose boots and good chance to test them at an extreme condition.

But in the bad news my new ball was delayed because it got so bad that even UPS and USPS could not deliver - which almost never happens. So I threw my old ball last night and I will pick the new ball up tomorrow or Friday. Might go out of character and throw a couple of practice games with it this weekend. I typically don't like open bowling or practice but my son wants to bowl with me so I guess I can try it out. I got it drilled like I normally do - as radical as is legal but I made 2 changes this time - 1 I requested (thumb slug) and the 2nd the pro shop guy suggested - pin up for more backend since I am bowling on full synthetic lanes. Should be pretty wicked.

I brought him the info from the website on the Bill Hall Tri-Grip. He said based on how I bowl it wouldn't be conducive to my style but he might use it for some other people that come to the shop.