PDA

View Full Version : (Junior bowlers Tour) Touring players championship

Washington boy
08-08-2008, 12:51 AM
This is a scratch and handicap tournament.You have to qualify for this tournament. Its very hard when you bowl handicap and you only have 16 pins of handicap like me. I think there was about 250 or more kids there for handicap. This is for the Pacific Northwest region. There are other regions like So cal, Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada. The guy that runs it is great his name Jeff Hemmer of Arizona. Its an interesting format. You have to bowl 5 games then they make a cut, then if you make that cut you have to bowl 3 more games, Then they cut to the top 5 in each division and do step ladder. It is a very fun tournament. But dont bowl handicap if you have less than 20 pins of handicap. I bowled in the Touring Players Championship which is in Las vegas, Nevada. I had 16 pins of handicap which is not much there is kids with 70 pins of handicap and they are averaging over 150 I still placed 10th out of about 250 kids. The kid that won the tournament had about 75 pins of handicap and shot 250 without handicap. So he shot 325 with handicap. But next year i am going scratch. Junior bowlers tour has a website at Bowljbt.com. :)