PDA

View Full Version : Need new spare ball. Urethane questions

circlecity
01-06-2014, 10:29 AM
I need to get a new 15lb spare ball. I was just going to get the usual poly/plastic ball but read a post about using a urethane ball for that.

So, my question is what urethane ball to get and what are the differences between regular urethane, hybrid urethane, and urethane pearl?

dnhoffman
01-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Good spare ball recommendation: Storm Polar Ice.

I

circlecity
01-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Good spare ball recommendation: Storm Polar Ice.

I Is this the solid blue/green one? There are 2 other models a hybrid and a pearl but don't know the differences.

J Anderson
01-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Is this the solid blue/green one? There are 2 other models a hybrid and a pearl but don't know the differences.

This is the ball Hoffman is talking about:
http://www.stormbowling.com/products/balls/polariceblackblue

The Blue/Orange & Red/Silver Mix balls seem to have identical specs to the Polar Ice ball if you don't like the black/blue color combination.

The Ice Storm, a black silver ball is polyester.

Any thing that storm makes with a hybrid or pearl cover would not have the pancake core, and in my opinion would not be as useful as a spare ball.

dnhoffman
01-06-2014, 02:40 PM
This is the ball Hoffman is talking about:
http://www.stormbowling.com/products/balls/polariceblackblue

The Blue/Orange & Red/Silver Mix balls seem to have identical specs to the Polar Ice ball if you don't like the black/blue color combination.

The Ice Storm, a black silver ball is polyester.

Any thing that storm makes with a hybrid or pearl cover would not have the pancake core, and in my opinion would not be as useful as a spare ball.

That's it!

circlecity
01-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks.. that black and blue is a hybrid but am leaning towards it.

e-tank
01-06-2014, 03:56 PM
i use the avalanche urethane pearl. Its beast on anything medium to dry for me. No problem shooting 10s even if i decide to rev it vs flattening hand out.

Btw reg vs hybrid vs pearl is the same characteristics as it would be on a resin. A reg will read sooner and will be smoother, hybrid wont really overreact to anything, and pearl will be longer and more angular.