PDA

View Full Version : Bowling tape/tool kit?

zdawg
01-12-2014, 01:16 AM
So some guy in my league last night helped me out with some tape for my ball, and he had some kind of kit with a bunch of stuff including a tool that assisted with placing the tape in the ball. Does bowlingball.com sell such a tool kit? I'm asking because I'm about to pull the trigger on a new bag, and figure I might as well add a bowling "toolkit" if they sell one. If you know, please advise?

bowl1820
01-12-2014, 08:10 AM
Try the bowlingball.com search function.

Lets see Master makes one
was it one like this
Master Pro Tool Kit
http://images.bowling.com/main/1388.jpg
Master Tape Insert Tool (These are usually way over priced on line, I bought at the lanes for a $1.50)
http://images.bowling.com/main/4301.jpg

zdawg
01-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Thank you sir, for some reason when I tried to search for tool kit or tool it wasn't returning the proper results

dnhoffman
01-14-2014, 07:49 AM
a pocket knife works well too.

Geneo2u
01-14-2014, 08:31 AM
Looks like a lot of extra stuff you may never use, All i carry is thumb tape, rosin and a pocket knife..

DLP
01-14-2014, 09:23 AM
Sandpaper. Hands down - 100% fine grit sandpaper! Thumb hole edges, be gone!

I usually walk into my Pro shop and borrow his bevel tool and file to do fine tuning on my thumb hole.

My "bowling kit" includes a few different types of tape (personal preference stuff here - have some blue, purple, and green / white 3/4" and 1" and black 3/4"), a tape insert tool, fingernail clippers, super glue (never know when an insert is going to go flying), a pen (also good for fishing out tape stuck at the bottom of the thumb hole), a small pair of scissors, beige tape on a roll, liquid skin, rosin ball, Easy Slide, grip cream, a pocket knife, and band-aids.

I also keep a small print out of my ball maintenance schedule that I track games on.

JoeInPI
02-19-2015, 09:51 PM
Donna- you forgot the lighter. My fondest memories of my coach growing up were when he lit my 10-year-old thumb on fire to cure the old Blue and Yellow box'd Robby's white fabric/liquid skin patches. lol!