PDA

View Full Version : Bowled on Kegel patterns today first time

circlecity
01-12-2014, 02:47 PM
I went to watch a local scratch tournament today to see how local bowlers did on this. they were bowling 5 games moving a pair after each game. The first game I saw a lot of guys missing the pocket and a lot of spares. Did see a 300 shot in first game as well. The first cut was EVEN to make it for next round.

So I bowled on the open lanes a couple games and then saw why they were missing the pocket on some shots. The oil pattern was 45 feet down and anything out by the gutter didn't come back at all. I bowled close to 200 but could see how accuracy would be the key on this pattern. I was using a Roto Grip Wrecker that probably wasn't the best choice for the pattern. My Hyper Cell is still in the box undrilled right now. ;(

anyway it was a nice experience on sport patterns without paying the $100 entry fee for the tourney.

circlecity
01-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Here is a link to the pattern I was on the Kegel Challenge Series - ROUTE 66

http://www.kegel.net/V3/PatternLibraryPattern.aspx?ID=601

mc_runner
01-13-2014, 12:57 PM
I've only bowled on a few sport patterns, but rt 66 was the hardest of those for me personally, especially on fresh oil. At the time I was averaging around 175-180 and struggled to 150 on all 3 games.

circlecity
01-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Yeah not easy for sure but I think this is where having a mini arsenal comes in play. These guys in the tourney all had ball bags everywhere. The guy who threw the 300 in first game struggled on next pair over so moving each game I think is harder then the pattern.

e-tank
01-13-2014, 03:47 PM
still waiting for my chance to bowl on something other than ths. Itd be a good test of my accuracy