PDA

View Full Version : Contest Jan 13, 2014 to Jan 19, 2014 - Brunswick Melee

BowlingBoards.com
01-13-2014, 12:06 AM
We are giving away a Brunswick Melee for a random poster from Jan 13, 2014 through Jan 19, 2014.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

vdubtx
01-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Good luck all!

ragstormfan
01-13-2014, 12:06 PM
This ball looks good. "Red Ball at Five"!!!!

Aslan
01-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Red is my favorite color. I really need.... oh nevermind.

I'll just say I want to win it and save the time.

bbgamer884
01-13-2014, 12:16 PM
I want to pair up my Beatdown with a Melee. I really would love to win here again, that made me the happiest person alive when my 3 year drought had ended. Too bad I just bought a new ball, but from what someone had told me, 900 global really sucks and it will split in half after a couple games. I find that hard to believe. I have already bowed 4 games in the 200s with my 900 Global Wisdom and it is really out performing all of my balls I currently have.

bigjimbo316
01-13-2014, 02:41 PM
Been needing a new ball for a while. Need something fresh to help bring up my average from 182 towards my goal of 190 before the season ends in May.

tccstudent
01-13-2014, 02:54 PM
Red is my favorite color. I really need.... oh nevermind.

I'll just say I want to win it and save the time.
I bought a ball based on color once it was like throwing 250 in the trash After getting it drilled I did not like it at all and had a hard time even giving it away. It was the Big Curve from Lane 1
My advice is dont ever even look at the color of a ball until you look at everything else.

sprocket
01-13-2014, 03:04 PM
Another day, another Melee and I need a Melee in a week and a day. Lay.

Aslan
01-13-2014, 04:14 PM
I bought a ball based on color once it was like throwing 250 in the trash After getting it drilled I did not like it at all and had a hard time even giving it away. It was the Big Curve from Lane 1
My advice is dont ever even look at the color of a ball until you look at everything else.

Red is only my favorite color right now because the ball is red and I want to win it. If the ball were green...my favorite color would be green.

Trust me...color is ranked somewhere just above "smell" as a reason for me to buy a ball. I own a Frantic and it's probably the worst color combination I could ever have chosen (green/orange). But, I didn't choose it for the color.

Rhoads
01-14-2014, 10:34 PM
I want to win it

cdvon
01-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Please

I recently won a ball from another site and donated it to be raffled off to help one of our youth bowlers who was diagoned with cancer. Another one would help greatly.

Kent Dushane
01-15-2014, 11:00 AM
this ball looks to be one of the hottest balls for most house shots

Bunny
01-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Heard good things about the Melee.

sara2117
01-15-2014, 01:37 PM
I've heard about this ball a lot. Me and some friends at league were all trying to figure out how to pronounce it. Needless to say I don't think we say it right now. It's a very attractive ball, all red? Pretty awesome. My first reactive ball was a Brunswick until I started bowling with Storm/Roto Grip.

JJStriker
01-15-2014, 01:40 PM
I didn't know how to pronounce it either until I heard it on the PBA. Before I was pronouncing it Mele.

tccstudent
01-15-2014, 02:27 PM
I didn't know how to pronounce it either until I heard it on the PBA. Before I was pronouncing it Mele.

I think it is pronounced like MAY Lay

JJStriker
01-15-2014, 06:51 PM
I think it is pronounced like MAY Lay
I wonder where they come up with these names? Hey if it works I don't care what they name a ball.

tccstudent
01-15-2014, 10:44 PM
I wonder where they come up with these names? Hey if it works I don't care what they name a ball.

That sounds like a good job for me I would love to have a job where I just come up with crazy names for bowling balls Where can I apply to fill this position

YODA
01-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Good luck to everyone ;)

tccstudent
01-17-2014, 03:00 PM
What does no one want this ball there is not very much action on this thread.

Aslan
01-17-2014, 06:01 PM
What does no one want this ball there is not very much action on this thread.

It's not about how many random times you post in here about how bad you want the ball or how you've always wanted to try it or how it'll fit in your ARSEnal or the color or your favorite color...or how close it is to your birthday. 70% of the time it's douche trailer from Facebook or someone that posted on this site once back in October.

If winning balls was based on pure VOLUME of posts (action)...Iceman would have to put a second story on his house and I'd have more bowling balls than I have charisma. And it isn't "content" or Bowl1820 would just keep all the balls since his posts tend to be the most informed.

I just figure the site administrator gets really high on weed and goes through the posts or Facebook and the first one that has a word that reminds him of his pet lizard or his bean bag chair ...thats the winner.

tccstudent
01-17-2014, 07:18 PM
They use a random number generator to pick the winner some the more posts you have the better your chances.

MICHAEL
01-17-2014, 11:10 PM
They use a random number generator to pick the winner some the more posts you have the better your chances.

Yes,,,,lOL,,, I bet they do!!! Hey,,, I have some beach front property here in Kansas City,,, and for YOU,,, let's just say a real deal! Bowlingboard.com has every right to choose who ever they want, and I am sure they do!

The only reason they don't choose you Aslan, its because your evil!! Go to a Catholic priest, and have the demons exorcised!! It's only $50 bucks, and worth every penny I am told! Also after the exorcism, wash your mouth out with Lava Soap, and then gargle Listerine, for 30 seconds! YOU WILL BE Born Again, and then pure enough to maybe win a (RANDOM) drawing!!

I know Two and a half other bowlers that did this protocol, and they won a ball within a few weeks!!

Cart3r27
01-17-2014, 11:21 PM
Good luck yall

GoodGravy
01-18-2014, 11:55 AM
I have a team mate that would love to have this ball....

Aslan
01-19-2014, 07:27 PM

Are you sure? If Facebook only counts as 1-3 (like, suggest to friends, etc…) and a post here counts as "1"…then the Facebook folks would be at an EXTREME disadvantage. Yet they win about half the time or more.

And if each "post" counts as 1…and I average over 8 posts a day…as does Iceman I'm sure…it would seem like the more active users would win often. The last few people that one it from the forum were tic, Bunny, another guy, and Sara. Sara at the time had 10 posts total. The one guy that won it hadn't posted on the site more than 2-6 times since October. And tcc is relatively new. So it doesn't add up that each post counts as one entry. I think "activity" on the forum counts as "one" and then you can get 1-3 entries on Facebook. But thats just a guess based on who have won. Only the site knows exactly how they do it.

tccstudent
01-19-2014, 08:11 PM
this is a question and answer posted on the facebook page
I went through and removed the persons name even though you can all find it if you wanted to

Hi, bowlingboards. ###### here. I was just wanting to ask a question: I know I am not able to, but would it be possible if I can have my username switched, or would you be able to switch it for me? I feel like it doesn't seem attractive enough to even have a chance at winning a ball someday. It's #######. What do you think about it? Hope someone replies back and give an opinion about my username

Bowling Boards ####, currently it is not possible to change a user name through our VBulletin forum on bowlingboards.com. Your user name has nothing to do with winning the ball. We use RNG (random number generators) to pick a winner. Your user name is not relevant in winning.

Aslan
01-19-2014, 10:33 PM
Seems odd. They also have a rule about the posts not being without "content" yet a RNG wouldn't be able to determine the quality of the posts. Thus, I assumed that at some point in the process whomever governs it would check to ensure that if a person won for a post in the forums…the post the RNG "picked" had some acceptable level of content. Otherwise…me and Iceman could just compare poo stains on our underpants 1000 times a month and have quite the bowling ball collection!!

tccstudent
01-19-2014, 10:38 PM
well they do maintain the right to redraw I dont think they are gonna let the same person win several times real close togather

Aslan
01-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Hope you're right man. I'm averaging over 8 posts a day so that bodes well for good ole Aslan to get a nice new ball one of these days!

Most of the balls they do in the give-aways I'm not like "super stoked" over…but the Hy Road and the Deranged….I REALLY wanted those 2.

YODA
01-20-2014, 07:35 AM
I dont post here to win balls, although it is a nice thing that they do that does keep me coming here :) I would love to win a ball someday, and hope that I do :) Until then I say good luck to everyone and whoever wins, I hope they enjoy their ball:)

vdubtx
01-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Congrats to Mudpuppy!!

bowl1820
01-20-2014, 01:33 PM
Congrats on the win Mudpuppy!!

Mudpuppy
01-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Thanks. Checked out the specs and this ball is a perfect compliment to my arsenal.

Jaescrub
01-20-2014, 02:32 PM
Grats to you one the win bro!

tccstudent
01-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Way to go Mudpuppy

Aslan
01-20-2014, 11:43 PM
Does a guy who gets to live in the great state of Michigan not already have everything he could ever want?

I tell ya…the rich just keep getting richer!!

YODA
01-21-2014, 04:04 AM
Congrats to the winner :)

Mudpuppy
01-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Does a guy who gets to live in the great state of Michigan not already have everything he could ever want?

I tell ya…the rich just keep getting richer!!

No. I wish my good friend Aslan would move back home. Then the stars would align and all would be right with the world. We could rule the world. Or at least **** a lot of people off.

Thanks Yoda.

Talked to my pro shop guy on fb last night and he is sharpening the drill bits as we speak. Should be able to have it drilled to try out this weekend or worst case next Tuesday.

tccstudent
01-21-2014, 09:42 AM
Talked to my pro shop guy on fb last night and he is sharpening the drill bits as we speak. Should be able to have it drilled to try out this weekend or worst case next Tuesday.

How do you know you are gonna receive it that quick.

Mudpuppy
01-21-2014, 11:27 AM
How do you know you are gonna receive it that quick.

Because I have a tracking number ;)

tccstudent
01-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Wonder if they forgot to ship my reign on from last week I havent gotten a email saying its shipped

Mudpuppy
01-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Wonder if they forgot to ship my reign on from last week I havent gotten a email saying its shipped

PM them - they responded instantly when I responded to their original message I won. I was surprised how quick they responded and shipped the ball. Really cool.

tccstudent
01-21-2014, 10:35 PM
I sent one this afternoon i dont have a reply yet.

Mudpuppy
01-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Got my ball yesterday - taking it to get it drilled today. Booyah. Looking forward to rolling it down the lane a few hundred times.

tccstudent
01-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Sweet yeah I just dropped mine off at the proshop I will pick it up on Tuesday it may or may not be ready right now.
Hope both our balls roll good for us

Mudpuppy
01-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Well I went to the pro shop at lunch and he drilled it for me on the spot. 15 minutes later I walked out with it drilled. Now that is what I call service. That's why I drive 20 minutes to see him. I will be throwing the ball tomorrow. He knew immediately how I wanted it drilled to be my second ball to the First Blood.