PDA

View Full Version : WHAT HAPPENED, Dosen't Made in AMERICA Mean anything, any MORE???

MICHAEL
01-13-2014, 08:41 AM
http://news.pba.com/post/2014/01/12/Yuya-Katoh-Upsets-Field-to-Win-Round1-Japan-Cup-End-25-Year-Home-Country-Title-Drought.aspx

I watch this on my dvr that taped it yesterday! ONE by ONE, they went down to the Japanese armatures, to have a final round of two Japanese, (unheard of since 1988)!! (((they beat all our pros, including some European bowlers

What happen to the Americans bowlers?? Is this the beginning of the end of American dominance in the world of bowling. Is their equipment BETTER then ours, or could it be something more sinister!!!

Because of the nuclear reactor leak, could they be morphing into Godzilla Bowlers!! Congrats to the two winners!!! It was fun to watch!

sprocket
01-13-2014, 09:32 AM
I'll tell you what, the guy that won had a GREAT ball reaction. His ball was reading the lane just right and also had the right amount of punch at the pocket to carry light hits from inside. Whoever drilled his stuff knew what they were doing. Of course he executed well too but I still think he had a look no one else had and his ball had a lot to do with it.

RobLV1
01-13-2014, 11:21 AM
What happened to a large degree was that three power players; Rash, Tackett, and Watanabe all missed single pin spares that contributed to each of their downfalls. It shows that spare shooting is still important in determining who wins. League bowlers take note!

MICHAEL
01-13-2014, 11:33 AM
What happened to a large degree was that three power players; Rash, Tackett, and Watanabe all missed single pin spares that contributed to each of their downfalls. It shows that spare shooting is still important in determining who wins. League bowlers take note!

Yes they did miss single pin spares, but the big picture to me is that they all got beat, and the Japanese were even that close! It would be like the BEST NFL playing Japan's NFL,,,, ( if they had one lol) WE WOULD BE EXPECTED to win! Not since 1988 has Japan won.

It looks to me with ALL THE HIGH rollers we had at this event, (many not even making it to the final bowl-offs) that Japan's Sun is rising!

I didn't catch what the oil patter was??? Was it a kegel machine that laid it down?

RobLV1
01-13-2014, 12:11 PM
All I know is that they said that it was a 41' pattern, they didn't name it. I don't know what kind of oil machine was used.

Aslan
01-13-2014, 12:12 PM

Finally; something I can agree with 105% from Rob. I missed the show because the place I was at had only NFL playoff games on.

MICHAEL
01-13-2014, 01:01 PM
Finally; something I can agree with 105% from Rob. I missed the show because the place I was at had only NFL playoff games on.

These pro's don't miss single pin spares 99.9 percent of the time. So to say, it was lack of practice, on single spare pickups or even lack of focus that cost the game, I would say hogwash! WE ARE HUMAN, and because we ARE human, no one is perfect on even single pin pick ups! (((They were focused I am sure, they just missed at a critical moment that cannot be given back))

Now as for us, league bowlers, YES!! VERY IMPORTANT

My point was this: they didn't lose because of a frame! More strikes would have made a huge difference! I do wonder about the pattern, and machine that laid it down just out of curiosity?

The reason they lost, was not as simple as saying, "They missed that single pin",,,, If they would have had stronger games, with more consecutive strikes, the game would have been theirs!

WE JUST GOT OUR butts kicked by BETTER PLAYERS, ((((THAT DAY!)))) (:)

circlecity
01-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Yes they did miss single pin spares, but the big picture to me is that they all got beat, and the Japanese were even that close! It would be like the BEST NFL playing Japan's NFL,,,, ( if they had one lol) WE WOULD BE EXPECTED to win! Not since 1988 has Japan won.

Eh, bowling is a life sport that anybody can play. Football on the other hand, not so much. Not a real good analogy.

MICHAEL
01-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Eh, bowling is a life sport that anybody can play. Football on the other hand, not so much. Not a real good analogy.

LOL,,, that's what an analogy is...... What is a LIFE sport??? And football is not a life sport,,, what is it a Zombie sport??? I am lost!!!!

circlecity
01-13-2014, 02:00 PM
LOL,,, that's what an analogy is...... What is a LIFE sport??? And football is not a life sport,,, what is it a Zombie sport??? I am lost!!!! A life sport is something you can do for most of your lifetime. golf, bowling, cycling etc.. Football is not a life sport as I don't see any NFL50 leagues

Aslan
01-13-2014, 02:24 PM
A life sport is something you can do for most of your lifetime. golf, bowling, cycling etc.. Football is not a life sport as I don't see any NFL50 leagues

I think bowling is in a class of it's own...along with poker...maybe cycling...maybe beach volleyball...where on any given day, a relatively new player can beat a pro. That is NOT the case for most sports. I don't care how good a baseball player or softball player you are...you cannot hit MLB pitching. And you cannot pitch to MLB hitters. I don't care how great a football player you were in college or high school...the odds are 1 in a million you could walk on to an NFL team and be even average. Hockey....NO chance. Even the BEST hockey players I ever played with couldn't survive a junior league game or an AHL/OHL game much less the NHL. And the NBA? You can be the best YMCA basketball player alive...you'll be lucky to make a basket in an NBA game.

But bowling is about as close to card games as a non-card game can get in that on any given Saturday...a league bowler could outbowl Norm Duke or Pete Weber. THS, sport, USBC, kegel, PBA patterns....doesn't matter. 2-3 bad leaves...that pro could lose. Maybe you'll never beat them more than 50% of the time. Maybe you can't beat them even 10% of the time. But you CAN beat them. At a much higher percentage than beating Kobe one-on-one, out out passing Aaron Rodgers, or blocking N. Suh, or tackling Frank Gore, or hitting a Justin Verlander pitch, or striking out Derek Jeter.

MICHAEL
01-13-2014, 02:27 PM
The reason they lost, was not as simple as saying, "They missed that single pin",,,, If they would have had stronger games, with more consecutive strikes, the game would have been theirs!

WE JUST GOT OUR butts kicked by BETTER PLAYERS, ((((THAT DAY!)))).... that's all I am saying!

sprocket
01-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Tackett missed a single pin and won anyway. Then he left some splits and lost. He threw the ball good but it didn't take much for his ball to either miss the corner or jump high. If both he and his Japanese opponent executed equally well, then his opponent still had the edge due to a superior ball reaction.

MICHAEL
01-13-2014, 04:42 PM
The USA bowling pros, got their butt's WAXED, THAT tournament! Not saying they were beat by better bowlers, just that they weren't the BEST THAT DAY! This happens in many sports, but I was surprised that with the arsenal we had out there, we didn't even make one to the finals!

QUESTION: Do most, or all Japanese bowlers use major Brand Bowling Balls??? Storm, Brunswick ect ect.