PDA

View Full Version : Broke 500

ThongPrincess
01-08-2009, 06:05 AM
While most do not think shooting 500 is a big deal and in the past I wouldn't either. BUT I have really been struggling this season. I started the season with 1 league and before tonight had a 156 average after booking 170 last season. I added a scratch league when a team lost their token female bowler. I am at a 154 and came in with a 173 book. This week I added my 3rd league, the team has been without a bowler most of the season and they are friends of mine.

Sunday, the newest league, we are scheduled on 1 and 2, the most inconsistent pair in the house. I end up 2nd high on the pair with 398 (133-132-133) :o. Monday, Scratch League, I started out well with a 179. Then it all falls apart 132 - 132 (I had to turkey in the 10th to get it:( ).

Tonight, actually last night, we haven't bowled the past 2 weeks because of the holidays. I started with a 175. I am happy. Game 2 I hit into several splits, but still shoot 164. Game 3 I start with 3 opens and figure this is going to be a grind out. I had tried going more outside, around 5 at the arrows. I moved inside to around 12 and spare the next 2 frames, strike, miss a 7 pin, strike, spare, and turkey for a 162 and 501. I haven't shot over 500 in at a month or 2. :eek:

I have been working on my timing and keeping confident through the release. It is getting better. Tonight I felt the timing, arm swing, and release were the most consistent they have been. I need to work on getting back the flat spot in the swing so I'm releasing on the lanes instead of into the lane. Baby steps and keeping positive :cool:

The KingPin
01-24-2009, 02:30 PM
While most do not think shooting 500 is a big deal and in the past I wouldn't either. BUT I have really been struggling this season. I started the season with 1 league and before tonight had a 156 average after booking 170 last season. I added a scratch league when a team lost their token female bowler. I am at a 154 and came in with a 173 book. This week I added my 3rd league, the team has been without a bowler most of the season and they are friends of mine.

Sunday, the newest league, we are scheduled on 1 and 2, the most inconsistent pair in the house. I end up 2nd high on the pair with 398 (133-132-133) :o. Monday, Scratch League, I started out well with a 179. Then it all falls apart 132 - 132 (I had to turkey in the 10th to get it:( ).

Tonight, actually last night, we haven't bowled the past 2 weeks because of the holidays. I started with a 175. I am happy. Game 2 I hit into several splits, but still shoot 164. Game 3 I start with 3 opens and figure this is going to be a grind out. I had tried going more outside, around 5 at the arrows. I moved inside to around 12 and spare the next 2 frames, strike, miss a 7 pin, strike, spare, and turkey for a 162 and 501. I haven't shot over 500 in at a month or 2. :eek:

I have been working on my timing and keeping confident through the release. It is getting better. Tonight I felt the timing, arm swing, and release were the most consistent they have been. I need to work on getting back the flat spot in the swing so I'm releasing on the lanes instead of into the lane. Baby steps and keeping positive :cool:

Great work. do you have any stats we can add to our Honor Roll?

Thanks for the updates

ThongPrincess
01-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Great work. do you have any stats we can add to our Honor Roll?

Thanks for the updates

Nothing from this season, but about 3 years ago shot my career highs - 279 game at PickWick Bowl and 716 at Santa Clarita Lanes. Over the 30+ years of league and tournament bowling I've had my share of 600s and 240 - 260 games.

My only 300 games were no-tap one in last years PBA ProAM at Fountain and the other during the Juniors sweepers. We have a Beat the Coach and everyone bowls No-Tap.

The last year of ABC/WIBC I shot 100 over average - 278 with a 175 sheet average. It was part of the 716 series and I didn't even realize the 100 over until Saturday, the league was a Tuesday night league.

I shot an all spare game a long time ago, I have the patch to prove it :p

The KingPin
01-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Nothing from this season, but about 3 years ago shot my career highs - 279 game at PickWick Bowl and 716 at Santa Clarita Lanes. Over the 30+ years of league and tournament bowling I've had my share of 600s and 240 - 260 games.

My only 300 games were no-tap one in last years PBA ProAM at Fountain and the other during the Juniors sweepers. We have a Beat the Coach and everyone bowls No-Tap.

The last year of ABC/WIBC I shot 100 over average - 278 with a 175 sheet average. It was part of the 716 series and I didn't even realize the 100 over until Saturday, the league was a Tuesday night league.

I shot an all spare game a long time ago, I have the patch to prove it :p

Well the BowlingBoards.com Honor Roll is above achievements that you are proud of. So if we can add your name to any list, please do let us know.

Chris