PDA

View Full Version : Jason Belmonte Google Glass 300 Game

Bunny
01-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Thought this was interesting to see where he's looking/targeting...

http://youtu.be/Wv0f7VDt7j8

Aslan
01-15-2014, 01:13 PM
WTH is a "google glass"?

AM I going to have to google it? Nope...gonna use Bing...see if Bing works to search for a "Google" item.

ETA: Ohhhh...like a go pro fitted to safety glasses. I guess it looks less dorky than a GoPro. Kinda weird watching bowling that way though. You can't see any of his mechanics. Actually, you can't even see who "he" is.

Never heard of "Orange 10-pin". I was thinking maybe it was in Orange, CA. Turns out it's in Austrailia...which explains why I've never heard of it.

Mike White
01-15-2014, 02:00 PM
Thought this was interesting to see where he's looking/targeting...

http://youtu.be/Wv0f7VDt7j8

It shows which way the glasses are pointed, not exactly which way he is looking.

Near the end he appeared to take a little extra time making sure his feet were in the correct place, yet the glasses never showed his feet.

Mudpuppy
01-15-2014, 03:19 PM
that is pretty cool all the same. I didn't know google glass had a video camera. I just thought you could see the internet like a HUD through them.

zdawg
01-15-2014, 03:44 PM
that is pretty cool all the same. I didn't know google glass had a video camera. I just thought you could see the internet like a HUD through them.

Not sure about the exact specs, but I imagine the camera is similar to what you would find on the latest android/google phones. A buddy of mine got to test them out last year through the company he works for, he wasn't huge on them but they are kinda neat in a "step in the right direction" kind of way.

MICHAEL
01-15-2014, 04:09 PM
I think Jason is GREAT for the game of bowling!!!!! He has ventured off in many different directions, trying to get the interest, and enthusiasm back! Two hand, one hand, five fingers, 3 fingers, who cares! The object is to use a bowling ball drilled within the limits of what's legal, and know the pin's down.

He is one of the BEST! And I for one like what he has brought to bowling! LONG LIVE THE Belmonte!!!!

Bunny
01-15-2014, 04:15 PM
Yes. He has inspired so many people. That must be an amazing feeling. :D

tr33frog
01-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Awesome video! It was interesting to see his spot on the lane actually kept moving a little to the right. And wow, I don't know if it is the video or something else, but that ball seems to be zooming down the lane.

Aslan
01-16-2014, 10:17 AM
He is one of the BEST! And I for one like what he has brought to bowling! LONG LIVE THE Belmonte!!!!

I'm going to have to disagree slightly. But, to each their own I guess.

YODA
01-16-2014, 12:51 PM
Google glasses are a amazing item that will be helping alot of people, nice to see Jason showing how it can be used. It was interesting to see how his placement changed throughout the course, although it would have been nice to see his foot placement some of those times, but even that the video was pretty sweet to watch.

sprocket
01-16-2014, 03:04 PM
This kind of reminds of the time that I was arguing that there is no best way or right way to deliver a ball and it would be nice to see videos of pro bowlers where the only thing you could see was the ball traveling down the lane because that's all that matters. Seeing just that you wouldn't be able to decide that one way of delivering the ball was any better than any other except based on the results.

Of course with these glasses you can see more than just the ball on the lane. You can see the entire approach from the bowler's perspective which is very interesting.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe you can favor a particular style over another with this view because you can see how steady the head is and how smooth the approach is.... so scratch what I just said two paragraphs ago. LOL

Pauley
01-16-2014, 06:43 PM
Its interesting seeing that perspective. Makes me feel like I throw it 10mph watching his ball go down the lane from that perspective.