PDA

View Full Version : Hammer 4 ball roller

tccstudent
01-15-2014, 03:05 PM
I know I have mentioned on here a few times I was planning on get this bag. Well I just ordered The orange and black hammer 4 ball roller.

bowl1820
01-15-2014, 03:41 PM
I know I have mentioned on here a few times I was planning on get this bag. Well I just ordered The orange and black hammer 4 ball roller.

Sounds great! post a pic when it gets there.

Bunny
01-15-2014, 04:03 PM
This one? Sweet! http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-bags/Hammer/10941/Premium-4-Ball-Stackable-Roller.html#!prettyPhoto

tccstudent
01-15-2014, 04:37 PM
thats the one

Bunny
01-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Nice!

Now you need a First Blood to match!!

zdawg
01-15-2014, 10:30 PM
I'm curious how it compares to the rolling thunder, specifically the differences between the two. Unfortunately neither the pro shop at my alley or the local bowling supply store regularly stock triple rollers so unfortunately I can't see any of them up close in person (which is one of the reasons I'm dragging me feet on purchasing one).

zdawg
01-16-2014, 12:13 AM
Oops, I just realized you were talking about the 4 ball roller and I'm interested in 3. Also, I just realized that Hammer doesn't offer it in any other color, and having grown up in the DC area I absolutely HATE every sports team from Baltimore so I wouldn't be able to live with an Orioles colored bag :p

Perrin
01-17-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm curious how it compares to the rolling thunder, specifically the differences between the two. Unfortunately neither the pro shop at my alley or the local bowling supply store regularly stock triple rollers so unfortunately I can't see any of them up close in person (which is one of the reasons I'm dragging me feet on purchasing one).

IMO getting the 'deluxe' version of any roller is definitey worth it.

By deluxe I mean the larger wheels and the molded plastic base area.
In my experience the small wheel bags may as well be totes for how good they roll :(

The bags without the molded plastic bases tend to deform over time (put your bag away for the summer and it tips at an angle and when you get it back down the balls now wobble around or the bag tips very easily)

Sorry to take it off topic

TCCstudent when the bag comes in you'll have to give us a first impression then at the end of the season a follo-up review.

YODA
01-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Would love to see a review on it and some pics when it comes in.

tccstudent
01-17-2014, 11:55 PM
The bags without the molded plastic bases tend to deform over time (put your bag away for the summer and it tips at an angle and when you get it back down the balls now wobble around or the bag tips very easily)
TCCstudent when the bag comes in you'll have to give us a first impression then at the end of the season a follo-up review.
End of the season dont you mean the start of summer I bowl year round so there is no packing it up for a few months

Oops, I just realized you were talking about the 4 ball roller and I'm interested in 3. Also, I just realized that Hammer doesn't offer it in any other color, and having grown up in the DC area I absolutely HATE every sports team from Baltimore so I wouldn't be able to live with an Orioles colored bag

It is not a Orioles colored bag it is a OKLAHOMA STATE COWBOYS colored bag

tccstudent
01-18-2014, 11:25 AM
This one? Sweet! http://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-bags/Hammer/10941/Premium-4-Ball-Stackable-Roller.html#!prettyPhoto

Should I be worried if you click on that line now it says
We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Product ID(10941) that was requested is either invalid or has been deactivated because we are out of stock.
I have not had an email saying it has shipped yet.

tccstudent
01-22-2014, 12:18 AM
Well I got the tracking number saying its been shipped it will be here Thursday

Bunny
01-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Whew! All good!! Nice bag!!

tccstudent
01-24-2014, 06:19 PM
Well it arrived today I wasnt home yesterday when they tried to deliver so it took me an extra day to get it.

Initial thoughts
Looks good seems pretty heavy duty. I loaded it up and while the zippers look like they are strong and of good quality. They dont zip open and closed very smooth but after working them back and forth everything seems to be fine.
The shoe compartment will easily a pair of size 15 bowling shoes with a lot of room to spare.
There are plenty of roomy pockets to keeps your took kits and cleaning supplies
.The top main compartment has a thing inside like a cushion that goes around the inside and splits the carrier in between where the balls go. I am not sure I really care for that. I am sure I can take it out. It just seems that it could end up getting in the way when you are packing your ball up for the night.

MICHAEL
02-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Well it arrived today I wasnt home yesterday when they tried to deliver so it took me an extra day to get it.

Initial thoughts
Looks good seems pretty heavy duty. I loaded it up and while the zippers look like they are strong and of good quality. They dont zip open and closed very smooth but after working them back and forth everything seems to be fine.
The shoe compartment will easily a pair of size 15 bowling shoes with a lot of room to spare.
There are plenty of roomy pockets to keeps your took kits and cleaning supplies
.The top main compartment has a thing inside like a cushion that goes around the inside and splits the carrier in between where the balls go. I am not sure I really care for that. I am sure I can take it out. It just seems that it could end up getting in the way when you are packing your ball up for the night.

thanks for the information! YES you can't get one at the present time, ( 4 ball hammer bag)! I called the company and they are in the process of changing over to a NEW supplier. They do have a problem with the handles, and the company rep said they have replacements, so keep your receipt!!
He also went to check while I was on the phone to see if the NEW Handle would hold a single bag made by their company on top of the 4 bagger. And yes it will, (not sure about the original handle), but the replacement will.

their new improved 4 baggers will not be out till June, so said the Rep to me on the phone a couple days ago! (:(

I wish Hammer made a 6 bagger with some added features that Storm doesn't have! Hammer makes a damn good looking bag period!

tccstudent
02-28-2014, 11:33 PM
Iceman
I just had my handle break on my bag so I tried to call bowlingball.com to start the process of getting the replacement handles.
I am wondering do I need to go through bowlingball.com or straight to Hammer.

MICHAEL
02-28-2014, 11:41 PM
I gave them a call a few weeks ago and talked to one of their managers. He said they have replacement handles for the ones that they had problems with. Might save you some time to call them direct! I know they will have the replacement improved models coming out in June! Good LUCK bud!

I found their phone number online!

tccstudent
03-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Ill try tomorrow but I am guessing I will have to wait till Monday.

tccstudent
03-03-2014, 10:56 AM
I cant get anyone at Hammer to pick up the phone.
Bowlingball.com phone is packed and I get anyone on the line either.