PDA

View Full Version : 300 for me..

Geneo2u
01-16-2014, 11:52 AM
300 for me, 783 series, that 800 is still missing...

SouthpawTRK
01-16-2014, 12:17 PM
Congratulations!!!

YODA
01-16-2014, 12:24 PM
Awesome! Congrats man. very nice series also!

tr33frog
01-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Nicely done Geneo2u! Congrats.

MICHAEL
01-16-2014, 01:24 PM
Gene, are you going to be able to get the ring, being it was post bowling? To ME, a 300 is a 300! Will it be posted on Awards.com?
I have only been bowling sanctioned leagues now for 3 years, now, and some things just don't make sense to me!
If you don't get a ring, YOU should purchase one yourself, YOU KNOW YOU DID IT!!! GREAT JOB BUD!!! See you Sunday/Monday!! You had to beat my series by 3 fricken pins!!! 780,,,, and your 783!!! LOL

I know with that Tri-Grip you have been averaging around the 230's!!! When are you going pro???

vdubtx
01-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Gene, are you going to be able to get the ring, being it was post bowling? To ME, a 300 is a 300! Will it be posted on Awards.com?
I have only been bowling sanctioned leagues now for 3 years, now, and some things just don't make sense to me!
If you don't get a ring, YOU should purchase one yourself, YOU KNOW YOU DID IT!!! GREAT JOB BUD!!! See you Sunday/Monday!! You had to beat my series by 3 fricken pins!!! 780,,,, and your 783!!! LOL

I know with that Tri-Grip you have been averaging around the 230's!!! When are you going pro???
First of all, congrats to you Gene!!! :cool:

Per USBC rule 50, if the 300 was bowled while post-bowling, unopposed, it will not count.

Bunny
01-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Nice bowling!!

Mudpuppy
01-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Wow great game and series

Aslan
01-16-2014, 03:57 PM

Per USBC rule 50, if the 300 was bowled while post-bowling, unopposed, it will not count.

I agree with that rule...and I get that it needs to be in a league type of play not pre-bowling or post-bowling or bowling unopposed. But it did make me think a couple weeks ago...2 days after Christmas...and of course the league decides to play that day...and of course more than half the teams didn't show...so we bowled unopposed. And I started off kinda hot...and all I could think was, "Ya know....it'd be JUST my luck if I roll the only 300 game I'll probably EVER roll...and I do it on a night it won't count." And thats the only downside to that rule. I don't mind penalizing players for not showing up when they are supposed to by making a 300 not count...but what if you show up on league night and the other team just doesn't show? Or it's an odd number team league and it's your week to play unopposed? It's not YOUR fault.

josheaton16
01-16-2014, 05:03 PM
I think that rule only applies to pre or post bowling. Because the rest of the league is there they cannot say you cheated. I believe if you post bowl and your opponents post bowl with you then that would also count, since you wouldn't be unopposed.

JaMau24
01-17-2014, 03:55 AM
Great job Gene, Congrats!

Geneo2u
01-17-2014, 08:21 AM
From what i hear i can order a ring from Keepsake, they don't care if i bowled a 300 or not, they will sell it to me. I get why they don't want to count it, it was just me and my partner pushing the oil around so i had the same shot for the whole game... At my age maybe i should order the ring, it may be my last 300... its only money.

Geneo2u
01-17-2014, 08:27 AM
going pro?? silly guy... i would like to bowl in a regional without embarrassing myself though.

circlecity
01-17-2014, 08:58 AM

Per USBC rule 50, if the 300 was bowled while post-bowling, unopposed, it will not count. That seems fair to me for it not counting for USBC. Your not bowling against competition and the lane conditions are not league oiled. Probably less oil. Still a nice score!

vdubtx
01-17-2014, 09:31 AM
I think that rule only applies to pre or post bowling. Because the rest of the league is there they cannot say you cheated. I believe if you post bowl and your opponents post bowl with you then that would also count, since you wouldn't be unopposed.

Correct on both. If you bowl on your regular league night and other team does not show, you have other teams and likely your league officers there as "observers". In my tuesday league, there is 37 teams, so one team is always bowling the blind. The team bowling the blind is always on the pair next to us and a guy threw an 824 series one week. It counted since it was on regular league night.

MICHAEL
01-17-2014, 10:11 AM
James, our driller, and bowling buddy, bowled a 300 yesterday while I was there! He did it in Post bowling for his Sunday league! He had a 792! ALMOST THAT 800!!! James had another one on league last week! That's like two in a few weeks!
Again he uses the Tri-Grip system that he drilled himself!

I believe your 300 ball had the Tri-grip also... correct?

MICHAEL
01-17-2014, 10:16 AM
From what i hear i can order a ring from Keepsake, they don't care if i bowled a 300 or not, they will sell it to me. I get why they don't want to count it, it was just me and my partner pushing the oil around so i had the same shot for the whole game... At my age maybe i should order the ring, it may be my last 300... its only money.

I would order it if I were you Gene, but since you are much younger then ICEMAN, and I had two this last year, I THINK THERE WILL BE MANY more to come!! Age is just a number, I don't let it dictate what I can, or can not do! LOL! I bet you have another one in less then 6 months!!!

circlecity
01-17-2014, 12:19 PM
I would order it if I were you Gene, but since you are much younger then ICEMAN, and I had two this last year, I THINK THERE WILL BE MANY more to come!! Age is just a number, I don't let it dictate what I can, or can not do! LOL! I bet you have another one in less then 6 months!!! That is true. My dad turns 70 in February and has had over 6 300 games in the last 5+ years plus 3 800 series. Member ID: 222-26456

JaMau24
01-17-2014, 08:11 PM
James, our driller, and bowling buddy, bowled a 300 yesterday while I was there! He did it in Post bowling for his Sunday league! He had a 792! ALMOST THAT 800!!! James had another one on league last week! That's like two in a few weeks!

Yeah, and guess who James PRE-bowled against when he bowled that 300/792? Me and my teammate of course! Looks like I'll have to shoot a 300 right back on him on Sunday, or at least have a very big series so hopefully we can win a couple games.

MICHAEL
01-17-2014, 10:23 PM
Yeah, and guess who James PRE-bowled against when he bowled that 300/792? Me and my teammate of course! Looks like I'll have to shoot a 300 right back on him on Sunday, or at least have a very big series so hopefully we can win a couple games.

Dude,,, a very big series is a GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!! LOL You will have to do something you have only done twice, I believe in you LONG 25 years!!! (:) I know how Vegas is voting,,,, but I think you can do it!!

JaMau24
01-18-2014, 01:12 AM
Dude,,, a very big series is a GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!! LOL You will have to do something you have only done twice, I believe in you LONG 25 years!!! (:) I know how Vegas is voting,,,, but I think you can do it!!

Only twice!? What are you referring to? If you're insinuating an 800 series, I've done that 3 times in league, and twice in practice. I mention practice because the two times I did it in practice was when we bowled together on Fridays and there was only 2 of us on the lanes bowling. Just like on Sunday there will only be 3 of us on the pair bowling which makes it easier than my 3 sanctioned 800's on a pair with 10 on there!

So don't count me out yet! I'm at least aiming for a 760+ to give us a chance at winning a couple games

MICHAEL
01-18-2014, 10:20 AM
Only twice!? What are you referring to? If you're insinuating an 800 series, I've done that 3 times in league, and twice in practice. I mention practice because the two times I did it in practice was when we bowled together on Fridays and there was only 2 of us on the lanes bowling. Just like on Sunday there will only be 3 of us on the pair bowling which makes it easier than my 3 sanctioned 800's on a pair with 10 on there!

So don't count me out yet! I'm at least aiming for a 760+ to give us a chance at winning a couple games

THIS WILL be the duel of the weekend!! I know you are capable, but will you bring that game to the lane!?!?
Let me know how it turns out! James had a real strong series! You will have to bring your A+ game to win!

I think Manic, and Iceman are going to pre bowl today! TOO MUCH GOOD football on tomorrow, and I want to see Tom, beat Denver, and that cockey, Pepper-NECK, get his bell rung, and his skinny ask carried off the field! LOL

Don't want him seriously hurt, just carried off the field, and hopefully traded to some Canadian football team!!
His arrogance makes Iceman melt!!

Geneo2u
01-20-2014, 09:39 AM

Yep on the tri-grip.. DV8 Marauder..

Mike White
02-26-2014, 01:12 AM

I know you would be pleased to hear my 300 was also achieved with a Tri-Grip ball.

MICHAEL
02-26-2014, 08:44 AM
I know you would be pleased to hear my 300 was also achieved with a Tri-Grip ball.

DID YOU HEAR THAT Aslan!!??? LOL For the record my fist one was with the standard finger tip lay out, but the second one was with the Tri-Grip!

I know, you know your stuff MIKE, and so does Bruce Postal, and James here in Kansas city! As I have said, Bruce was a touring pro, and wound up drilling for some big names on tour. He and James have had several 300s lately using the Tri-Grip! (most be something to it). Go to face book and check out BP's Pro shop! Bruce and James are Fricken GREAT bowlers!! Any questions you might have on the grip, I am sure Bruce will answer!

I also know The Tri-Grip is not a miracle worker, Aslan, but it is a proven great lgrip! But a grip is only as good as the hand behind it! (:). hang in there bud, If I can roll two 300s, and some high 700s once in a while, then so can YOU! Hey I am 65!!! LOL (but only in years) (:)

Mike White
02-27-2014, 04:21 AM
That is true. My dad turns 70 in February and has had over 6 300 games in the last 5+ years plus 3 800 series. Member ID: 222-26456

The old guy shot 279 - 233 - 279 - 791 on Tuesday (Sweepers) so he "cleaned up"

Mike White
02-27-2014, 11:56 AM

Just being you and your partner on the pair isn't the reason. If it was the other team doing the make up, on league night you and your partner would have been the only two on the pair, and those scores would have counted.

The pre/post bowling rule came about because of Robert Mushtare.

While bowling in the junior program, he submitted having shot 900 3 times.

The first time it was rejected because the league hadn't been properly registered.

The other two after a lot of debate were accepted, but the pre/post unopposed rule was created.

All 3 of Robert's "900" came during pre-bowling while he was not only bowling unopposed, he was the only person bowling.

So the issue is, did he really do it?

Based on some of the other scores he has shot before, and since, I'd say it's quite likely, but it does leave the situation open to abuse.

The rule doesn't completely eliminate the possibility of abuse, but it does require more people be in on any fraud.

I ran into kind of an odd twist on the pre/post bowl recently. The team I was bowling on had to do a post bowl, and another team in the same league was going to do a pre bowl.

We scheduled both together so we bowled on the same pair to even out the pace, just not competing against each other. Oddly enough we are both competing against the same third team.

Technically we satisfied the intent of the rule, but not the exact wording. I don't know if any honor score there would have been recognized.

Mudpuppy
02-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Just being you and your partner on the pair isn't the reason. If it was the other team doing the make up, on league night you and your partner would have been the only two on the pair, and those scores would have counted.

The pre/post bowling rule came about because of Robert Mushtare.

While bowling in the junior program, he submitted having shot 900 3 times.

The first time it was rejected because the league hadn't been properly registered.

The other two after a lot of debate were accepted, but the pre/post unopposed rule was created.

All 3 of Robert's "900" came during pre-bowling while he was not only bowling unopposed, he was the only person bowling.

So the issue is, did he really do it?

Based on some of the other scores he has shot before, and since, I'd say it's quite likely, but it does leave the situation open to abuse.

The rule doesn't completely eliminate the possibility of abuse, but it does require more people be in on any fraud.

I ran into kind of an odd twist on the pre/post bowl recently. The team I was bowling on had to do a post bowl, and another team in the same league was going to do a pre bowl.

We scheduled both together so we bowled on the same pair to even out the pace, just not competing against each other. Oddly enough we are both competing against the same third team.

Technically we satisfied the intent of the rule, but not the exact wording. I don't know if any honor score there would have been recognized.

So I am prebowling next week for my saturday league - if I bowl the first 11 in any game I should just throw the 12th in the gutter? lol