PDA

View Full Version : Contest Jan 20, 2014 to Jan 26, 2014 - Hammer Cold Blood

BowlingBoards.com
01-20-2014, 12:02 AM
We are giving away a Hammer Cold Blood for a random poster from Jan 20, 2014 through Jan 26, 2014.

== General Giveaway Rules

Every post made on BowlingBoards during the dates listed above will be considered an entry. Drawing will be done the first business day following the contest period. Winner will be contacted via email and through BowlingBoards.com.

BowlingBoards is a moderated site and reserves the right to delete any post deemed illegitimate, automatic, or just plain off topic.

The goal of BowlingBoards is to bring more people into our community. Participate in the conversations happening here. And while you are at it, you will be earning entries into our drawing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE! -- We reserve the right to redraw a winner if the winning post is not of quality content. Quality content is at the sole discretion of the BowlingBoards.com administrators. This means that one word posts will not qualify. Repeating what someone else has said does not qualify.

Just participate in the conversation instead of \"trying to win\" a drawing. The more you participate, the better your chances.

bowl1820
01-20-2014, 12:11 AM
A Hammer Cold Blood sounds great to me. A low RG (2.48), High Diff. (.056) nail driver.

http://www.ballreviews.com/Content/Balls/1479.jpg

YODA
01-20-2014, 02:08 AM
Really nice ball for sure. Always been a big fan of hammer balls. Really like the colors of this ball also.

bbgamer884
01-20-2014, 08:14 AM
My friend who has never bowled in his life told me he was a fan of Hammer. Even though he lacks the motivation to try anything new, I want to influence him to try and bowl.

dnhoffman
01-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Wth this ball I would indeed be a cold blooded honkie.

vdubtx
01-20-2014, 11:34 AM
THis would be a nice compliment to my First Blood

MICHAEL
01-20-2014, 01:27 PM
ICEMAN likes!! LOL Good luck everyone!!!

Aslan
01-20-2014, 03:31 PM
Standard post in ball winning threads. Color, need, birthdays, lost mine, mine was stolen, gave all my balls to charity, etc..

Perrin
01-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Standard post in ball winning threads. Color, need, birthdays, lost mine, mine was stolen, gave all my balls to charity, etc..

:) one of these days you're going to win and have to change what you post in the threads. :)

Cart3r27
01-20-2014, 11:37 PM
Love the color on this ball, hopefully it has ton of good reviews!

tccstudent
01-21-2014, 12:22 AM
The ball does match the color of my favorite MLB team KC Royals. Me and my mom was a big George Brett fan.

Aslan
01-21-2014, 12:42 AM
:) one of these days you're going to win and have to change what you post in the threads. :)

Ummm…yeah. Right.

I'm sure given my constant posting over the past 5 months…the random number generator has probably spit out my name once or twice…but I think my username is on the wall, like returned checks at a dry cleaners, and I'm pretty much not gonna win.

I think Bowl1820 is waiting till they give away a Diva Pearl and then "maybe" he lets me win it just so I have to roll a pink ball.

Jokes on him though…cuz not only do I have the Diva Pearl on my wish list…but I have the Lane #1 Pink Panther on my wish list as well. So Woohoo!! Bring it on!!

Jaescrub
01-21-2014, 12:54 AM
I won this ball by getting naked and have it away to a teammate you might just get naked a post a pic you might win like me ;)

Jaescrub
01-21-2014, 12:56 AM
Gave* no edit on iPhone so ya not have it away.

YODA
01-21-2014, 04:10 AM

So you think it is wrong to like the color of a ball? Sorry but I am a big fan of blue and this balls color scheme. I also prefer my spare ball to be black :)

cdvon
01-21-2014, 09:11 AM
please

tccstudent
01-21-2014, 09:19 AM
I won this ball by getting naked and have it away to a teammate you might just get naked a post a pic you might win like me ;)

If it helps I am naked right now but I dont want to take a picture and break my camera.

Jaescrub
01-21-2014, 10:40 AM
I'm just putting it out there it never hurts to try getting naked.

Bunny
01-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Love my First Blood! A Cold Blood would be awesome!! :)

MICHAEL
01-21-2014, 12:18 PM

Been a bad week! Found out today that Cold rash on my bowling arm is terminal! Doctor said I had 30, maybe 40 years to live if I don’t have medical intervention. I can handle those odds!

Yesterday on the way to the bowling alley, I accidently ran over a skunk! It was pregnant, and I stopped to deliver the babies! I no sooner delivered the babies, when an escaped skunk molester came running by dressed like a grandmother and snatched up the defenseless little stinkers! I grabbed my Frantic bowling ball and with a 3 step approach hit the pocket,,,, just below his waste!

Down the thief went, clutching with his last breath the defenseless small baby skunks! It was not a pretty sight, but the baby skunks were unharmed!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/babyskunks_zps2825c5a0.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/babyskunks_zps2825c5a0.jpg.html)

It was Cold Winter day, and as I looked the thief in the eyes, he reached down with his left hand and swiped some of the blood from his left ventricle which was partially exposed!
He then said, as he ran his hand across his lips, “ Good luck Iceman, Hope you win that Cold Blood”

As I stood up half frozen from the experience, a medium sized female skunk came running across the road, and scooped up the traumatized baby skunks, and scurried off to the woods leaving me Stone Cold and feeling empty!
I only hope and pray, that the little farts have a happy life with that nameless mother skunk that risk HER LIFE, running across the road, to not only see if the grass was greener, but along the way picked up an unexpected family!

I doubt I will ever see them again,,,, I know I did the right thing,,, you would have to have COLD BLOOD to have done anything differently!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/skunks2_zpsf8d89b4e.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/skunks2_zpsf8d89b4e.jpg.html)

SOME TIMES life just Stinks!! But a Happy Ending!

Jaescrub
01-21-2014, 12:29 PM
It's kinda funny every time I say the word Naked on here Bunny shows up ha ha ha ;) J/K j/k

Aslan
01-21-2014, 02:14 PM
So you think it is wrong to like the color of a ball? Sorry but I am a big fan of blue and this balls color scheme. I also prefer my spare ball to be black :)

Ummm....I "guess" it's better than wanting it because of the smell.

Also, I think Iceman should drop out of this contest because there's a rumor he cheated to win the last ball. Just sayin.

Perrin
01-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Nothing wrong with liking the color scheme of a ball.

Buying a performance ball becuase it's colors is wrong though IMO
On the other hand if you want a High RG/low Diff ball and you prefer one color over another there is nothing wrong with getting what you like :)

and as far as the Poly spare ball goes get what you like.

I have seen one on P League that I would like to get. basically a black ball with a 1"ish stripe that goes the circumference of the ball so you can see the rotation you put on it.

YODA
01-21-2014, 08:47 PM
Ummm....I "guess" it's better than wanting it because of the smell.

Also, I think Iceman should drop out of this contest because there's a rumor he cheated to win the last ball. Just sayin.

Well the color isnt why I want this ball, but it does help :) I dont mind throwing a pink ball or a ball the color of puke as long as it does the job I want it to do :)

Aslan
01-21-2014, 11:41 PM
or a ball the color of puke

I throw that one. But, on the plus side…smells like oranges and limes so at least it doesn't smell as bad as it looks.

Mudpuppy
01-22-2014, 11:05 AM
what is the official color of puke?

Iceman - that right there is a winning post if I ever did see one. Viva la baby skunks. Good work young man. I lol'd a lot over your creative story.

manke
01-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Has anyone heard anything good about the ball?

sprocket
01-22-2014, 12:03 PM
I would very much like to win this ball. It would make me feel warm and happy inside. I think deep down inside if everyone here was honest, they all want me to win it.

Bunny
01-22-2014, 12:09 PM

I have from a couple of good bowlers.

I don't see a lot of Hammers around OC from some reason. I love my First Blood.

Bunny
01-22-2014, 01:02 PM
It's kinda funny every time I say the word Naked on here Bunny shows up ha ha ha ;) J/K j/k

Lol!! It worked for you!

Did we ever get to see that picture BTW??:o

Aslan
01-22-2014, 01:31 PM
I've heard good things about the color.

Depends on the official color of what you drank or ate that day.

Iceman - that right there is a winning post if I ever did see one. Viva la baby skunks. Good work young man. I lol'd a lot over your creative story.

His doctor said not to encourage him.

Jaescrub
01-22-2014, 01:38 PM
First off yes I think I did post it might not have been here as this place is not smart phone friendly. But I will say it's not something you want to see I'm not as sexy as I once was I think I won by blinding the judges and they hit winner by accident trying to back out ha ha ha

YODA
01-23-2014, 12:20 AM

So I had to look it up :) And yeah I would throw a Ball with this color in it also:)
Vomit Green: (color swatch)

bigjimbo316
01-23-2014, 01:01 PM
I really want to win this. I've been needing a new ball now for some time and Hammer is my first choice. Blue is my favorite color too, so this is a winning combination for me!

Mudpuppy
01-23-2014, 03:23 PM
So I had to look it up :) And yeah I would throw a Ball with this color in it also:)
Vomit Green: (color swatch)

Thank you for the clarification, lol.

tccstudent
01-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Thats the wrong color my puke dont look like that

tr33frog
01-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Thats the wrong color my puke dont look like that

Then you are doing it wrong.

tccstudent
01-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Not possible when I was a young soldier I was a professional at puking. Our motto was drink till you puke then drink some more. So there is no way that I am puking incorrectly. I have had much a lot of experience in the matters of puking over the years. Now I do admit that I havnt puked in quite some time. But over the years I have done more then my fair share of puking. As a matter of fact when I puke I get so into it many times I have busted blood vessels in my face due to the horrifically violent nature of my puking skills.

tr33frog
01-23-2014, 10:02 PM
Not possible when I was a young soldier I was a professional at puking. Our motto was drink till you puke then drink some more. So there is no way that I am puking incorrectly. I have had much a lot of experience in the matters of puking over the years. Now I do admit that I havnt puked in quite some time. But over the years I have done more then my fair share of puking. As a matter of fact when I puke I get so into it many times I have busted blood vessels in my face due to the horrifically violent nature of my puking skills.

LOL! I was joking, but thanks for the life history lesson. Though, it can't be argued that you have lot of expierence, if you are injuring your face I'd say an argument could be made that you are doing it wrong, haha.

tccstudent
01-23-2014, 10:13 PM
LOL! I was joking, but thanks for the life history lesson. Though, it can't be argued that you have lot of expierence, if you are injuring your face I'd say an argument could be made that you are doing it wrong, haha.

Ok then I just went through the course catalog at my college and they do not offer Intro to Puking 101

ragstormfan
01-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Hammer, prove yourself to me!!!!

tccstudent
01-24-2014, 06:10 PM
Well I just got my new hammer 4 ball roller from UPS today and now I realize that I dont have any hammer balls to put in it.

STRYKER
01-24-2014, 09:10 PM
havent used a hammer ball in over 10 years would like to give the new stuff a try

Pauley
01-24-2014, 11:43 PM
I don't see too mamy Hammer balls around here but I have read many good things. I am becoming an equal opportunity bowler so I might just have to order one to find out for myself!

Aslan
01-25-2014, 10:19 PM
I don't see too mamy Hammer balls around here but I have read many good things. I am becoming an equal opportunity bowler so I might just have to order one to find out for myself!

Yeah…it's weird. In the 80s/90s…even early 2000s…Hammer was EVERYWHERE. Now it seems like Storm has taken their place.

circlecity
01-26-2014, 07:52 PM
I had the first hammer out a long time ago but have not thrown one since so it would be nice to get a free one to try..

YODA
01-26-2014, 08:17 PM
Yeah…it's weird. In the 80s/90s…even early 2000s…Hammer was EVERYWHERE. Now it seems like Storm has taken their place.

Yeah, when I started Bowling, Hammer was the thing to have. My whole setup back in like 2001 was Hammer lineup. I agree that Storm has taken their place and is used the most just about everywhere. Although the lanes I currently bowl at, DV8 is picking up steam :)

Mudpuppy
01-27-2014, 02:21 PM
I remember Hammer was really big when the urethane balls came out - everyone bowled Hammer. But now Ebonite, Hammer and Columbia are all the same company so I think it just depends on what they want to promote. A few years ago they promoted Columbia 300 big time. Then Ebonite. Now it seems Hammer is making a come back.

Aslan
01-27-2014, 02:33 PM
I remember Hammer was really big when the urethane balls came out - everyone bowled Hammer. But now Ebonite, Hammer and Columbia are all the same company so I think it just depends on what they want to promote. A few years ago they promoted Columbia 300 big time. Then Ebonite. Now it seems Hammer is making a come back.

I didn't know Columbia, Hammer, and Ebonite are the same company. Isn't Track and Ebonite the same company? And I know Radical and Brunswick are the same company. I'm pretty sure Storm and Rotogrip are the same company. I have no idea about 900Global, AMF, DV8, or Motiv...I just assumed they were their own companies.

Wow. Columbia and Hammer...back in the 80s/90s those seemed like such different companies heading in different directions. Columbia was what the "old timers" threw and Hammer was what the "young guns" threw.

Mudpuppy
01-27-2014, 02:40 PM
I didn't know Columbia, Hammer, and Ebonite are the same company. Isn't Track and Ebonite the same company? And I know Radical and Brunswick are the same company. I have no idea about 900Global, AMF, DV8, Motiv, or Storm...I just assumed they were their own companies.

Wow. Columbia and Hammer...back in the 80s/90s those seemed like such different companies heading in different directions. Columbia was what the "old timers" threw and Hammer was what the "young guns" threw.

Well I knew Hammer and Ebonite were now the same company but I asked my pro shop guy about Columbia because he had a banner up for Columbia 300 (I threw one about 10 years ago) but he had no Columbia balls on the shelf. He said oh I can get them but they are just not that popular and they are owned by Ebonite like Hammer. I think the downturn in the economy caused some of these companies to merge, etc.

Aslan
01-27-2014, 02:42 PM
I agree that Storm has taken their place and is used the most just about everywhere. Although the lanes I currently bowl at, DV8 is picking up steam :)

One way to tell is to look at what balls are being sold on clearance on the web. Some of it has to do with new releases that are coming out...but you can usually guage the most popular bowling ball companies by how many of their balls make it to the clearance rack. Storm/Rotogrip has a huge catalog og bowling balls...rarely make it to clearance. And I've rarely seen DV8 on clearance. That leads me to believe that Storm/Rotogrip and DV8 are quite popular right now.

Aslan
01-27-2014, 02:46 PM
One way to tell is to look at what balls are being sold on clearance on the web. Some of it has to do with new releases that are coming out...but you can usually guage the most popular bowling ball companies by how many of their balls make it to the clearance rack. Storm/Rotogrip has a huge catalog og bowling balls...rarely make it to clearance. And I've rarely seen DV8 on clearance. That leads me to believe that Storm/Rotogrip and DV8 are quite popular right now.

The odd exception is Track. Track tend to rarely get discounted much. Out of all the ball brands...Ebonite and Track seem to always be $10-$20 more expensive than the competition. Yet I never see many Track balls at the lanes. I keep waiting to find the 300A at a bargain price but no luck.

Mudpuppy
01-29-2014, 02:11 PM
Who won this ball?

tccstudent
01-29-2014, 02:52 PM
someone on facebook

Aslan
01-29-2014, 05:08 PM
I'm just glad it wasn't Iceman or Bowl1820 would have quit the website.

bowl1820
01-29-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm just glad it wasn't Iceman or Bowl1820 would have quit the website.

I'd be happy if iceman won a Dude! We both got Beatdowns and I have a Dude on the way. So he needs one too.

Aslan
01-29-2014, 07:44 PM
I hope someday I can be in a bowlingball winning club. :(

YODA
01-30-2014, 07:45 AM
I hope someday I can be in a bowlingball winning club. :(

You and me both :) I just wish some of the people on FB, especially those that win would come here and chat it up with us:) I love this forum, and would love to see more active people here :)