PDA

View Full Version : Back to wearing sandals while bowing, and guess what!

MICHAEL
01-20-2014, 01:22 PM
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/1192014_zps9909a626.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/1192014_zps9909a626.jpg.html)

214, 257, and 225 - 694 almost got a 700 lol Most important we won all 4!! Tom, had a GREAT SERIES: 751....

Both my 300's were while wearing open toe sandals! Due to neuropathy in my toes, much more comfortable!!!!
Too painful wearing enclosed toes! I have been bowling with the Dexter shoes I got a few months ago, but decided that the pain was not worth it! My bowling scores are going up since the change. Now Iceman is bowling Like in biblical Times!

On all the leagues at this AMF, they have me down as Iron Mike. Due to the fact I was an Iron Worker for 30 years. Its my nick name at the lanes.

Mudpuppy
01-20-2014, 02:38 PM
Sandals? Holy cow. Get a picture of this please. How is that legal? Did you retrofit a slide pad on one of them? Most houses I know of require bowling shoes or socks. I always wanted to get super hammered one night and bowl in socks on league night.

sprocket
01-20-2014, 02:59 PM
As long as you're not leaving marks on the approach you can wear whatever you want. There's a few pros who wear tennis shoes on both feet, Jess Stayrook being one of them.

tccstudent
01-20-2014, 03:05 PM
Like normal street sandals? Really the only issue I see with a house or other members of a league having is if you are wearing the sandals outside and tracking crap on the approaches but if you kept a pair in your bag and only wore them for bowling then there would not be any type of problem.
I have seen someone wear a slide shoe on one foot and a tennis shoe on the other the reason he did this was to give him more power on his push off.

Perrin
01-20-2014, 03:08 PM
I believe he has said in the past that the sandals are only used for bowling. so no outside use to bring stuff on the approaches.

MICHAEL
01-20-2014, 04:51 PM
I have never had a problem around here using a dedicated pair that I keep in my bowling bag. They are open toe and feel great while bowling! Other wise I get a burning sensation and that's not COOL,,, Iceman doesn't like that kind of pain. Its getting better, I am working on it, but at this point its just 1000 percent more comfortable bowing in sandals.

I will maybe take a picture of me bowling in them tonight... or film it! I don't slide! I can when I wear the bowling shoes, but seem to bowl much better when I don't!

I have even gotten approval do to medical reasons to bowl several different tournaments, in them also. They don't make marks, and make bowling a much more enjoyable experience for Iceman!! (:)

Mudpuppy
01-21-2014, 09:24 AM
That is amazing - learn something new everyday. My problem would be I like to slide. I'd have to retrofit a pair of sandals with a slide pad - which would be easy to do because they sell some shoes with velcro slide pads you can replace. I have seen people wear 1 tennis shoe and 1 bowling shoe. My bowling shoes are like that - my right foot has a slide pad and my left foot is just a regular shoe. Only difference is they match. Reminds me of placekickers in football that wear 1 kicking shoe and 1 regular cleat. I might have to try that. Something different. Maybe fluorescent neon orange running shoe on the left foot and slide shoe on the right.

sprocket
01-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Mike, you should get some Jesus sandals and also wear a flowing white robe while bowling. That would be cool.:cool: You wouldn't be able to use any balls with evil names though, like the Hell Raiser.

Stormed1
01-21-2014, 10:15 AM
I wear a tennis shoe on my right foot due to my requiring a custom shoe. I have charcot in my right foot so it is deformed. I bowled for 5 years with a Crowe orthotic walking cast on that foot.

YODA
01-30-2014, 09:59 PM
I ding wear bowling shoes when I bowl either. I use regular tennis shoes and have even playing in my basketball shoes.