PDA

View Full Version : NEW WAVE convection OVEN de-oilier?

MICHAEL
01-23-2014, 12:24 PM
I was wondering if my (New Wave Oven cooker) would work as a de-oilier? What is the maximum temperature a bowling ball can reach without doing damage. I noticed on my New Wave it has a temp setting of from 1 to 10!

I put a older ball in the oven and I started to see smoke starting to come off the ball, I assume it was oil in a gaseous state. I could touch the ball and it was was very warm, but not so warm as to not being able to keep my hand on its surface
I just sent an email to New Wave asking at the number 1 setting, (what is that temperature)!

I am sure a food dehydrator has a very low temperature, I wonder what that might be?

I did put it on the lowest setting number 1! Not sure, but it just might be to high, won't know until I hear from the company.

vdubtx
01-23-2014, 01:10 PM
Nothing over 135 or so for bowling balls from what I have read.

Easier way to know the temperature at each setting is to put a thermometer in the oven.

dnhoffman
01-23-2014, 06:08 PM
I guess you didn't try my dehydrator oven?

tccstudent
01-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Personally I think I would rather pay the $20 and have it done at the proshop with a machine that is designed to do this.

After how many games do yall suggest having a ball baked.

Hampe
01-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Lol....I'm pretty sure smoke is a bad sign.

MICHAEL
01-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Lol....I'm pretty sure smoke is a bad sign.

Ok,,,LOL,,, the fact that it turned to a fluid state, is that a bad sign also!! LOL

I agree the New Wave is not going to be a tool I can use, (even at its lowest setting), for solid state bowling balls! (:)