PDA

View Full Version : Roto Grip Asylum Ball Review by PJ Haggerty

PJ Haggerty
01-26-2014, 12:10 AM
A hybrid between the Disturbed and Deranged?!?! Umm.. hell yes! The Asylum is a perfect fit between those two balls. I did feel like there was a bit of a gap and the Asylum fills it perfectly. For me, the Deranged was very clean and pretty sensitive to friction, where the Disturbed was pretty strong for a symmetrical ball. The Asylum is definitely a step down from the Disturbed in length and motion. I can easily see lots of players using the Asylum when the lanes transition and the stronger balls start to burn up. It provides a good amount of length, not as much as an Up Roar or Shatter and just as much pop down lane as a Disturbed.

The one I drilled is 5 ½ x 4 ¾ with no hole and I took the surface up to 4000. I’m not able to use it a lot on fresh patterns, but when the lanes start to transition, it’s a great piece to go to. I can definitely see using this ball on several types of conditions. This ball also takes surface very well. For a mid-performance ball, the Asylum isn’t too strong for the price point and will provide you a step-down benchmark ball. To sum it up, if you feel like you are missing a gap after your Disturbed, Marvel-S, Wrecker, Defiant Soul, or Byte, this ball will provide a smoother, cleaner motion with a very predictable motion down lane.

Go drill one! #RotoGrip #OwnIt