PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Covert Revolt

MOTIVmags
01-26-2014, 03:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys-YjrHVCLo

Description: The Covert Revolt reveals the new Vanquish Core and new Turmoil HFS Cover.
Reaction: The addition of the Covert Revolt has filled MOTIV’s slot for an earlier revving medium to heavy oil ball. This ball is best suited when the ball needs to start sooner in the front part of the lane and maintain a controllable motion at the backend. I can see this being a popular choice on more difficult patterns that provide a moderate to heavy amounts of oil volume. This ball isn’t strong just in the front, the middle, or back part of the lane…it is evenly strong throughout the entire lane. On carry down I tend to go to something that has more down lane reaction such as the Primal Rage, but the combination of control and downlane hook will provide an additional option. Most balls designed for medium to heavy oil aren’t useable from start to finish, but the Covert Revolt provides just enough down lane reaction to use it for complete sets.

Comparisons: The Covert Revolt is very close to letting me play a similar area in the front part of the lane as the Raptor Talon, but where it differs is the continuation it provides down lane. The Raptor Talon is much more forward down lane and is not able to cover as many boards. Compared to the Sigma Sting the Covert Revolt pushed me much deeper on the lane with my target and just shy in covering as many boards down lane, but keep in mind the Covert Revolt covers boards very gradually. (See video for visual comparisons)

Summary: The Covert Revolts biggest strength is controllable hook. This is going to be a ball that will thrive on fresh or heavier sport patterns. I tested polishing the Covert Revolt and although it did create more length, I still saw the very gradual and consistent shape downlane that makes this ball unique. I think for those that may find those made for heavy oil only balls too strong, this ball will give you that same strength but will provide more hook potential down lane.

Mike Magolan
MOTIV/Turbo/Boom Apparel Staff Member

YODA
01-26-2014, 08:19 PM
Really like the video! Makes me want to check the ball out for sure. I love the hook on the ball itself, and being able to play a little more left.