PDA

View Full Version : Tips on a good cam / video-recorder that....

dutchlefty
01-27-2014, 04:46 PM
Hei,

I'd like to record my game. Approach, swing, release etc. Of course the camera needs a good close-up function but it also
needs to be able to play back in slow motion with sharpness in the pictures.
If it is possible with a stativ. Then i do not need anybody to hold the camera.

Any tips on affordable cameras ? or / and recording tips?

bowl1820
01-27-2014, 05:06 PM
recording tip: One thing you want is a camera with the highest FPS (Frames Per Second) you can get. 60 FPS minimum

The Higher the FPS the better the playback, Slo-mo, you can see detail better.

Also a extra light will help, the higher the FPS the more light you can use.

If you film from behind the camera see the lanes all lit up and the person can wind up silhouetted depending on how much light is behind you.

Plus a huge memory card and a extra battery is useful.

Cart3r27
01-27-2014, 05:11 PM
I use an iPhone 5 with an App called - "Ubersense" - Its based for Golf swing but i use for bowling and slow down footage to 1/8 or frame by frame with overlay features to compare my swing to others.

Mudpuppy
01-28-2014, 09:42 AM
I suggest GoPro Hero 3+ - shoots 1080p or 4K video. You can get a mount for a tripod and both tripod and camera are cheap. The camera itself you can get for $199 in the white edition (which is all you need for bowling video - I use the mounts for motorcycles, etc. that are a little more). Excellent camera and indestructible.

Jaescrub
01-29-2014, 08:54 AM
+ 1 on the gopro not cheap, but still a great camera I got a hero 3 black + for Xmas from my mother and father. It's great they know the wife and I travel a lot for adventures and I also do the Import car/street racing thing so they knew it would be used a lot. In fact it's the biggest/best Christmas gift other then the NES we got in the 80s that I still have ha ha ha.

Cart3r27
01-29-2014, 11:23 PM
I just suggested the phone because its better then going to spend that amount unless your going use all time.

I always wanted a GoPro, but could never bite the bullet to buy one.