PDA

View Full Version : My new ball

MICHAEL
02-01-2014, 11:51 PM
It was drilled today, Hope this is the one that gives me that 800!! I am going with the tri-grip! Its a very comfortable grip, and I do get more revs with the thumb coming out sooner! 16lb

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/ruckus-33628_zpsf9260d6f.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/ruckus-33628_zpsf9260d6f.jpg.html)

There is going to be a RUCKUS tomorrow at 10:00am!!

Ruckus Specs

Product ID: 11242

Brand: DV8

Release Date: 10/31/2013

Perfect Scale®: 230.1

Performance: Pro Performance(10)

RG: 2.592

Differential: 0.052

Mass Bias Diff: 0.013

Flare Potential: High

Lane Condition: Medium-Heavy

Finish: Polished

Coverstock: Hybrid Reactive

Coverstock Name: Class 8F Hybrid Reactive

Factory Finish: 500 Siaair / Royal Compound

Core Type: Asymmetric

Core Name: Ruckus Medium RG

Quality: First Quality

Color(s): Green,Blue,Black

Pauley
02-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Sweet! I have looked at this ball and might just have to get it myself. Good luck today and let us know how it works out of the box.

RobLV1
02-02-2014, 09:34 AM
The rg is actually 2.54. When we refer to the rg, we normally refer to the low rg (rg min). The high rg is the low rg + the differential.

Bunny
02-02-2014, 10:05 AM
The rg is actually 2.54. When we refer to the rg, we normally refer to the low rg (rg min). The high rg is the low rg + the differential.

Is that for the 16lb? I see 2.54 for the 15lb. I wish the ball companies would list the specs for different weights since they are generally different.

RobLV1
02-02-2014, 01:04 PM
That is for 15 lb. Most of the ball companies list the numbers for all the different weights, by on the DV8 site, they only list 15 lbs.

tccstudent
02-02-2014, 01:08 PM
If I didnt have 2 reign on's I would be interested in this ball .......... I am really loving these hybrids.

Blacksox1
02-02-2014, 06:50 PM
What drilling pattern ? Do you use inserts ? What brand ?

Blacksox1
02-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Finger weight ? Pin up or down ?

YODA
02-02-2014, 08:11 PM
this is the ball the facebook page says they are giving away next week.. tell us more about it man:)

Aslan
02-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Finger weight ? Pin up or down ?

What drilling pattern ? Do you use inserts ? What brand ?

Now you're just confusing him.

RobLV1
02-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Blacksox: Finger weights? You're kidding, right?

larry mc
02-02-2014, 10:41 PM
im tempted to pick up 1 of these myself , very tempted,

mike_thomas93
02-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Good choice, Mike! I'm sure you're gonna enjoy that ball. Make some noise!

MICHAEL
02-03-2014, 02:28 AM
ITs my first ball ever drilled pin down and between the fingers! ITS FRICKEN AWSOME!! The pin is about one inch down and between the middle finger and ring finger. I will take a good picture of it to show the lay out, and ask James the lay out tomorrow!! Where have Pin downs been all my life!! Rolls early, and a very controllable SWEET UNIQUE movement into the pocket!

I will be bowling with Jason tomorrow, and plan on using it for the whole series!! It seems to be one of those ball, in my case that on house oil, can get me through 3 game, with out getting to flippy toward the second game!

I might have a couple other balls plugged and drilled plug down! I will get the exact layout that he used for me tomorrow!!

I need to get use to its NEW and in my opinion improved movement!!

OUR SUPER Bowl Party was a BLAST!!! Jason just left about 1:15am,,, several bowling buddies, played games,, madden football, darts, Ice hockey, POOL!!! WE had a Fricken blast, and did have the game one, but watched very little of it! This Years champ and Prize winner was JASON!!! He took home the winning gift I put together for this years winner!

Yes I use the Vise system, and do use lift finger inserts, not the round ones but the flat on grip side!

I will get you that layout! James who was at my party tonight, surprised me with the pin down! My first, but I feel not my last!!!

Its great to experiment with different drilling patterns!! They say "LIFE Begins with Pin Down"!! LOL

I hope to eat the fricken pins up tomorrow! Jason is subbing for my Son that is in Disney World with his wife and two boys!!

I know its EARLY, and the Ball is not even broken in yet, so too early to tell, if pin down is going to be a winner for me!

JaMau24
02-03-2014, 02:36 AM
OUR SUPER Bowl Party was a BLAST!!! Jason just left about 1:15am,,, several bowling buddies, played games,, madden football, darts, Ice hockey, POOL!!! WE had a Fricken blast, and did have the game one, but watched very little of it! This Years champ and Prize winner was JASON!!! He took home the winning gift I put together for this years winner!

Haha it was certainly a lot of fun! I enjoyed everything but the horrible game on TV! What a joke. Oh well, at least I don't have to watch all the Broncos fans around here boast.

MICHAEL
02-04-2014, 01:23 AM
Dual Angle Layout

55 X 5 X 60

storm

4 1/2 X 5 X 4 1/2

Will have a picture of the drilled ball soon!

I like this new Pin down layout VERY MUCH on our house pattern... First time out on 10 person league
645... could have been much higher, but a few senior moments cost me that... "THE BALL is a Winner!"

MICHAEL
02-04-2014, 06:39 AM
James took the time to give me his layout, and a picture of the ball drilled!
http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/image3_zpsd46a7936.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/image3_zpsd46a7936.jpg.html)

tccstudent
02-04-2014, 04:05 PM
how long is your span that thing looks huge

MICHAEL
02-04-2014, 07:56 PM
how long is your span that thing looks huge

Its HUGE!! I can palm a bowling ball without holes!

MICHAEL
02-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Well I have to say, I am not real happy with the amount of early break on this ball. Its not snappy, or hokey stick movement, but it does roll way to early for me. My comfort zone for feet is 15, or 20, and aim at 9 to 12 target.

I have to stand 30, 35 and target 15/20 to get to the pocket, and I am not happy with the results so far.

I would like to move back to my comfort zone! If I were to take the surface to 4000, and use the polish they recommend, (which I just got yesterday from Bowlingball.com), Burnswicks Royal compound 2500 grit polish!

It says on the bottle that it creates good length through the heads, traction in the mid-lane with a strong arcing back end.

Says its an all purpose polish for reactive urethane and plastic balls... (its what's recommended for my ball)

It looks a lot, and feels like polish with very fine sanding compound!

Would it nullify the 4000 surface, using it in the final step of trying to get it down the lane a few feet further before it starts it break/hook?

I would like to take care of this by changing the surface, rather then maybe plugging it.

I thought I was going to like this pin down drilling, but as the ball has broke in, its just starting its hook way to early!

dnhoffman
02-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Well I have to say, I am not real happy with the amount of early break on this ball. Its not snappy, or hokey stick movement, but it does roll way to early for me. My comfort zone for feet is 15, or 20, and aim at 9 to 12 target.

I have to stand 30, 35 and target 15/20 to get to the pocket, and I am not happy with the results so far.

I would like to move back to my comfort zone! If I were to take the surface to 4000, and use the polish they recommend, (which I just got yesterday from Bowlingball.com), Burnswicks Royal compound 2500 grit polish!

It says on the bottle that it creates good length through the heads, traction in the mid-lane with a strong arcing back end.

Says its an all purpose polish for reactive urethane and plastic balls... (its what's recommended for my ball)

It looks a lot, and feels like polish with very fine sanding compound!

Would it nullify the 4000 surface, using it in the final step of trying to get it down the lane a few feet further before it starts it break/hook?

I would like to take care of this by changing the surface, rather then maybe plugging it.

I thought I was going to like this pin down drilling, but as the ball has broke in, its just starting its hook way to early!

So... after you were told that drilling it pin down would make more rolly, and arc rather that go long and snap, you're mad that it rolls too early?..?

MICHAEL
02-11-2014, 06:08 PM
So... after you were told that drilling it pin down would make more rolly, and arc rather that go long and snap, you're mad that it rolls too early?..?

Remember, I was NOT TOLD! (:) He, James, the driller that drilled both of my current 300 balls, surprised ME!
He said he thought I needed a pin down ball! I am not unhappy with it, I just have to tweak it, take some of that, not a lot, early movement out of the ball!

It might turn out to be one hell of a ball! It didn't need a balance hole, maybe that would be a good way to take SOME of that early movement out, but I would rather do it with polish, and or surface changes.

I like its movement, but as it has broken in with a little more use, its breaking too soon for my style of bowling! I went back to my IQ peal, in the 3rd game with pin up over ring finger, and WALA! bunch more strikes!

I want to Tweak it ,,,, any ideas,,, at the present time is original cover, with only the Royal compound added since I purchased the ball.

Pauley
02-11-2014, 06:43 PM
I am getting my Endless Nightmare plugged and redrilled pin down for the exact reason you are saying you don't like it. I have a few balls I can already perform well with in my comfort zone (I'm sure you do as well), but I want a ball I can take inside to oil that is not getting demolished by everyone else on the pair. I can move in with my IQ Pearl but it skids so much in the oil that if I go far enough inside it won't recover strong enough. I would think twice about plugging it if I was you just because you don't want an arsenal that only performs in your comfort zone, I think that ball will find a home in your bag if you use it properly and at the right times IMO. Especially if you find a sports league like you have mentioned, that ball will come in handy.

MICHAEL
02-11-2014, 10:14 PM
I am getting my Endless Nightmare plugged and redrilled pin down for the exact reason you are saying you don't like it. I have a few balls I can already perform well with in my comfort zone (I'm sure you do as well), but I want a ball I can take inside to oil that is not getting demolished by everyone else on the pair. I can move in with my IQ Pearl but it skids so much in the oil that if I go far enough inside it won't recover strong enough. I would think twice about plugging it if I was you just because you don't want an arsenal that only performs in your comfort zone, I think that ball will find a home in your bag if you use it properly and at the right times IMO. Especially if you find a sports league like you have mentioned, that ball will come in handy.

I did try throwing in league inside way left, and shot Center arrow! It will work, it made it back to the pocket, but I had to reduce my speed to about half! Its something I need to take the time and practice!

My stance is 99 percent of the time on fresh oil, league night, right foot on 15 board, and I shot 12/8 board! And this ball drilled that way takes a lot of speed to keep from going Brooklyn.

Pauley, it might be worth the effort when the weather gets better and snow leaves, to work on that NEW approach!
I have seen some pretty damn good bowlers throw that line! I agree with your thoughts on the IQ pearl, it does skid well and has lots of stored energy at the end! But not a good ball, for ME playing 4 or 5 board for target standing left!!
THANKS,,, I believe I will work on that new delivery, there may be a time when having that option makes a huge difference!!

MICHAEL
02-21-2014, 12:30 AM
I now can play for the first time, with my NEW Rukus ball drilled pin down the inside. After a middle game of 216, and the outside line getting burnt up pretty bad, I pulled out my new Ruckus! moved to 30 board, and shot 15! JUST WHAT I NEEDED for a 230,,,, Fricken Jason had to beat my score by four pins!!! LOL

I am pretty excited knowing I can now play the inside for the first time. The pin down and layout that James drilled for me, is going to help my average a bunch!! Its a great look, and another tool I will add to my chest of bowling tools!

Mike White
02-21-2014, 03:41 AM
That is for 15 lb. Most of the ball companies list the numbers for all the different weights, by on the DV8 site, they only list 15 lbs.

16 thru 12 is listed on the site under the comparison option.