PDA

View Full Version : SUNDAY ON ESPN: Belmonte vs. Rash in PBA Super Clash at 4 p.m. ET

circlecity
02-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Don't forget there is some bowling on today(Sunday)

http://news.pba.com/post/2014/01/29/SUNDAY-ON-ESPN-Belmonte-vs-Rash-in-PBA-Super-Clash-at-4-pm-ET.aspx

Pauley
02-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Just finished watching great match for sure. It was nice to see a 3 game match, there were some big adjustments made by both.

Aslan
02-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Dammit. I forgot.

sprocket
02-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Belmonte had to make the perfect ball choice in the third game for the right lane. He also had to be very precise and keep moving left while throwing it to the same break point. A little left and it would skid, a little right and it would over hook. He did all of that and easily won the third game and the match.

mike_thomas93
02-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Belmo's just gotta be the best on the tour. Posting that many shots with his power, pins have no chance. He's unbeatable ;p

tr33frog
02-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Tight matchup. Belmonte just gets so much pin action that he was able to get some nice carries. Both seemed to have to make some pretty good movement to find the pocket. It was interesting, that one of the announcers seemed to really, truly dislike Jason's two handed style to the point he just seemed angry about.

Pauley
02-03-2014, 08:51 AM
It was interesting, that one of the announcers seemed to really, truly dislike Jason's two handed style to the point he just seemed angry about.

I think it was Jason Couch you are talking about. It didn't seem too bad to me, when asked what he thought about 2-handed bowling and its place in the sport he said something to the affect of: I don't hold anything against Belmonte personally because that is how he grew up bowling, but I am old school and don't agree with it at all and should not be a part of the sport (very loosely quoted as I do not remember exactly what was said).

Personally I thought it was a good way to answer that question. I don't share his opinion to that extent, but he expressed his opinion (which he was specifically asked about his opinion) but did not personally attack Belmonte in the process.

sprocket
02-03-2014, 09:31 AM
I don't think having timing as late as Jason Couch has should be part of the sport. I'm old school that way. Stopping at the line with the ball still at the top of the back swing and then pulling it through sends the wrong message to kids starting out in bowling. They will not want to learn to bowl the "right" way and instead will try to do what Jason Couch does, which almost no one can do. They will develop bad habits trying to do it and would be far better off bowling in the traditional, proper timing way.

tr33frog
02-03-2014, 10:34 AM
I think it was Jason Couch you are talking about. It didn't seem too bad to me, when asked what he thought about 2-handed bowling and its place in the sport he said something to the affect of: I don't hold anything against Belmonte personally because that is how he grew up bowling, but I am old school and don't agree with it at all and should not be a part of the sport (very loosely quoted as I do not remember exactly what was said).

Personally I thought it was a good way to answer that question. I don't share his opinion to that extent, but he expressed his opinion (which he was specifically asked about his opinion) but did not personally attack Belmonte in the process.

Oh, if he would have left it there I wouldn't have even commented on it. It was his overall tone throughout and a few of his other comments as well.

Pauley
02-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Oh, if he would have left it there I wouldn't have even commented on it. It was his overall tone throughout and a few of his other comments as well.

I did watch the whole match but was doing some other stuff as well so I must have missed a few things he said. I thought you were talking about just the response to Randy Pederson's question, guess I missed the good stuff... Not suprised as I pay a lot more attention to the bowling than the commentators.

It seems a lot of the pros that have been around a while or recently retired don't seem to happy about 2-handers. I don't share as intense of an opinion as some, but I can kinda see where they are coming from. They have a more "old school" mentality I guess.

circlecity
02-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Bowling was great to watch but you can't have 4 color commentators. It was just annoying

Aslan
02-03-2014, 01:16 PM

Agreed. I don't like 2-handed bowling. It's my opinion. But when I first stated that OPINION on this very website...lets just say I was ducking and dodging like George W. at an Arab one-legged shoe salesman convention.

But this brings up a bigger issue I've seen recently in bowling that I'll start as another post.

Mudpuppy
02-03-2014, 03:27 PM
I thought it was a pretty interesting match - fun to watch

MICHAEL
02-04-2014, 07:01 AM
I think it was a GREAT format! One thing I will give Jason, he is WORKING HARD all over the internet trying to get bowling back and running! It's been in a downward spiral as a main stream sport, league sport, and just plain fun family game!

I have not seen much in that regards with Rash? Jason Belmonte is all over with innovative matches and get togerthers.... Only thing really missing is Belmonte vs Iceman!!! LMAO!!

I know I should like Rash the American, but Belmonte, has me in his corner!! Keep it up Bud!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/plasticdrinkingbottle_zpsaaa2c8cd.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/plasticdrinkingbottle_zpsaaa2c8cd.jpg.html)

Always remember to recycle your PLASTIC Bottles, even the Crushed ones!!! LOL

Mudpuppy
02-04-2014, 02:33 PM
I think it was a GREAT format! One thing I will give Jason, he is WORKING HARD all over the internet trying to get bowling back and running! It's been in a downward spiral as a main stream sport, league sport, and just plain fun family game!

I have not seen much in that regards with Rash? Jason Belmonte is all over with innovative matches and get togerthers.... Only thing really missing is Belmonte vs Iceman!!! LMAO!!

I know I should like Rash the American, but Belmonte, has me in his corner!! Keep it up Bud!

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/imagine686868/plasticdrinkingbottle_zpsaaa2c8cd.jpg (http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/imagine686868/media/plasticdrinkingbottle_zpsaaa2c8cd.jpg.html)

Always remember to recycle your PLASTIC Bottles, even the Crushed ones!!! LOL

Agreed and when I come to KC I am bringing a case of those water bottles to crinkle to give me the edge over open toes iceman.

tccstudent
02-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Agreed and when I come to KC I am bringing a case of those water bottles to crinkle to give me the edge over open toes iceman.

... Only thing really missing is Belmonte vs Iceman!!! LMAO!!

This gives me an idea I have decided to call everyone out everyone on the board Belmonte and anyone else on the Tour or anyone just wants to bowl me
The place any bowling center in Tulsa any time

circlecity
02-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Dammit. I forgot.

The videos are on my website if you have not seen it yet.

GeoLes
02-07-2014, 04:23 PM
I don't think having timing as late as Jason Couch has should be part of the sport. I'm old school that way. Stopping at the line with the ball still at the top of the back swing and then pulling it through sends the wrong message to kids starting out in bowling. They will not want to learn to bowl the "right" way and instead will try to do what Jason Couch does, which almost no one can do. They will develop bad habits trying to do it and would be far better off bowling in the traditional, proper timing way.

Or bowl Belmo's way. I am neutral on the two handed thing. Like in every sport change is inevitable and good for the sport most of the time.

austin
02-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I believe the game is constantly changing and evolving, while we need to be respectful of "old school" ways we need to look at what is good for the sport for the future. If that is kids learning to bowl 2 handed cause they like throwing a big hook, then so be it. The sport of tenpin bowling is ever changing and we need to change with it. I think we all forget sometimes that there was once a time when less than 20ml was a lot of oil. Now if you have less than 20 its a "ditched house shot". So the modern game is different, lanes are different, balls are different, lane oil is different and surprise, surprise, bowling styles are different.