PDA

View Full Version : Roto Grip Hyper Cell Review by Sean Baker

seanbaker
02-03-2014, 06:58 PM
Roto Grip Hyper Cell

Bowling Hand Right Handed
Experience Advanced (I have bowled in a league and hold a PBA Card)
League Average 220
Ball Speed Medium 15-16mph
Style Cranker
PAP 5" over 1/4" up
PSA Layout - 4" x 4" x 2"
Balance Hole - Yes

Surface Preparation - Out of Box (2000 grit Abralon)

What I Was Looking For In This Ball from this ball:
The strongest Roto Grip ball to date!

What I Ended Up With:
A strong ball with heavy roll early and even heavier roll on down the lane.

I tested this ball on a fresh oiled pair at our local center for 10 games. Our bowling center does not have an easy house shot at all with out of bounds

and a hard hooking middle. I first started deep inside. I found for me that I had to keep my speed up to get the reaction I wanted because this ball

rolled so strong for me. When I did pick up the speed, the Hyper Cell slammed back to the pocket with authority. Due to my speed mid range, I decided to

move right and see if I could set this ball up and still have a hard hit when reaching the pocket. As expected, I was able to play the out of bounds

portion of our lane and rip the pocket. I eventually migrated back left and played more of an inside angle again.

I was really impressed by how this ball rolled early and made it down the lane great without rolling out or getting weak. I definately loved the hard

backend reaction and heavy roll this ball gave me without quitting. I will use this ball on heavier oil conditions where I need to get the ball moving

earlier but want to keep length down the lane and still get a mean backend reaction.

I was really impressed on how this ball seemed to love the oil and come back massive off the dry portion of the lane with authority! For me, I noticed

that I would carry the corner pins really well where some of my other equipment will not at times on our house shot. I did hang some solid 8s and even some

9 pins when I let up on the ball. Speed is key for me with this mean ball.

Sean Baker
Roto Grip Staff
Paducah Ky 42003