PDA

View Full Version : My First look at the DV8 Dude

bowl1820
02-15-2014, 12:37 PM
Okay here's the first try with the Dude, This was just before league it was the first chance I had to roll it and wasn't to on top of my game. I was checking fit, I found I had to add a some tape.

It looks good so far, looks like it will be a little better for the house shot here.

http://youtu.be/bk0Im_Eh7fY

MICHAEL
02-15-2014, 04:14 PM
Well I thought you lived in the sunshine state of Florida, not Brooklyn? (:).... I know,,, it was a new ball! What in the heck is all that stuff on your bowling arm, and forearm,,, you look like the Bionic MAN!

It does seem to have a nice controlled ark into the pocket,,,, Would you take a picture of its layout? Is it a pin up, or down?

When it hits the pocket, it does look like it keeps the pins low and causes utter destruction!!

MICHAEL
02-15-2014, 04:17 PM
Will it be your go to ball on league night/afternoon what ever the case may be? If so what ball in your arsenal will it be replacing!
In your video was it on Fresh oil, or burnt up oil?

bowl1820
02-15-2014, 07:06 PM
As for the conditions go back and look at the video again I told what they were right at the beginning.

Okay here's the layout.

It's a 5X5 with the pin above the fingers (so similar to the Beatdown which has a 5X4 with the pin in the ringfinger.)

The undrilled dual angle layout is 75° X 5" X 35° no X-Hole

I'm figuring on it being the first ball out of the bag on the house shot. Now If it's happens to be wetter, I'd go to the Beatdown.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/aloarjr810/bowlingballs/DV8-DUDE-Layout_zps7487ea7c.jpg

MICHAEL
02-16-2014, 10:15 AM
As for the conditions go back and look at the video again I told what they were right at the beginning.

Okay here's the layout.

It's a 5X5 with the pin above the fingers (so similar to the Beatdown which has a 5X4 with the pin in the ringfinger.)

The undrilled dual angle layout is 75° X 5" X 35° no X-Hole

I'm figuring on it being the first ball out of the bag on the house shot. Now If it's happens to be wetter, I'd go to the Beatdown.

On a side note,,, please lose the High Water pants, and tuck your **** in next time! All IN or OUT, with the shirt!
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w89/aloarjr810/bowlingballs/DV8-DUDE-Layout_zps7487ea7c.jpg

I think you said it was (just before league), but surely not on lanes that WERE USED in league? That being said, how would I know if it was fresh oil, or undressed lanes adjacent to conditioned ones?

Looking at the ball going South, I thought maybe it was dry?

Our mechanic only oils the lanes that are used in league that given night, and sometimes puts oil down on a spare set incase a problem might occur on league lanes that night!

I thought it was a legitimate question,,, What in the heck is that under your bionic ball delivery system??? It looks like a huge white bandage?

Also on your forearm, I have seen those devises every once in a while, do they help, or are they for an injury, or both? What do they do for you? Relive pain??? Do I need one!! (:)

P.S... lose those HIGH WATER Pants, and PLEASE IN or OUT with the shirt!! LOL

Thanks for posting the picture of Your Dude, after drilling!!

vdubtx
02-16-2014, 10:37 AM
I think you said it was (just before league), but surely not on lanes that WERE USED in league? That being said, how would I know if it was fresh oil, or undressed lanes adjacent to conditioned ones?

Our mechanic only oils the lanes that are used in league that given night, and sometimes puts oil down on a spare set incase a problem might occur on league lanes that night!

I thought it was a legitimate question

I saw it shown right in video what conditions were.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/4e8694e430b54f5c7baf12e905ee7a68_zps4a763eae.jpg

MICHAEL
02-16-2014, 10:56 AM
I saw it shown right in video what conditions were.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/Vdubtx/4e8694e430b54f5c7baf12e905ee7a68_zps4a763eae.jpg

Wow,,, I guess I was reaching for my Coffee, when that flashed on the screen!! LOL I thought it might be dry!!
Thanks vdubtx!

What about the pants and shirt???? Am I right on that??? lol

bowl1820
02-16-2014, 11:26 AM
I think you said it was (just before league), but surely not on lanes that WERE USED in league?
Yes those lanes are used in my league, the league takes up the whole house. They were just starting to oil down at the other end of the house While I was bowling.

That being said, how would I know if it was fresh oil, or undressed lanes adjacent to conditioned ones?
How would you know, Like I said right at the start of the video theres a title screen that told the conditions.

Well if you had read the info in the video. You would see I said it was the dry leftovers from the afternoon league that just got done.

Our mechanic only oils the lanes that are used in league that given night, and sometimes puts oil down on a spare set in case a problem might occur on league lanes that night!
About the same here, they usually do all the lanes though because theres leagues in the morning, afternoon and evening and they take up most of the house

I thought it was a legitimate question,,, What in the heck is that under your bionic ball delivery system??? It looks like a huge white bandage?
It was and it was answered in the video. The white thing under my wrist device was just a liner to keep it dry. I made one from a tube sock, the ones you buy are too short for me.

Also on your forearm, I have seen those devises every once in a while, do they help, or are they for an injury, or both? What do they do for you? Relive pain??? Do I need one!! (:)
The strap near my elbow is a elbow support to prevent tennis elbow.
http://www.masterindustries.com/images/products/gloves-wrist-supports/small/gloves-wrist-supports_70.jpg

P.S... lose those HIGH WATER Pants, and PLEASE IN or OUT with the shirt!! LOL
Well those were my old work pants, I didn't get a chance to change.

Thanks for posting the picture of Your Dude, after drilling!!

vdubtx
02-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Teammate has a dude and he plays 10 board and stand 10-15 all the time, he has hard time keeping on pocket side. Goes through head and Brooklyn all the time with it.

MICHAEL
02-16-2014, 12:19 PM
Teammate has a dude and he plays 10 board and stand 10-15 all the time, he has hard time keeping on pocket side. Goes through head and Brooklyn all the time with it.

He has been bowing up a Storm with his DV-8 Dude!! As I mentioned in an earlier post,,, The day it was drilled, and handed to him, he had NO, NONE, practice throws... He was handed the ball, and threw a 10 pin leave, picked it up, then all strikes!!

But then Jason is not HUMAN,,, only half!!

noeymc
02-16-2014, 01:09 PM
half human half amazing hu iceman?

MICHAEL
02-16-2014, 02:20 PM
half human half amazing hu iceman?

YOU GOT THE RIGHT!!! LOL I think a lot of what makes him amazing, is that Alien Blood line,,,, form the plant Bowlula!!! I have pictures of his true identity on Me vs Michael!! They are not touched up at all!! The Real Deal! LOL

tr33frog
02-17-2014, 04:44 PM

I've often wondered, why people that throw down and in look to buy high performance balls. I get the machismo aspect, but it would seem to be the wrong tool for the job. Am I missing something?

vdubtx
02-17-2014, 06:06 PM
I've often wondered, why people that throw down and in look to buy high performance balls. I get the machismo aspect, but it would seem to be the wrong tool for the job. Am I missing something?

No, you probably have it right. He is set in his ways and won't move to the left and throw further in. Some people just won't listen. Another team mate just got a Storm Marvel S and he was a down and in player as well with his prior equipment. He is now starting to see the benefit of staying in more oil longer down the lane. He still gets it out to 10 every once in awhile, but he is starting to transition.

classygranny
02-18-2014, 10:02 PM

Sometimes the only shot available is more down and in. And what would be the reason not to throw a performance ball (ie-I throw my RotoGrip Defiant Soul) if that's where the shot is on that particular day. I don't get why you think you wouldn't want a performance ball for that shot? I don't always play down and in, but if that's where I get to the pocket and carry, then that's where I want to play...that day/that game/that frame - not saying you might have to move off that line at some point.

MICHAEL
02-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Sometimes the only shot available is more down and in. And what would be the reason not to throw a performance ball (ie-I throw my RotoGrip Defiant Soul) if that's where the shot is on that particular day. I don't get why you think you wouldn't want a performance ball for that shot? I don't always play down and in, but if that's where I get to the pocket and carry, then that's where I want to play...that day/that game/that frame - not saying you might have to move off that line at some point.

That just might be the way, with your ball speed, and rev's, delivery! But one thing I have noticed in my 3 years of bowling.
Everyone is UNIQUE,,, and what one person needs to play a certain shot, for someone else it might be Too much, or not enough!
Nothing wrong Classygranny, just like that GREAT WEATHER YOU HAVE DOWN there in waterless AZ!! (:)

Perrin
02-19-2014, 01:03 PM

Like Michael says it's all about the bowler. There is a guy in my league tonight that throws a nightmare down 10 out to maybe 5. For him it works. If I tried that line with a Nightmare I would either burn out and the ball would hit like a marshmallow or be lucky to hit the 7 pin.

Now if the house oiled 7-7 instead of 10-10 and/or with a heavier volume that may be the right line for me. again though, all situational.

I think what was meant is someone that gets a new ball and refuses to adjust to the new ball and instead tries to force it to play the same line as the old ball.

MICHAEL
02-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Like Michael says it's all about the bowler. There is a guy in my league tonight that throws a nightmare down 10 out to maybe 5. For him it works. If I tried that line with a Nightmare I would either burn out and the ball would hit like a marshmallow or be lucky to hit the 7 pin.

Now if the house oiled 7-7 instead of 10-10 and/or with a heavier volume that may be the right line for me. again though, all situational.

I think what was meant is someone that gets a new ball and refuses to adjust to the new ball and instead tries to force it to play the same line as the old ball.

Bingo!!