PDA

View Full Version : Will PAP change with change in release?

Pauley
02-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Question for all of you that know a whole lot more than me! I am a newer bowler (<6 months) and have been practicing as much as I can. I am currently averaging 195 in the league I joined already under way 5 weeks ago. So I am very happy with my progression so far, but still have a long way to go technically to where I want to be.

I am working very hard on my release to get more under and inside the ball, it is getting better but still a ways to go. My question is will my PAP change as my release gets better?

The reason I ask is I am considering plugging a couple of balls in my arsenal to get them layed out with two of the dual angle layouts I want to use. I agree with Rob's philosophy on using 2-3 layouts and have found one of them with my drillers advise on the IQ Tour Pearl he drilled for me. I love that ball and the reaction I get. I want to plug my Dude to match that layout and plug my Endless Nightmare and try a strong early rolling pin down layout for sport shots and tourneys.

Just wanted to check on the PAP changing because if it does change I will wait until I get my release where I want it and consistent before I start plugging and redrilling. Thanks for the help!

tccstudent
02-16-2014, 07:30 PM
Simple answer yes. More detailed you might have to wait on someone else.
Your pap is determined by your release and then reaction of the ball is determined by you pap. So as you learn to stay behind the ball and put more revs on the ball your track and pap will change.

sprocket
02-16-2014, 08:09 PM
Your PAP could change but that doesn't mean you're still not going to love the reaction of your IQ Tour Pearl. The layout could change to slightly more of a control layout or maybe just the opposite, but the change might not be that big of a deal.

If spending money on balls isn't that big of a deal to you then go ahead and change the layout on those other balls. If money is tight I would stick with what you have until you are happy with your release.

Pauley
02-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the help. I assumed it would change, but just wanted to double check. I think I might go ahead and re-drill those balls. If needed I can just do it again down the road or buy new balls, its only money right...

Ptnomore
02-21-2014, 03:50 PM
... its only money right...

As long as you can go to work tomorrow and make more, It's only money.

Trex
02-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Some people will say it won't, but yes it will!!!!

I have tried every layout ever thought of, and only three work great for me!!! And it don't matter how I release the ball, as I have many different ways to release the ball to get different reactions, but..there's only three layouts that work best for me no matter how I release the ball!!

With that being said..if money is not an option, buy a whole case, or two of the same ball with same specs,and try different layouts to find which ones work best for you, then when you buy equipment in the future, you will know the best layout for that ball for you on the shot you will be bowling on!! :)

MICHAEL
02-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Some people will say it won't, but yes it will!!!!

I have tried every layout ever thought of, and only three work great for me!!! And it don't matter how I release the ball, as I have many different ways to release the ball to get different reactions, but..there's only three layouts that work best for me no matter how I release the ball!!

With that being said..if money is not an option, buy a whole case, or two of the same ball with same specs,and try different layouts to find which ones work best for you, then when you buy equipment in the future, you will know the best layout for that ball for you on the shot you will be bowling on!! :)

What year did you win the lotto!!??? People on here are hoping for new free ball! LOL What in the heck is a case, 24 balls... That method is a costly one beyond even my capacities! LOL Did you say a case or two!! :rolleyes:

I think I might try a few different ones just for the heck of it, plugging and redrilling some of my older balls!

Trex
02-21-2014, 04:23 PM
What year did you win the lotto!!??? People on here are hoping for new free ball! LOL What in the heck is a case, 24 balls... That method is a costly one beyond even my capacities! LOL Did you say a case or two!! :rolleyes:

I think I might try a few different ones just for the heck of it, plugging and redrilling some of my older balls!

One case =four balls

I did not win the lotto, I stopped smoking and drinking, and started investing that money into bowling :)

In the last eight years I have invested $30,000 in bowling equipment, instead of blowing that money on un-healthy habits!! :)

I use to spend that much on drag cars and muscle cars, now it's all bowling!!! :D