PDA

View Full Version : Now I bought another ball off eBay

sprocket
02-20-2014, 03:48 PM
First I bought a NIB Brunswick Karma for $48 shipped. It should be here tomorrow. Now I just bought another Ebonite TPC Player, which is the ball I bowled 804 with, for $5. Actually $35 shipped and it is used but in great shape with just a single drill.

Weather permitting, there is a super knowledgeable pro shop owner that I will see tomorrow. He told me to bring him every ball I own. He has over 100 plugged a resurfaced balls, and he thinks old stuff is just fine. He will go through my stuff and his stuff and get me an arsenal together and then I can start bowling tournaments again.

He knows my game because he bowled several games with my group last Sunday and he really likes my release. I'm very confidant in his abilities to set- me up with a good group of balls.

mike_thomas93
02-22-2014, 07:16 PM
Sounds like ebay's pretty reliable. I've never bought a ball off there, but I've browsed ebay a lot

larry mc
02-24-2014, 12:06 AM
great deals , i once got a nib lethal revolver for 99 cents plus shipping , some good deals 2 be had on ebay

scruffwhor
02-24-2014, 09:02 AM
i've bought all but two of my balls on ebay. all for teh lowest price on the web. no complaints what so ever. i always look to ebay first when im in the market for a ball or anything alse bowling related (i.e. tape, sliders, wrist supports, etc.)

sprocket
02-24-2014, 11:29 PM
The Karma came today. 3 5/8" pin and 4.1oz top weight. I requested a 3-4" pin and that's what I got. Now I can't wait to get it drilled. More than likely tomorrow. It won't be drilled to go long because this ball already goes long. It will probably have a fairly neutral lay-out. The pin will be well right of my ring finger due to my 6 1/8" PAP. I'm wondering if the high top weight is going to be a problem. If the CG is kicked right it will probably create quite a bit of side weight which might require a pretty large balance hole.

Mike White
02-25-2014, 04:11 AM
The Karma came today. 3 5/8" pin and 4.1oz top weight. I requested a 3-4" pin and that's what I got. Now I can't wait to get it drilled. More than likely tomorrow. It won't be drilled to go long because this ball already goes long. It will probably have a fairly neutral lay-out. The pin will be well right of my ring finger due to my 6 1/8" PAP. I'm wondering if the high top weight is going to be a problem. If the CG is kicked right it will probably create quite a bit of side weight which might require a pretty large balance hole.

On a symmetrical ball, there is no good reason to kick the CG right and create so much side weight that you need a large balance hole.

Look at the animation at about 5:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8vX_yoM0Q4

sprocket
02-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Thanks Mike. Dave, who drilled my ball today talked to me for quite awhile. He told me that most balls I use should be drilled to go long and flare less including this one. He watched me bowl six games a couple of Sundays ago and he said that he loved my release but I generate a ton of early roll and I don't have much axis rotation. I told him I thought I had more axis rotation when I play in more but I was playing more outside that day. He said he highly doubted it. If I truly could generate more side roll then why wasn't I doing it that day? The reaction would have been better if I had. He said if I could do it, I would have been doing it. Not only that, he couldn't imagine physically how I could get much more axis rotation with my hand positioned where it is at release.

He said that all but maybe one of my balls was drilled bad for me. The one he liked was the one I bowled 800 with. My Strike Zone gets down the lane only because it is highly polished. In its OOB state it would hook early for me even on heavy oil.

So he drilled the Karma with the pin almost touching the ring finger, I think 5" from my PAP. It is a low flaring layout. He said I would probably love that ball. I haven't tried it yet.