PDA

View Full Version : Ptnomore's scores

Ptnomore
02-20-2014, 04:22 PM
New to the site. 42 years old, Started bowling 4 years ago I think, with a 166 avg that first season. Currently 190 in two leagues at same house. Bad back from car accident 20 years ago aggravates progress sometimes.

USBC# 8293-57994

Was making gradual improvements and bowling much more consistent before the Christmas break, hitting only my second ever 700 series. Haven't been doing nearly as well since the 1st of the year.

Fri 1/31: 169, 225 and 144. Rough night. Back was out, couldn't get balanced, timing was hit/miss,shot was all over the place, release was inconsistent. Should have drank more.

Tues 2/4: 168, 197, 213. Sometimes takes me a bit to get loosened up. Back is in bad shape. I have good days a bad.

Fri2/7: 159, 179 and 234. New ball for first two games and at some point during, realized the ball was a full pound lighter than what I usually throw. Politely gave that one back to the proshop to return, and pulled the Nail out of the bag for the 3rd.

Tues 2/18: shot 216, 212 and 190. 3rd game, changed balls, couldn't find the shot, missed easy spares, was just in a bad frame of mind for the first 5 frames. Pulled my head out my nether region, tried a different line and ended well, from a 62 in the 5th frame. First two, I used Arson Hybrid, and 3rd used the Nail Smoke and Fire. Team of 5 now down to 3, no thanks to the young folks we had on the team. One is in the hole $300, and the other is off to jail for 3-5. So this forces a bit of extra concentration, and frustration if we're going to continue to compete, handicapped money league, with a 15 pin penalty on blind scores. So we're down 30 pins each game to start for the next 11 weeks.

Mudpuppy
02-21-2014, 03:00 PM
Born in 71 or 72? I was born in 71. Great year. 42 is the new 20.

Welcome to the site.

Ptnomore
02-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Born in 71 or 72? I was born in 71. Great year. 42 is the new 20.

Welcome to the site.

Aug. '71. I remember feeling alot younger when I was 20. Not nearly as smart, which probably has alot to do with why I'm not feeling so young now...

:cool:

Mudpuppy
02-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Aug. '71. I remember feeling alot younger when I was 20. Not nearly as smart, which probably has alot to do with why I'm not feeling so young now...

:cool:

Nov 71 for me. I still feel 20 (most days). Try P90X - it's a game changer.

Ptnomore
02-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Nov 71 for me. I still feel 20 (most days). Try P90X - it's a game changer.
I've heard that. I'm still just too full of excuses not to. played soccer for nearly 20 years. I miss playing, just not training. Now, 4 kids, long work hours, kids sports, coaching, cars, motorcycles, boat, house that needs work, bad back, bad knees, Blah, blah blah (Whah, whah, whah).

Some day...

Mudpuppy
02-21-2014, 04:43 PM
I've heard that. I'm still just too full of excuses not to. played soccer for nearly 20 years. I miss playing, just not training. Now, 4 kids, long work hours, kids sports, coaching, cars, motorcycles, boat, house that needs work, bad back, bad knees, Blah, blah blah (Whah, whah, whah).

Some day...

Wow - lot of similarities I see here. Born same year. 4 kids - but I will soon have 5 kids (Mrs. MP is due March 28). Motorcycle. Of course work, cars, house that needs work.

Right now I am definitely in need of starting back up on P90x. I had a million excuses too - just finished my basement and everything else, including working out, took a back seat. It's hard to get back into it.

Another great thing is meditation. It helps out big time. I don't do it often enough but when I do it definitely helps.

A couple of years ago I started going to the chiro and that helps big time with my back.

Ptnomore
02-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Yep. I'm a regular at my chiro office. Occasionally I can go a month between visits, but then dumb S*** happens, and I'm back in there 3 times a week, like last week.

Congrats on #5! Awesome!!

The 3 oldest of mine are step kids, but I've been in their lives more than their Dad now. And they nor I really mention the step thing much. They don't call me Dad, but they will introduce me as their Dad. It's fun. They're great kids. Just were handed a big ball of poo to deal with early on. So my oldest is 20 and in college and the youngest is 5.

I ride a 98 HD Springer, and an 05 Buell XB1200R.

Meditation sounds great. I actually read about it. But when laughter came over my wife when discussing it, I realized that I will not have the peace and quiet in this house necessary for meditation any time soon. Just getting a good nights sleep is rare.

Good to meet ya!

Mudpuppy
02-24-2014, 09:31 AM
It is really cool - my chiro I have a swipe card and no appointment necessary. Just go in, swipe the card, get adjusted and done in 10 minutes. I go once a week per his recommendation. Never felt better.

You know what is better than a motorcycle? 2 motorcycles. But you already knew that, lol. That is awesome. I have a few friends in PA that ride around Gettysburg area.

You know I tried to do meditation with my wife and daughter but they don't take it serious and just laughed the whole time so I feel your pain. It is amazing how well it works though. Look up Karen Gamow. http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&field-author=David%20And%20Karen%20Gamow&page=1&rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3ADavid%20And%20Karen%20Gamow

They did a seminar at my work and they are really good - her and David.

Good to meet you as well.

Ptnomore
02-26-2014, 04:36 PM
Disappointing night last night. Obtained two new bowlers for our team for the last 3rd of the season. Neither of them did well compared to their posted averages.

I had a 232, 239 and a 167. Balled down for the 3rd game to my Nail. I was all over the place, off balance, bad timing, everything I was doing right the 1st two games, disappeared in game #3. 3rd game is usually my strongest game. We lost 3. Bad way to start the final 3rd.

Ptnomore
03-02-2014, 10:04 AM
On Friday night, with the other team missing two bowlers, and 4 bowlers total throwing straight down the middle, I figured I could use my Cruel Intent. I haven't even bothered to pull that ball out of the bag the last couple of weeks, because normally the oil doesn't hold up long enough for that ball.

232, 214 and 189...my first decent, consistant 600 series since before Christmas. Third game, missed an easy spare in the 9th, went 3 strikes in the 10th.

Was one of my better nights in a couple of months. Head was clear, and I really felt like I was making smart decisions, smart moves, and making consistent deliveries.

Ptnomore
03-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Any momentum gained in the previous weeks was shot to hell this week. I took my son bowling on Sunday night at a local house that's known to be a bit rough.

The lanes were dry. Dry like the desert dry. I tried like hell for two games to get my Hammer Nail Smoke and Fire to the pocket, and couldn't do it consistantly. 3rd game, gave up and Bowled a complete game with my 25 year old White Dot...something I haven't done in almost 25 years.

I bowled a 189. Stood on 15, threw out out over 10, it went to 5 and came back to the pocket.

But in all that struggling, I screwed up my timing. I should have known better. Tuesday was terrible.
162, 234, 172. 1st game was a mess. Picked a few easy multi-pin spares. 2nd game was clean. 3rd game, splits, picks, etc.

Ptnomore
04-25-2014, 02:46 PM
Had a few rough weeks, busy at work, kids have started baseball and spring soccer, Fall leagues winding down.

Last night of the Friday league all teams that were not in the championship participated in a No-Tap Tourney. I placed second in the mens with an 831.

Tuesday night had a pretty consistent night with a 650 (230, 211, 209).

both nights I used my Cruel Intent for all 3 games. Swingin this ball from left gutter to 17-18 at the arrows is getting alot more comfortable, and it's paying off. :cool: