PDA

View Full Version : bdtrob300's Scores

bdtrob300
02-26-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm going to try and update this every week and use it like a diary to track my progress.

I've really been struggling for the last year or so, dropping about 20 pins off of my average in multiple leagues over that span.

I feel like I'm starting to get a better release and I've been posting up alot more of my shots, so maybe I'm going to turn the corner soon. Anyhow here's how Monday night went.

I only bowl in one league on Thursdays regularly and Sub somewhat frequently on Mondays at a different house.

This past Monday there was a Storm Demo Day at the same time as leagues, so I went a little early to try out all of the new releases from Storm and Roto. I threw probably 16 frames, 5 with the IQ Tour Fusion, 5 with the Hyper Cell, 3 With the Zero Gravity and 3 with the Byte. I've never been to a demo day before and it was alot of fun.

Anyhow, League began and I missed practice since I was so busy trying out the demo stuff.

163 First game, with 15 lb. Lane#1 Grind. Left two washouts then brought it back with a turkey in 4-5-6, missed a couple spares, kept missing my mark to the right then when I got it straightened out, the ball was hooking into the nose.

203 Second Game, Switched to my 15lb. AMF Green Mamba. I probably should've stuck with the grind, even though I scored better, I didn't feel like I was making better shots. I had to make a big move that with the Grind would've probably worked out better.

153 Last Game. The lanes started to get burnt and I couldn't keep up at all. Switched to my 12 lb. Storm Victory Road that I use for spares and two handed screwing around. Basically, if i get totally lost and out of ideas I rev the bejesus out of it, chuck it and hope for the best. That's what was going on here, I got disgusted and just started whaling the thing out of frustration. Had to finish with 4 out of the last 5 to make 153, it was going that bad for me... :mad:

So, 516 series, I'm only averaging in the 170's this year, so its not a terrible night, but I used to average 195 at this house, so I'm dissapointed with it...

bdtrob300
03-14-2014, 08:33 AM
Thursday mixed league:

Went 144-202-148 for 494.

I got the alley late and picked up my two new balls, Motiv Sigma Sting I had drilled pin straight up for a longer roll with strong backend. And a Storm Byte I had setup pretty aggressive for heavy oil.

Since I was running late, I had no practice time with either before the first game. So, split, split, split, put the storm in the bag, way to much ball for this shot. But then I settled down and absolutely fell in love with the motiv. I was having a really off night, grabbing the ball at the bottom of the swing, really
missing my mark by 5-10 boards on some shots, really just didn't have it tonight, and I still managed a 202 with the sigma sting, really impressive ball. Carriers everything, keeps the pins super low.

The last game I decided against my better judgement to use the byte, it was a massive split filled struggle, I finished with strike in 7-8-9 then opened the 10th.

Really just trying to get a feel for the new equipment so I'm not too upset about the scores. I've also got a sinus infection from hell, so I'll blame that too...

I'm pretty optimistic that these new balls will give me a little more range in my arsenal.