PDA

View Full Version : Husban/Wife or Life Partners Bowling, Do you bowl in a leage with your life partner?

Jeral999ok
02-26-2014, 11:35 PM
It Wednesday night, me and my wife ( Cr8zyKatLady, Cindy to me :p), just got home, we bowl together in this league (Rockwell, Tulsa, OK), and we bowl on the same team.

I was just wondering if anyone else bowls with their partner on the same league, if yes, are you on the same team?? I know there are a couple of husbands and wives on our Rockwell league, like me and Cindy, but they are NOT on the same team. LOL

So here is how Cindy and I are playing.

Mondays, Cindy has a Ladies Only league, teammates are fiends and co-workers, I practice at same house while she shoot her league.

Wednesday, We are both on the same team for our Rockwell league along with friends and co-worker, including TCCStudent

Friday, I am on a Travel League, while she don't bowl at all, she some times comes out at watches,chats and stuff. Also TCCStudent in on my team.

Cindy and I do enjoy playing together and helping each other out. We do not do Tournaments together, we tried, and she just does not like the pressure.

So, do you bowl with your partner,
if so, are you on the same team
or do you get very competitive with your partner
and how often to you bowl together.

Just curious, Jerry Jeral :rolleyes:

Jaescrub
02-27-2014, 12:06 AM
The wife and I are on the Fri night Mix league together. 4 person Cell the wife two Buddy's of ours Three men and a Lady ha ha

Jeral999ok
02-27-2014, 12:20 AM
The wife and I are on the Fri night Mix league together. 4 person Cell the wife two Buddy's of ours Three men and a Lady ha ha

Yep, our Rockwell Wednesday night is a required mixed, it my wife, me, TCCstudent, co-worker, and 4th guy, and if we sub my wife, it has to be a female, must have at least 1 of each sex on the team and use there score, either same sex sub or blind.

I got Cindy hooked on bowling about 3 years ago (we been married for 10 years) and she likes it a lot.

Jerry

Hampe
02-27-2014, 03:58 AM
I've been trying to get my wife into bowling, but haven't had a ton of success. She's come to practice a few times and bowled for us in league a couple times this season, but she would still rather go play billiards or something else.

RobLV1
02-27-2014, 07:00 AM
My wife started bowling one year after I did, in the mid-eighties. We've pretty much bowled at least one league together ever since, though the parameters have changed since I retired a couple of years ago. Right now, I bowl a doubles league with her at noon on Wednesdays that is kind of an experiment since her average is about 5 pins below the league minimum, but the league officers agreed to let her in since her goal is to improve by bowling with better bowlers. I also bowl in an almost-scratch Trios league at noon on Thursdays, and a Senior Men's Travelling League at noon on Mondays. She bowls in a mixed handicap league at noon on Tuesdays (my golf day), and I'll often stop by and watch her after my round, or bowl in as a sub if the weather is bad for golf (rare in Las Vegas). During the summer, we bowl in a mixed handicap league on Tuesday nights with two friends of ours. One of our friends averages in the 240's, and is also my coach and golfing partner. That is a fun league that we both look forward to all year.

J Anderson
02-27-2014, 10:22 AM
I sub quite often in a trios league that seems to have a rule against spouses bowling on the same team. All of the couples in the league bowl on different teams.

mc_runner
02-27-2014, 10:33 AM
I've been trying to get my fiancee into bowling but she just doesn't like it. She subbed in a summer league last year with me, but we probably won't be doing that again.

J Anderson I actually really like that idea. Sounds like some fun/friendly competition and get to know other couples!

J Anderson
02-27-2014, 10:44 AM
I've been trying to get my fiancee into bowling but she just doesn't like it. She subbed in a summer league last year with me, but we probably won't be doing that again.

J Anderson I actually really like that idea. Sounds like some fun/friendly competition and get to know other couples!

If you're near Fairfield, it's the School Community League. Mostly teachers and other folks with some sort of connection to the Westport school system but they're always ready to welcome new bowlers.

vdubtx
02-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Wife used to bowl with me on Thursdays. Another couple, I still bowl with the guy, used to bowl with us and both wives quit at end of the same season. She is just not that into it like I am.

mc_runner
02-27-2014, 11:57 AM
If you're near Fairfield, it's the School Community League. Mostly teachers and other folks with some sort of connection to the Westport school system but they're always ready to welcome new bowlers.

Unfortunately that's quite a hike for me - I'm just south of Hartford. May be moving out towards that way (well, closer anyway) in a couple of years though.

dpatrickv
02-27-2014, 01:40 PM
I bowl with my wife on a mixed league. This is her first league ever, and she has adopted my old 15 lb maxim. Thankfully, she doesn't ever beat me. Hahah

Ptnomore
02-27-2014, 01:51 PM
My wife and I bowl together on the same team on Friday Nights, mixed league. I started her out on Summer League to see if she liked it. We've been bowling together, just on Friday nights, for 3 years or so now. No more Summer Leagues though. Schedules, and Summer don't work well together for us.

Jeral999ok
02-27-2014, 09:31 PM
I sub quite often in a trios league that seems to have a rule against spouses bowling on the same team. All of the couples in the league bowl on different teams.

WOW.. wonder how it goes when they get home after playing each other. Do you gloat, or humbly say "I won" lol

Jeral999ok
02-27-2014, 09:36 PM
My wife and I bowl together on the same team on Friday Nights, mixed league. I started her out on Summer League to see if she liked it. We've been bowling together, just on Friday nights, for 3 years or so now. No more Summer Leagues though. Schedules, and Summer don't work well together for us.

This sounds just like us, we were sitting around on spring day, and said to each other, "we need to meet other couples". I suggested Bowling league, I bowled a lot in the 90s but quit about 95 and wanted to get back into it.

She agreed to do a summer early league, so we got her a cheap ball, and it just getting better every year. That was about 3years ago also.

Now we just spent $675 on new balls for me and her, LOL, she just got a 12lbs Storm IQ Fusion.

Jerry

tccstudent
02-27-2014, 09:44 PM

WOW.. wonder how it goes when they get home after playing each other. Do you gloat, or humbly say "I won" lol

There is a few couples on our Wednesday night league where the wife is easily the better bowler in the family.

Pauley
02-27-2014, 11:38 PM
I wish my wife would get into like me. She goes with me for fun every once in a while, but nothing serious.

Blacksox1
02-28-2014, 12:05 AM
I bowl in a serious league one night a week, no women are allowed. However, I have taken my wife open bowling 4 times. I purchased her a new pair of bowling shoes before the first experience. She did not like it, but was good sport. The last game of the fourth trip to the bowling center she bowled----------------------wait for it--------------------a game that broke 100. I was relieved she did this. I coached her up and then told her I loved her and that we would go again when she wanted. Still waiting.

MICHAEL
02-28-2014, 01:36 AM
I think my wife enjoys bowling as much as Iceman does! She is in the top 4 or 5 female bowlers in the two leagues we bowl on together. Its Cool bowling with her,,,, we both got started late in life, but believe me we are making up for lost time!!! ICE

Mike White
02-28-2014, 01:41 AM
Yep, our Rockwell Wednesday night is a required mixed, it my wife, me, TCCstudent, co-worker, and 4th guy, and if we sub my wife, it has to be a female, must have at least 1 of each sex on the team and use there score, either same sex sub or blind.

I got Cindy hooked on bowling about 3 years ago (we been married for 10 years) and she likes it a lot.

Jerry

You might want to investigate getting a replacement for TCCStudent, who might not be able to afford bowling for a while.

Rumor has it, he recently pissed away his life savings on a bad gamble.

tccstudent
02-28-2014, 02:52 AM
I bowl in a serious league one night a week, no women are allowed. .

You can have a serious competitive league with women. We have a few very good women bowlers around here. Hell we even have one that was a college bowler.

Perrin
02-28-2014, 01:10 PM
I bowl with my wife in 2 leagues (that is all she bowls) and I bowl in 2 mens leagues (sub in a third) also.

It's fun for the most part the only bad thing is if what happens on the lanes comes home... :)

She does love the occasional time that she beats me for a game or the 1 time she beat me scratch series :D

classygranny
02-28-2014, 07:01 PM
Congrats to all of you that can bowl with your partners!!! My husband and I bowled in a league for the last four years (we've been married 3). He finally asked me to find a replacement for the second half of the season in January, as our bowling together was becoming detrimental to our marriage. We just approach the game differently, and I saw a side of him - that was NOT pretty, and I couldn't deal with it and my bowling sucked, and as such, the attitudes then drifted into the truck on the way home and sometimes way after.

Now he is happy just going to open bowl by himself once in awhile.

Although, to his credit, he did sub for us a few weeks ago. Bowled well, no temper tantrum, and a good attitude (win or lose), and all was good. Wouldn't want to chance it on a weekly basis just yet...maybe in time.

Jeral999ok
03-01-2014, 01:09 AM
Congrats to all of you that can bowl with your partners!!! My husband and I bowled in a league for the last four years (we've been married 3). He finally asked me to find a replacement for the second half of the season in January, as our bowling together was becoming detrimental to our marriage. We just approach the game differently, and I saw a side of him - that was NOT pretty, and I couldn't deal with it and my bowling sucked, and as such, the attitudes then drifted into the truck on the way home and sometimes way after.

Now he is happy just going to open bowl by himself once in awhile.

Although, to his credit, he did sub for us a few weeks ago. Bowled well, no temper tantrum, and a good attitude (win or lose), and all was good. Wouldn't want to chance it on a weekly basis just yet...maybe in time.

Good, should have a good time at this sport. Cindy (my wife) like I said is really new (this is her 3rd year) I'm proud of her, maintaining a 127 average (High game todate is 195). But we have good nights and bad nights, and our teammate and us like to win but never put blame on any one player if we loose. Don't get me wrong we try to win, we laugh and help each other out.

When Cindy is having a tough time, I just inform her of what I see wrong, let her decide how to move forward and just cheer her on, same with our teammates, if they see things wrong and tell me, awesome, I try to correct and it helps 90% of the time.

Like tonight in the travel league, our 2nd game. 4 out 5 of us had Turkey 10th frames and loved it (wink TCCStudent). It was all good. Then I get stuck with the "Hello Kitty" dice, last one "Hung" has to take them home (TCCStudent Thanks, they hung me in the 9th on the third game).

I find going to bowling alley, relaxes me, lets me unwind, and I try never to bring down anyone including me :) bad game are learning tools.

Jerry

Jaescrub
03-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Jerry that's great. I have to say that I also enjoy Bowling with The wife but unlike yours she dose not want me to tell her Nothing. She picked up the game really really fast 1 yr and holds close to a 140 avg. high game was a 245 I about S my self she's a way better Bowler then me. Ha ha ha. On a side note what's wrong with Hello Kitty my phone case is hello kitty right now :)

dnhoffman
03-01-2014, 09:21 AM
I bowl with my wife in 2 leagues (that is all she bowls) and I bowl in 2 mens leagues (sub in a third) also.

It's fun for the most part the only bad thing is if what happens on the lanes comes home... :)

She does love the occasional time that she beats me for a game or the 1 time she beat me scratch series :D

She beat you scratch series???? Ouch...