3000 Wet Sand
Symmetric Core
Layout 60 x 3-7/8 x 40

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 4-3/4 Over 1/4 Up
Rev Rate 300. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The Covert Revolt features a new cover stock from Motiv, but one I’m sure we will see more of. The Turmoil HFS shell provides plenty of predictable hook and the Vanquish core drives through the pins keeping them low. The Covert Revolt gives bowlers a lot of hook that is strong and with a reliable motion. I found even as the lanes broke down I could make small adjustments and keep it in play. It is just above my Primal Scream in total hook but not as much as the Talon. I would not characterize they motion as a true arch, but early roll with a backend that gets more powerful as it goes down the lane. The Revolt plays well on any type of condition I rolled it on but seems to like some oil up front. It is like Motiv took the best parts of the Sigma Hybrid and Sigma Tour and created the Covert Revolt.
I tested the Revolt with box and a polished surface. The ball tunes easily up and down. The box surface is what I will most likely use on this ball. The polish gave me a few more feet but I did not give up any control. The ball maintained its roll and powerful motion. The polish will help to get the weak ten out if it burns too early at box finish.
We had a Motiv test Drive and I drilled up a few of these balls as an added bonus for our attendees and the feedback was incredible. I knew real quick the Covert Revolt would be a good seller for Motiv. Lower rev players seemed to like the CG/Mass Bias point swung toward their VAL while the high rev folks liked a weaker layout. That is very common, but we saw a big motion difference with these balls drilled with a stronger layout for weaker hands.

Summary:
A lot of hook with control and drive.
This ball is a good fit for any style.
The more I tested the Covert Revolt the more I liked it.
Polishes well but maintains the same predictability.
This Revolt is a nice match of new core and cover technology.

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Turbo Staff

www.motivbowlng.com

www.sportshot64@comcast.net

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q_NloVgiGA&feature=youtu.be