PDA

View Full Version : TotallyDefiant's Scores.

TotallyDefiant
03-13-2014, 11:33 AM
I bowled 5 games last night. The first two were very slow motion for me because I was working hard on my release trying to get the proper feel for the ball coming off of my fingers. My speed slowed all the way down to 12-13mph while working on this. Still bowled a 132 and a 138 while soley concentrating on the release.

After those two games I slowly built my way back to my full swing. The next game I picked the speed up to 14.5mph and rolled a 168. The release felt a lot better than it had been feeling. So I picked the speed up a little more in the next game to 15.3mph. I only managed to get 2 strikes this game but made almost every spare for a 177. Picked the speed up a little bit more in the next game to 16.4mph and rolled a 184. The final game I was satisfied with how the release was feeling so I decided to go full speed which is 17.9-18.2mph for me. Rolled a 202. Over all I was happy with my practice session and think I will start practicing like this more often to work on my release.

TotallyDefiant
03-14-2014, 10:22 AM
Lane conditions were a little different lastnight. I had to move right and play up the 1 arrow to find the pocket. Plus it seemed like I was not getting the same amount of revs on the ball as I have been getting. Bowled 3 games. 167, 162, 171. I had 3 open frames in each game. Other than that it was pretty much hit the pocket pick up the 10 pin or hit the pocket and pick up the 7 pin all night. I understand what leaves the 10 pin but what in the world leaves the 7 pin? I left the 7 pin twice as many times as I left the 10 pin lastnight.

Over my last 12 games I am carrying a 182 average.

TotallyDefiant
03-15-2014, 10:45 AM
Bowled with my family lastnight. Everything felt perfect except my thumb was a little too tight in the thumbhole. Found the pocket on almost every throw. It was a very frustrating but yet fun night all at the same time. In my second game I left the single 7 pin and single 10 ten times in a row. Shot 201, 160, 227, - 588 series lastnight. the 227 was a clean game. Picked up every spare. 3 game average of 196.

I am also averaging 187.42 over my last 33 games.

TotallyDefiant
03-16-2014, 10:28 PM
Took my daughter bowling again today. I rolled a 175, 225, 150 series today. Dang 10 pin leaves are starting to drive me crazy. I managed to pick up a 1-2-4-10 spare in the second game to keep a clean game for the 225. Series average of 183.33 today.

TotallyDefiant
03-18-2014, 03:30 PM
This is still a work in progress but went to practice on my lunch today and got three games in while working in my release. I did post 3 videos in the video section for review however my scores today were 150, 192, 194 for a 536 series. I also concentrated on my mph today and kept it between 17.8-18.2 mph according to the screen.

TotallyDefiant
03-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Went to the bowling alley last night to just straight up practice on foot work and my release. I spent 3 games soley working on my release at the foul line. I would walk down to the foul line, post up, put the ball and wrist in the position I wanted them to be in and would just swing the arm back and forth a couple times and finally release the ball. Surprisingly, the scores were still 142, 146, 152 while bowling like that.

The next game I concentrated hard on slowing my foot work down and tried to work on sliding instead of planting. I noticed I was able to post a lot more shots at the foul line and rolled a 177.

The final game I kept everything slow and smooth but decided to see what would happen if I picked my ball speed up a couple mph to 16.5. The first 3 frames I left open. Three strikes in a row followed with a 7/ Followed up that with striking out for a 210.

I was finally able to feel a decent release and was getting some decent revs on the ball and my wife said nope time to go. Oh, well maybe I will be able to get the same feeling the next time out to the lanes.

TotallyDefiant
03-20-2014, 02:53 PM
Worked hard on my release again today. Stood at the foul line working on the release and rolled a 152 to warm up with. Then moved into my full swing working on the release. Rolled a 177 and a 201. Did not have enough time to bowl more than three games today due to being on my lunch break.

TotallyDefiant
04-19-2014, 04:25 PM
I bowled in a 9 pin no tap tournament lastnight. It would have been nice to have an established average lastnight because I would have won some money. Had to bowl scratch though. Even if it had not been a no tap tournament every game would have still been over 200 but I rolled a 262, 242, 255 in the tournament for a 759 series.

I stayed and bowled a game with my brother after the tournament was over and rolled a 214 clean game.