PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Venom Shock - Smooth Operator! Review & Ball Reaction Video

Mappa
03-13-2014, 02:53 PM
The Venom Shock is a great compliment to the recent releases from MOTIV. The low RG / Medium Differential Gear core, paired with a new solid coverstock provides a smooth roll throughout, with just enough at the backend to give me consistent carry. The best way to describe it is that the ball seems to drive forward through the pin deck, with less deflection. The pins also seem to stay lower – which I’ve seen with previous MOTIV balls that utilize the Gear core.

Here is a link to my ball reaction video. In the first part I compare two Shocks, the first one is layed out 60* 5” x 40*, the second is 80* x 2” x 70*. In the second part of the video, I compare the motion of the Shock with the Covert Revolt, Sigma Sting, Primal Rage, and Cruel Intent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TElP_NM8V2Y

After bowling with the Venom Shock for a few weeks, I’ve determined that my favorite time to use it is on a fresh medium to heavy oil pattern. It really helps to smooth out the lane from front to back. I’m able to groove it right up the track area in those conditions. On short sport patterns, this one also comes in very handy when I’m looking for a “hook/stop” type shape from an outside angle. I feel like this really widens the pocket for me, when more angular equipment would over-react on the back end. This piece is a “must” in my bag when it’s tournament time!

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
MOTIV Staff