PDA

View Full Version : Bowling sayings

tccstudent
03-13-2014, 06:41 PM
I just found this in my email I am sure most of you have the same email
http://bowl.com/Source/Source_Home/Featured_Story__Phrases_only_Bowlers_will_Understa nd/

The 2nd and 4th are called something else around here. Just wondering what yall call them

The 2nd one is the 5-7-10 I know this as the Lily the article refers to it as the Sour Apple

The 4th one is getting Hung while the article says getting stuck

tr33frog
03-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Never had a name for the 5-7-10, but getting hung is right for the 4th (or beer frame).

Of course there is also the sex pin that wasn't listed.

tccstudent
03-13-2014, 08:04 PM
On our Friday night league we have a pair of hello kitty dice If you get hung you get the dice and have to hang on to them until someone else gets hung.

I think beer frames are a thing of the past at least around here
at broken arrow a turkey gets you free popcorn if everyone stikes in the 5th frame that is a soda
at Owasso if everyone strikes in ANY frame its a free soda.
No where else around here does anything like that anymore.

zdawg
03-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Funny sour apple, I left one the other day for the first time ever. The old timer bowling next to me asked how do you pick that up, I replied "I was hoping you could tell me". I did a little better than Barnes in that clip, as I got the 5-7 part of the split :rolleyes:

Mike White
03-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Funny sour apple, I left one the other day for the first time ever. The old timer bowling next to me asked how do you pick that up, I replied "I was hoping you could tell me". I did a little better than Barnes in that clip, as I got the 5-7 part of the split :rolleyes:

Last time I shot at an apple, I got the hard 2, Slapped the 10 out of the pit into the 7, but no luck on the 5.

zdawg
03-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Last time I shot at an apple, I got the hard 2, Slapped the 10 out of the pit into the 7, but no luck on the 5.

Almost feels like you should get the spare for converting the 7-10 :cool: The closest I've come to converting a 7-10 is I got the 10 to jump back on the lane but it didn't have the roll to be a threat to hit the 7, still for a split second I thought I got lucky