PDA

View Full Version : Venom Shock: Shock the World!

toverbey
03-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Lane condition:
HPL 9000 surface
40ft Modified Kegel Stone Street

Ball Specs:
Layout: 65 x 5 x 35
Surface: Box + Motiv Power Gel Polish

The Motiv Venom line has been a staple in controlled ball reaction without sacrificing hitting power. The new Venom Shock not only continues this legacy, it adds a dynamic not previously seen in this price point anywhere in the market. The brand new Turmoil MFS coverstock has great traction through medium to medium-light oil while the proven Gear core (2.48RG, .034 Diff) provides the energy to get this ball through the pindeck with ease. The inetntion of my layout was to give to me a go-to ball when the lanes began to break down and I needed something that could get down the lane cleanly but not be too jumpy, or squirly, on the backend once it encountered the burned-up track area and carry down. Not only did I achieve this goal, I found out this ball is much more versatile that I expected. Compared to the Venom Strike, the Shock is a couple of boards stronger and more angular on the backend, though it is definitevly not a ‘snappy’ motion. This ball is just strong enough for me to play on a fresher medium volume pattern because of the strength of the coverstock/core combination (I am sure with a stronger layout there would be no doubt about its traction in such conditions), yet my original idea for it has also held true. As the lanes break down I can move left with it and it still retains enough energy at the spot to make a strong motion towards the pocket and through the pins (I have so far tested it as far left as laying down 34, crossing at the arrows at 24). The Shock has become a staple in my arsenal because of its versatility and controllability, a great compliment to my Sigma Sting when it is too much ball for the conditions. When you need control without sacrificing hitting, grab the Venom Shock and Shock the World!

Here is a link to my video of it being thrown on the fresh pattern listed above:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHt5ViXkVU

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
Motiv Staff
www.motivbowling.com