PDA

View Full Version : Of these choices, which should I consider adding to my arsenal? (craigslist finds)

LastCallKillit
03-26-2014, 06:03 PM
I currently have a 15# Storm Street Rod resurfaced up to a 4000 grit no polish, and a factory finish 14# DV8 Misfit Pearl. I think I'm gonna stick to 15#s now that I know if it hooks too hard for me I can take it a bit finer grit and I can handle getting it down the lane without reacting too early.

$20 Bowling Balls
- Columbia Rock - TEC 2 Particle
- Ebonite Matrix - Reactive
- Storm Invasion - Reactive

$25 Bowling Balls
- Storm Tropical Storm - Reactive (Hardly Used)

Both for $15
LT48 Gold, and a Tropical Storm. No weights listed.

larry mc
03-28-2014, 11:16 PM
if the street rod hooks alot for u , stay away from the invasion , maybe try the tropical

RobLV1
03-29-2014, 12:25 AM
Please don't take offense, but if you really want to be a bowler, save your money and buy a new ball from a proshop that fits your game. There's a reason that these balls are on Craigslist, it the reason dosen't bode well for you.

LastCallKillit
03-29-2014, 08:16 AM
My current two balls are used. I love my Street Rod, i'm not sold on my Misfit Pearl yet. Especially after thursday's games. I can't seem to get consistent line, or reaction out of it.

I've heard good stuff about the Tropical series, and from what I understand the Tropical Heat was the same ball as the Street Rod. They have the same core and cover stock, it's just finished different.

I might just have to check out that Tropical Storm.

LastCallKillit
03-29-2014, 08:18 AM
My current two balls are used. I love my Street Rod, i'm not sold on my Misfit Pearl yet. Especially after thursday's games. I can't seem to get consistent line, or reaction out of it. I rolled 152-148-200 that night. I finally was getting a good line out of my Street Rod the last game, I cleaned up my throw some. It was that and the lanes were already tracked, a league had just finished heir games.

I've heard good stuff about the Tropical series, and from what I understand the Tropical Heat was the same ball as the Street Rod. They have the same core and cover stock, it's just finished different.

I might just have to check out that Tropical Storm.

Stormed1
03-30-2014, 03:16 AM
tHE tROPICAL USES A DIFFERENT WEIGHT BLOCK CONFIGURATION THAN THE TROPICAL HEAT. tHE TROPICAL TENDS TO BE VERY ANGULAR. oF THE BALLS LISTED I WOULD SAY THE lt48 GOLD WOULD BE YOUR BEST BET. BUT LOKE rOB SAID YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR PRO SHOP AND DISCUSS WHAT WILL FIT YOUR GAME BEST> MOST PRO SHOPSS ALSO HAVE USED BALLS AVAILABLE