PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to get my ball redrilled-dumped my wrist support....

Hammer
03-29-2014, 06:10 PM
I used a wrist support for years. I finally decided to throw it aside and see how I would bowl without it. Well surprise surprise! I can bowl without it and not worry about my wrist breaking back. I needed it when I started league bowling because I didn't know how to hold the ball right or how to make a correct release to put revs on the ball and make it hook.

Now that I really got into the nuts and bolts of bowling with a correct release I found out that my wrist can handle being straight or a little cupped when I make my swing. The secret for me was not muscling the ball on the forward swing and staying behind the ball up to the release area. What I found recently that works even better then staying behind the ball to the release area is leading with the ring finger up to the release area. Doing that gives you a bigger margin for error if you have a habit of turning a little early. If you do turn a little early then you will be behind the ball or close to it when you enter the release area. Your hand should turn slightly as you are going through the release area and not before you enter it.

Turning early before you get to the release area cuts down on your revs and gives you a weaker carry. You can also end up with a pulled shot or missing your mark.

vdubtx
03-29-2014, 07:36 PM
How does it feel without the support? Any gaps with your grip, too loose? If not you might not need anything done. Can never hurt to get it checked though.

larry mc
03-29-2014, 08:34 PM
only u can answer this question , but the fact that its not feeling bad 2 you probably means , no

noeymc
03-29-2014, 09:55 PM
id talk to a pro shop and see what they say hard to say with out seeing it

Hammer
03-29-2014, 10:34 PM
I noticed that when I put my fingers into my Blue Hammer ball it seems like there is more of a gap between my palm and the ball surface. I am going to take it to my pro shop Monday and have it checked. I think that I will check on their price of the Storm Lights Out ball. I want to see if the pro shop employee thinks that it would be a good ball to go between my Blue Hammer and my Raw Hammer Anger ball. I am getting a hankerin' for a new ball. I new it would happen sooner or later. You arsenal guys know what I mean.

steelchamp206
03-30-2014, 12:43 AM
What wrist support did you use??

Hammer
03-30-2014, 03:45 PM
What wrist support did you use??

The one I used was a Robby's Plus wrist support. I used a wrist support for 29 years. I wish I would have abandoned it a long time ago. You have more wrist adjustment without it. My wrist is stronger then I thought especially if you swing the ball without muscling it and hold it correctly until you hit the start of the release zone.

bowl1820
03-30-2014, 04:01 PM
The one I used was a Robby's Plus wrist support. I used a wrist support for 29 years. I wish I would have abandoned it a long time ago. You have more wrist adjustment without it. My wrist is stronger then I thought especially if you swing the ball without muscling it and hold it correctly until you hit the start of the release zone.

The Robby's Plus is basically just a firm wrist type The gap between your palm and the ball surface you feel is because the strap is gone and really shouldn't affect your span much if at all. At least not enough to have a grip redrilled, unless you haven't had it checked in a long time, so now would be a good time to have it checked.

The braces that would affect the span (Like what was talked about in the other thread) would be more the ones like the gladiator,moro pro-release, robby rev's etc, the ones that extend more up toward and over the fingers. Because they hold your hand more open.