PDA

View Full Version : What's the strangest thing you had to bowl THROUGH???!

Aslan
03-29-2014, 11:12 PM
On Friday I subbed for my old team and during the bowling, there were 2 earthquakes. I didn't feel the 1st one but the second one was long and hard (6.1 magnitude). All the pins fell down, TVs nearly fell from the ceiling and there was debris that fell from the ceiling tiles.

Before that, the only things I ever had to "bowl through" were:
1) Saw a couple guys get really hurt on lanes nearby.
2) In northern Michigan, I never had too much of a problem myself, but I know many relatives bowled during some pretty severe snowstorms/blizzards.

RobLV1
03-29-2014, 11:16 PM
While living in North Carolina in the early nineties, we bowled league as fast as we could so that we could get to the hurricane shelters "just in case." Pretty scary!

mc_runner
03-30-2014, 05:00 PM
Does open bowl count? Kid running in front of my lane in the middle of approach. Luckily able to hold up before whaling him in the head with the ball. I mean a 4 year old doesn't know any better, but that was close.

noeymc
03-30-2014, 05:42 PM
was bowling and 2 dudes started yelling at each other after i finished throwing my ball i looked back and fist where flying

Geneo2u
03-31-2014, 08:51 AM
Big tourney day, guy on the next lane has a heart attack in the pit area, he fell to the ground. (2nd game) long story short after waiting for 20 min. i missed winning my Vegas plane tickets by 1 spare.

Another time, i had the front 11, wouldn't you know the power went out in the whole alley. of course having to wait 30 min. hosed that deal.

kingtut
04-01-2014, 04:43 PM
Big tourney day, guy on the next lane has a heart attack in the pit area, he fell to the ground. (2nd game) long story short after waiting for 20 min. i missed winning my Vegas plane tickets by 1 spare.

Another time, i had the front 11, wouldn't you know the power went out in the whole alley. of course having to wait 30 min. hosed that deal.

Wow, talk about being uneasy after a nearby cardiac episode. The most strangest/embarrassing event that happened to me was splitting my pants on the 4th frame in the first game on league night. Let's just say, it was a full (I need to go home) rip. Somewhat good, It was frightening cold and I had black thermals on.

Aslan
04-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Wow, talk about being uneasy after a nearby cardiac episode. The most strangest/embarrassing event that happened to me was splitting my pants on the 4th frame in the first game on league night. Let's just say, it was a full (I need to go home) rip. Somewhat good, It was frightening cold and I had black thermals on.

Ya went home!?? Man...thats a perfectly legal and legitimate reason to bowl in your underpants...and you let it slip through your fingers.

kingtut
04-01-2014, 05:11 PM
Ya went home!?? Man...thats a perfectly legal and legitimate reason to bowl in your underpants...and you let it slip through your fingers.

I did stayed and tuffed it out. It started as a 2 inch rip, and progressed to rags after that. That night actually started my high game streak for the next 4 weeks. Maybe I need to sacrifice another pair to get out of this little slump I'm in.